test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    f3dprod wrote: »
    Yepp, seems that ST.35.20131117a.6 is a new base. Seeing forward to tomorrows patch. Machen sie es so!

Widerstand ist Zwecklos
  • sharpkneessharpknees Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ok, nope, not today.....:(

Edit: or tonight....
    Persistent Officer :(
  • christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'll admit, I haven't been following the thread as closely as I probably should, but by any chance, will the next holodeck patch fix error code: 14178636?
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sharpknees wrote: »
    ok, nope, not today.....:(

Edit: or tonight....

Migraine? :P
    aren't women usually saying this?
  • christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'll admit, I haven't been following the thread as closely as I probably should be, but I'm not able to constantly be at my computer.

Anyway, by any chance, will the next holodeck patch fix error code: 14178636?

I can only assume that error is at least partially responsible and/or related to for a black screen upon getting past the splash screens.
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Happy Thanksgiving, Bran, and thanks for all you do for us!

Here's to the fixture of this problem, not just for now, but hopefully permanently when it all goes live.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i WAS just sitting in the background, quietly watching, BUT,I CANT STAY SILENT NO MORE!!!

AAAARRRRRGGG

ship sale! SHIP SALE! SHIP SALE!!!

*sitting in corner going crazy* 18897741 18897741 18897741

1&8%8#9?7$7*4!1

AAAAARRG!

%$&?*?! sTuPiD %$?#%!! yaAaAA! *VOOT *VOOT AGAGAAGAGAGAA

*shrinks back to quiet hole*
    nerf.jpg]
  • niki9000000niki9000000 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How many days I/we must wait to fix 1 stupid error. I am angry!!! :mad:
  • skooby365skooby365 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So let me get this straight, even if they fix the 1889774 error on tribble we are going to have to wait another week before we can get onto holodeck?

Are you freaking kidding me?
    edited November 2013
    I am angry!!! :mad:

I am captinwh0, nice to meet you :mad:

:D
    nerf.jpg]
  • barondeltabarondelta Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    skooby365 wrote: »
    So let me get this straight, even if they fix the 1889774 error on tribble we are going to have to wait another week before we can get onto holodeck?

It?s because getting us back online is their top priority.
  • skooby365skooby365 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I suppose we should be grateful for their magnificent benevolence :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U74s8nFE7No
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    skooby365 wrote: »

Yes it's because Of the thanksgiving holiday most people get the 4 day weekend off.
  • redandblack1redandblack1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yep,as usual...today is another day of waiting :mad::mad::mad:.....
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    must wait til tonight to test it
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Star Trek Offline: 16 Days and counting
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • d4m1j4nd4m1j4n Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    im going to start growing a beard.

see how long it gets before they fix it

LOL I Will start growing my beard too :D
  • jimbobbubbajimbobbubba Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    so does that mean we have to wait til the fifth till we are back in game Brian
  • primencc74656primencc74656 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well... Guess the Tardis, the Macross Quarter and the Terminus are gonna collect dust. three beautiful ships that at this rate won't see space again.

guess I'm off to slog through the Old Republic some more.
    edited November 2013
    This is almost going on an entire month. This has got to be the most major fail for any game developer. LOLS
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • gitto82gitto82 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well at least they have a fix that's the main thing, Branflakes has been honest enough and told us it will be next week I can deal with that. Branflakes have a good thanksgiving day what ever you do sorry I from the UK and I don't understand the concept But have a good weekend

chris
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So . . . mine is fixed . . . thanks, Microsoft . . .

Today I had a Windows 7 update. It had 3 updates.. IE11, .Net 4.whatever, and a security update. I installed them . . . rebooted . . . all of my windows settings . . . nuked. No documents . . . no pictures . . . no libraries at all . . . windows classic look - like XP . . . and I cannot make a desktop. I thought Windows had deactivated, but it still showed as activated . . .

I managed to get my Windows 7 back to looking like Windows 7, but still cannot do a desktop. It stays all black. So . . . what DOES that have to do with this thread??? I found the exe file for STO (had to - my start menu was also reset) and started STO . . . it worked. :P

So, my guess is, to some of you having these issues, check your Windows updates and get .NET updated, and make sure you snag the security update as well. IE11 shouldn't have anything to do with the game so skip that (no one in their right mine uses it. The only reason I snagged it is I do web development and need to check compatibility to stay W3C compliant).

I hope this helps. GET THOSE UPDATES!!! XD
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So . . . mine is fixed . . . thanks, Microsoft . . .

Today I had a Windows 7 update. It had 3 updates.. IE11, .Net 4.whatever, and a security update. I installed them . . . rebooted . . . all of my windows settings . . . nuked. No documents . . . no pictures . . . no libraries at all . . . windows classic look - like XP . . . and I cannot make a desktop. I thought Windows had deactivated, but it still showed as activated . . .

