test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Protonic polaron bonuses question

borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
Do protonic polaron weapons benefit from both types of console bonuses (proton and polaron) or polaron only ?
Post edited by borg0vermind on

Comments

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Polaron only.

But the Auto-Targeting Consoles that comes with the new Reputation does boost the Protonic Damage (which is the Protonic Proc). So if you want both Proton and Polaron, you will have to buy a ATC that boosts Polaron Energy.
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Polaron only.

But the Auto-Targeting Consoles that comes with the new Reputation does boost the Protonic Damage (which is the Protonic Proc). So if you want both Proton and Polaron, you will have to buy a ATC that boosts Polaron Energy.

And will also give 2.5% bonus accuracy on top of it.

Protonic Polaron with the rep consoles has a very solid synergy. IIRC the numbers will even equal out to the fleet tactical consoles that are out. (trading critd or h for acc)
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well that's why I asked. I'll have to decide between polaron only consoles and the new ones dyson ones.
    If the Auto-T consoles do apply the bonus to protonic polaron it's worth testing.
    This could be quite nice in dual-torp configurations since the polaron weapon will get a good enough boost while the torps will get the big bonus.
  • Options
    saxmanusmcsaxmanusmc Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well that's why I asked. I'll have to decide between polaron only consoles and the new ones dyson ones.
    If the Auto-T consoles do apply the bonus to protonic polaron it's worth testing.
    This could be quite nice in dual-torp configurations since the polaron weapon will get a good enough boost while the torps will get the big bonus.

The +Proton damage on the new consoles does affect the amount of damage the proton proc causes.
    FA Janin Delwynn - Fed Tac Officer
    FA Dion - Romulan Engineer Officer
    FA Zophie Delwynn - Fed Science Officer