Install Arc
Options

Voth ships got an overnight mega buff

2»

Comments

• Options
    theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, you're the one who thinks something got a buff when it didn't. Voth ships are super easy to fight. So while trolling is poor etiquette, threads like this are just asking for it.

Another issue I'm having is that occasionally I'll be targeting a Palisade and it'll suddenly change names into "Voth Frigate" and I lose target lock. Or the other way around. It's maddeningly annoying.

And the Voth did seem a lot stronger the couple of times I did Breach yesterday. I far prefer Spire, since it's simple defense on both sides, and then shoot at the squishies a couple times on one side and shoot at the bigbad on the other.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another issue I'm having is that occasionally I'll be targeting a Palisade and it'll suddenly change names into "Voth Frigate" and I lose target lock. Or the other way around. It's maddeningly annoying.

And the Voth did seem a lot stronger the couple of times I did Breach yesterday. I far prefer Spire, since it's simple defense on both sides, and then shoot at the squishies a couple times on one side and shoot at the bigbad on the other.
    Sounds like the frigate used a Photonic decoy on you. They're annoying but no threat.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sounds like the frigate used a Photonic decoy on you. They're annoying but no threat.

Then why does its name change? If it's a "Voth Palisade Frigate" using a decoy, why is the decoy named "Voth Frigate"? If its name didn't change, and if they didn't do this as frequently, it wouldn't be as annoying. Although I suppose Warp Shadows works the same way, different named decoys and all.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So many bad trolls. No WONDER Cryptic is so out of touch, if they're listening to these forums instead of actually playtesting it themselves.

Rodentmaster, you are the same guy who posts about Hive Onslaught being unbeatable, Crystaline Entity... seriously man... its like the boy who cried wolf. Everyother day your b****ing about some uber buff some enemy has gotten.... and on every post, people don't seem to have the same problem as you do...

I don't think tis the game... I think at some point, you'll have to realize... its you.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Then why does its name change? If it's a "Voth Palisade Frigate" using a decoy, why is the decoy named "Voth Frigate"? If its name didn't change, and if they didn't do this as frequently, it wouldn't be as annoying. Although I suppose Warp Shadows works the same way, different named decoys and all.
    Well, it might be to give players a tiny brief window to avoid firing on the decoy and causing it to explode.... but I'm usually mashing space bar to fast for it to matter.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All I can say is PvE'rs whine worse than the PvP'ers IF they get beat !!!
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Node attack guide:

Step one:
    ignore the bulwark.

Step two:
    glue your self to the hull of the ship, the guns are arrayed in a circle, that means if you approach from a low position only 2-3 will be able to shoot you, shoot those first, then circle around and kill the others.

Step Three:
    Keep ignoring the bulwark, it is schmuckbait and placed there to get it you into trouble by forcing you to pop numerous buffs which it then will strip with snb so that the turrets can all murder you.

The Turrets are the damage source here, not the bulwark, the bulwark is just pressure to keep you from nailing turrets.

Sensor scramble will be an asset. As is jam sensors, a bulwark that does not see you....

Become a better player, stop charging into enemy encounter groups like some sort of lemming.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sacrificing APB or CS for an extra science officer to make one part of one encounter worthwhile. My Ar'kif hasn't got the space for more science abilities without sacrificing a large amount of tactical viability.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Not in a carrier... :mad:

To clarify: I'm using advanced swarmers and a rather poorly geared Obelisk with the 2-piece set. However, each and every one of the Voth ships has at least one ability which can take out all 12 fighters within seconds.

Palisades: Photonic decoys with their countermeasures. Contrary to what I expected upon reading the dev blog, that stuff deals damage as well as disables your engines - and there is no ability I know of that can simultaneously heal 12 different ships.

Bastions: Tyken's Rift. Not even half as threatnening, usually fired at me. Still pretty dangerous, as it's mostly used before my swarmers can get to a safe distance from me by starting their attack runs. Also, aceton drones.