I managed to get my Windows 7 back to looking like Windows 7, but still cannot do a desktop. It stays all black. So . . . what DOES that have to do with this thread??? I found the exe file for STO (had to - my start menu was also reset) and started STO . . . it worked. :P

So, my guess is, to some of you having these issues, check your Windows updates and get .NET updated, and make sure you snag the security update as well. IE11 shouldn't have anything to do with the game so skip that (no one in their right mine uses it. The only reason I snagged it is I do web development and need to check compatibility to stay W3C compliant).

I hope this helps. GET THOSE UPDATES!!! XD
    Now, that's really odd.

Nice that this worked for you.

Though the way it came over you is a little... weird. They're all bashing Cryptic for their mishaps, but apparently, everyone got used to MS messing up their updates... ;)

Didn't see these updates, yet...

And I'm not sure if it wasn't the IE update, as at least the launcher seems to be based on IE in some way.

EDIT: Found the .net update. Wondering why I didn't get a notification...

EDIT 2: Didn't work for me.
    Only got the .Net Framework update, here, no IE 11 (think that one's already installed - I don't use it, but some programs ignore the preferences and load their link via IE, thus I keep it updated) and no security update.
    There only was an optional bing desktop installation I didn't load...
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
    edited November 2013
    d4m1j4n wrote: »
    LOL I Will start growing my beard too :D

WOW, that was some time ago,

ps. its nearly an inch long
    nerf.jpg]
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Time flies. :D
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Hi Captains,

I've got an update to share: we are internally testing a resolution to the graphics issue related to 18897741, and may have it out to Tribble for testing as soon as tomorrow. Please watch for Tribble patch notes :)

I am actually out of the office tomorrow as I will be driving to SoCal to see my family for Thanksgiving, but I've asked the team to text me when the Tribble notes go live so I can update this thread (as long as it goes live due to it passing internal testing).

Hope to post tomorrow if all goes well with internal testing! Thanks for your continued patience.

Hi Captains,

Good news! The resolution mentioned above is now available for testing on Tribble! Notes: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=934471

I am in SoCal now with limited forum access, so I'll try and check back later and hope to see everyone with 18897741 post that the fix has worked for them. Thanks again for all your patience!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If the fix passes internal testing and makes it to Tribble tomorrow, and then works for players crashing and doesn't cause other issues, it should go to Holodeck in the next patch. We already patched Holodeck this week (today) due to the Holiday, so we're looking at next week at the earliest. Not the best news, but I at least wanted to let you know so you didn't get your hopes up.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Next week? At the earliest?

Seriously?

Before I start Bran the following fan rage is not aimed at you. Its aimed at the incompetent coders and I'd appreciate if you'd pass it on with gusto (maybe some music as well, like

So just to be clear, coders, you failed to read the massive posts on tribble in the month preceding launch. You have failed to fix both 25664664 and 18897741 for 16 days, costing us 16 days of dil earnings, rep earnings, fleet donations, countless wasted hours and most crucially 200 irreplaceable lobi.

Next week at the earliest means we can kiss goodbye to that ship sale. Even worse than missing the master key sale.

I understand you want to be with your families over your holiday. When is it anyway (im british so dont know). 2 days intensive (and I mean intensive) tribble testing followed by uploading it to holodeck and giving it some more testy goodness. Three days at most assuming it works.

I've had to work through important holidays through no fault of my own before for dirt pay, but thats because life isnt always fair and I couldnt afford to lose those jobs. This bug and the losses we've already incurred are due to your breathtaking incompetence so please get a grip.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
    edited November 2013
    NOTE: I just updated Windows 7 with the new updates and they did NOT work. I don't know it's working for him with the launcher but I can verify that the updates did not fix the launcher problems.
  • ryocamelinryocamelin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All patched up, holodeck hangs until the process is killed, Tribble crashes with error 18897741, as per usual. The fix is not yet in, as we all know. so we continue to wait.

And as this is the 27th, no Tribble for most of us, sad days ahead.

For us LTS this is something we have no choice but to live with, for the monthly subscribers, this is a real inconvenience as they are now 16 days without access to a game they are paying for access to on a monthly basis.

16 Days with no Star Trek Online
    16 Days and still more
    The Devs knock one error
    and some more appear
    16+ days with no game on the wall

(sigh) my creative rhymer is kinda broken, maybe I'll parody 'No Air' next.

Maybe I'll post a Youtube parody of a hit song about ST:O being somewhat broken, maybe that might get some attention?

Tribble, no tribble, lots of troubles, still no tribble. I've written about 10,000 words of my novel in the downtime - so I'm a least trying to stay productive, but this truly sucks.
    We were the Borg, you should have been Assimilated, your Biological and Technological Distinctiveness was not added to our own, instead ... you exposed us to kittens.:D
This discussion has been closed.