test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too many stores !!!

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
What as a player do you think off all the stores ?

We have :

Dilithium Store
Personal Store
GPL Store
Zen Store
Lobi Store

I would like to suggest to put it in one big store all together just for Dilithium or Marks and scratches all the other stores !!!
I remember a very big tread where everyone complaint about all the medal things and other stuff, then Devs promised to reduce it to three Stores. Dilithium, GPL, EC that would be it. Short after they joined with PWE we were getting all other stuff to.
Now we are back from where we were too MANY Stores !!!

If you agree post here please !!! :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If 5 stores is too many... how do you get by in real life..?
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    adamkafei wrote: »

I do all my shopping at Walmart :P
  • generaljestergeneraljester Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would like to see a filter on therep stores so i can hide all the stuff below Mk XII i dont want to look at
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This is not about real life and how I do my shopping this is about a game who made a promise and is ignoring their promise because they need money or something.

I feel there is in game to many stores and they easily could reduce it or make a trade center such as DS9 as it in the series was meant to be !!
    So you don't have to fly everywhere to get something !!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I agree with the OP, put the dil and rep stores in a single window.

The good lord gave us tabbed windows, we should use them
    edited November 2013
    Thank you,

Also get rid off all different Marks just Fleet marks, I think that way people would rant less about the grinding because they can choose their mission in which there funt off and pay with just marks and Dilithium ....

Just Saying
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Thank you,

Also get rid off all different Marks just Fleet marks, I think that way people would rant less about the grinding because they can choose their mission in which there funt off and pay with just marks and Dilithium ....

Just Saying

I like this idea...only problem i can see is perhaps people would abuse the "easier" PvE's and leave the longer, slightly more difficult ones to the wayside.

There's a few PvE missions that just dont get enough queue'd players.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2013
    it is like shopping at the Mall :P
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited November 2013
    Do not agree. Store items only use dilithium so those can be combined, but Marks are reputation chits that are used to claim special projects and need to stay linked to reputation systems.
  • reathyrreathyr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you,

Just Saying

This is actually a bad idea, the different marks push people to do different STF's that they might not normally do otherwise, if you make everything cost fleet marks, a single STF mark, or every STF Choice of all Marks people would only play the missions they either deem the most fun, or the ones that are guaranteed to give the most marks for the least amount of time spent, preferably a combination of both.
    You can see this for instance in the Borg ground STF's barely anyone plays them outside premade groups, most ground STF's don't even have timers, this is because, as everyone knows, STO's ground combat is not very good compared to it's space combat, so people will prefer to fly around in their ships and do Space STF's.

So ya, single Marks currency to pay for everything, or two (fleet and non fleet) is a bad idea, it will just empty out some STF's completely, because of Risk vs Reward vs Time.
  • tanthotantho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013

ROFL!!! Good one.
  • hanoverhanover Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    reathyr wrote: »
    ...would only play the missions they either deem the most fun...

Yeah, heaven forbid actual enjoyment be a factor here. Players should be manipulated into playing things they don't like so that everyone can feel their "content" has received equal attention, and some arbitrary standard for having "earned" your reward can be satisfied.

:rolleyes:
    Does Arc install a root kit? Ask a Dev today!
  • scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited November 2013

OOOOh yea^^

its ok

+ Fleet store
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013

ROFL!!! THIS! Exactly!

That and to the OP . . . you do realize that shopping in the stores is . . . ~gasp~ . . . wait for it . . . OPTIONAL! You get everything you need to max everything out in this game just by logging on and playing. If you WANT extra goodies to LOOK different, you shop around for them, but everything in the stores is purely cosmetic, with the equivalent and most equally powerful items all being available right in the game. Now YOUR response to me will be, "No, you buy stuff to be more powerful!", to which my reply will be blowing you completely away in PvP in a KDF raptor with default game gear on it. So now that question and answer is covered without extra posts.

You may thank me for my answer if you wish, but no thanks are necessary. I like to help others out with information. :)
    This is not about real life and how I do my shopping this is about a game who made a promise and is ignoring their promise because they need money or something.

I feel there is in game to many stores and they easily could reduce it or make a trade center such as DS9 as it in the series was meant to be !!
    So you don't have to fly everywhere to get something !!!!

You will kindly provide a direct link to the officially released promise, in writing by the company, that you are referring to. I just love it when people "quote" stuff like this but refuse to show their "source".

And you don't have to fly anywhere, since it is the game stores you are referring to. With the exception of the exchange, you just click a handy button on your UI to access the desired store you want to shop. Ah! But even the exchange is also handy ~clicks another button and calls in a freighter~
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's only 5 store...using different currencies. How is 5 too many?

Currencies themselves, however... :rolleyes:
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Remember when we were told that Dil was going to be implemented because there were "too many currencies in the game?" lol I sure do
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mrgrocer56 wrote: »
    Remember when we were told that Dil was going to be implemented because there were "too many currencies in the game?" lol I sure do
    I remember how many currencies there was before dil was added, and how utterly useless many of them were.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i never minded the "many" different stores and currencies...

what freaks me out is a trillion different versions of warp cores, shields, deflectors, guns!,

personally that is something that is more confusing to new players and veterans than "too" many stores.

on a sidenote: never liked the concept of dilithium as a currency anyway...why they didn't go with GPL is beyond me.
    Go pro or go home
    edited November 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    It's only 5 store...using different currencies. How is 5 too many?

Currencies themselves, however... :rolleyes:

The stores are all dilithium, no other currencies are involved.