Bulwarks: These things, just like the Citadels, have more than 2 ways of shooting down all fighters nearly simultaneously. Gravity well, reflective immunity matrix (it's bound to take a few of them down, ESPECIALLY if they use beam overloads) and aceton mode.

Citadels: Replace aceton mode with aceton drones and double the effectiveness of the immunity matrix.

Oh, and did I mention they like FAW? That's also a problem, albeit slightly less significant than the others due to the fact that it doesn't instantly destroy all the fighters it affects.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    roxbadroxbad Member Posts: 695
    edited November 2013
    Wasn't the OP making the same QQ rage post about the Crystalline Entity a month ago, where they basically showed that they had not read any of the info the game, the wiki, or the forums provide as to how to play?
  • Options
    gardatgardat Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Voth ships haven't changed since day 1. If anything they're even easier to kill because I hold my alphas until I circle around their invulnerable shield facing.
    486 DX2/66Mhz, 4MB SD-RAM, 16KB L-1 cache, 120MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 2x CD-ROM, 8-Bit Soundblaster Pro, IBM Model M PS/2 keyboard, Microsoft trackball mouse, 256KB S3 graphics chip, 14" VGA CRT monitor, MS-DOS 6.22
  • Options
    mithrin71mithrin71 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have never had a problem with GW abd the like because i spec into All the resists that cancel out gw shield ripping ect. you can't go Glass Cannon and expect to survive i all way just fly thought GW and laugh at any who put it on me ^-^ as for the Pets going BOOM YES the Sci Voth ships are OP in use of powers. :eek:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    mithrin71 wrote: »
    I have never had a problem with GW abd the like because i spec into All the resists that cancel out gw shield ripping ect. you can't go Glass Cannon and expect to survive i all way just fly thought GW and laugh at any who put it on me ^-^ as for the Pets going BOOM YES the Sci Voth ships are OP in use of powers. :eek:

First of all, are you sure you're talking about the Voth NPCs?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    tareruntaliontareruntalion Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    guys stop complaining the voth are fine, yes they have tough shields and they take longer to kill, while playing storming the spire at elite difficulty i rarely heal my shields and when my shields are down i don't even care about them even if 3-4 ships are firing at me cause they do very small if any damage to my hull, you want a powerful enemy ? the borg with their torpedoes that can one hit ko someone and even then if you shoot the destructable ones you are fine. yes i am using a cruiser, the freebie star cruiser and it's tanky but why don't you use one too ?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    guys stop complaining the voth are fine, yes they have tough shields and they take longer to kill Not the problem., while playing storming the spire at elite difficulty i rarely heal my shields and when my shields are down i don't even care about them even if 3-4 ships are firing at me cause they do very small if any damage to my hull, Oh, their weapons do very little damage to me too. With the exception of the torpedoes the Fortress throws at me, of course. The problem are the grav wells the Bulwark and Citadel love throwing out, and those even kill my Obelisk! you want a powerful enemy ? the borg with their torpedoes that can one hit ko someone and even then if you shoot the destructable ones you are fine. For comparison, the Borg you're referring to are in STFs. Which, if I'm not mistaken, are still supposed to be the hardest content in the game. Regular Borg fall apart far more easily than the Voth with much less risk to the player. yes i am using a cruiser, the freebie star cruiser and it's tanky but why don't you use one too ? I can't speak for everyone, but here are my reasons:

1. Some of my characters don't HAVE cruisers, and I have no C-Store cruisers.
    2. Do you know how hard it's been to get some decent gear for a ship since S7 dumped the STF weapons? Without dumping tons of dilithium or trillions of EC, that is. Neither of which I have or will have in the foreseeable future.
    3. Completely different gameplay. Before you ask why I don't use the Obelisk instead of a cruiser, I will refer you to my previous post on either this page or the one before it.

Answers in red.