The issue with rep-specific stores is you have to navigate to them everytime you use them. Why not just click the damn dil store button and see everything there?
  • mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I remember how many currencies there was before dil was added, and how utterly useless many of them were.

True enough, I admit. Just funny to me how we've come full circle. But yes, the multitude of marks are much more useful now
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited November 2013
    reathyr wrote: »
    This is actually a bad idea, the different marks push people to do different STF's that they might not normally do otherwise, if you make everything cost fleet marks, a single STF mark, or every STF Choice of all Marks people would only play the missions they either deem the most fun, or the ones that are guaranteed to give the most marks for the least amount of time spent, preferably a combination of both.
    You can see this for instance in the Borg ground STF's barely anyone plays them outside premade groups, most ground STF's don't even have timers, this is because, as everyone knows, STO's ground combat is not very good compared to it's space combat, so people will prefer to fly around in their ships and do Space STF's.

So ya, single Marks currency to pay for everything, or two (fleet and non fleet) is a bad idea, it will just empty out some STF's completely, because of Risk vs Reward vs Time.

Well i would love a single mark in the game for everything that requires marks

It would show cryptic just poor most of there content is and make them make it better

right now they think a lot if their content is good when in reality its gutter quality and the only reason anyone playes it is because the game blackmails them to play it in order to achieve a rep system goal
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Alot better now than it used to be.

Exploration marks. Pvp marks etc all rank based so you could rank up and then be 1 mark short for a piece of kit you wanted. Just to start over again
  • reathyrreathyr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jellico1 wrote: »

Well i would love a single mark in the game for everything that requires marks

It would show cryptic just poor most of there content is and make them make it better

right now they think a lot if their content is good when in reality its gutter quality and the only reason anyone playes it is because the game blackmails them to play it in order to achieve a rep system goal

In an ideal world you would be right, but this isn't ideal world, this isn't an ideal game, and we are not ideal players, as I said my post most players will go for the STF that gives them the most marks vs the least time spent.

Initially they might care about the gameplay of an STF, but at a certain point, having run all the STF's a few dozen times, it just becomes all about collecting the marks, and they will choose the STF's that will reward the most marks vs the least time spent, which might be the worst STF's there are, because they are poorly optimized.

Doing it like that to show Cryptic which content is poor, doesn't show that at all, what it does show is what is the easiest and best farmable content, which doesn't equate to best content, because players are willing to stomach bad gameplay for quick rewards.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you,

Just Saying

It's called "Reputation" for a reason... Marks are not currency they are a representation of experience in that particular skill set, i.e. omega for borg. You don't fight the borg to gain Romulan experience or vice versa. Marks are no more a currency than someone collecting Hypos and Batteries (even less so because you can't buy or sell them.) Bad idea... just do the content that goes with the rep you want. the game has three currencies... EC, GPL, DIL.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hanover2 wrote: »
    Yeah, heaven forbid actual enjoyment be a factor here. Players should be manipulated into playing things they don't like so that everyone can feel their "content" has received equal attention, and some arbitrary standard for having "earned" your reward can be satisfied.

:rolleyes:

That's like saying I can get kudos in Super Mario Bros by playing Castlevania. Play the content that goes with a particular rep if you want to earn that rep. Why should I gain Nukara expertise* for fighting the borg?

*Marks are representations of expertise gained in fighting a particular enemy.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Remember the days with the Gazillions emblems and marks and Cryptic went ahead and sort of consolidated it to make it simple.

Seems they have forgotten their lessons and reintroduced them in different forms with a Grind and pocket book attachment to them.

The Currency system is way too diluted, with plans to introduce more dilution.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Well if someone can tell me which episode it was on stoked ?
    Anyway I believe if we say for all STF's or whatever you call it, I call it STF's.

Set on all STF Elite about 90 Marks

Set on all STF Normal about 60 Marks

Now you can play whatever you like and fill out your grinding the way you want and not PWE or Cryptic.
    Then you have Part Marks part Dilithium if they do that everyone can be satisfied !!
    Then we make progress in the game atleast thats my believe and I hope I will have support for my believe.

Well if we do this then we have it like this :

Dilithium, Marks, GPL, EC

Don't you think this would be better in the game then all we have now ?
    And I think it would be nice to raise the Dilithium Cap from 8000 to let's say 16000 ?

Thats my thought ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2013
    Also my idea was a thought different use to open lockboxes but also a save option to your account would be nice so you can store it or something.
    Because you can't store it on your bank or account bank so let it happen .... I would say
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What as a player do you think off all the stores ?

We have :

Dilithium Store
    Personal Store
    GPL Store
    Zen Store
    Lobi Store

I would like to suggest to put it in one big store all together just for Dilithium or Marks and scratches all the other stores !!!
    I remember a very big tread where everyone complaint about all the medal things and other stuff, then Devs promised to reduce it to three Stores. Dilithium, GPL, EC that would be it. Short after they joined with PWE we were getting all other stuff to.
    Now we are back from where we were too MANY Stores !!!

If you agree post here please !!! :(
    I think that is the important part. We were told currencies were being streamlined. Then we watched them double and double again.

The new reputation system is based on creating at least one new currency for each faction.
    edited November 2013
    I think that is the important part. We were told currencies were being streamlined. Then we watched them double and double again.

The new reputation system is based on creating at least one new currency for each faction.

So later we have 50 new worlds 6 Factions then we have about 56 new Reputation rewards ??

Then we are back where we were when we complained about those medals ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]