test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So what's the Deal with Stealth Bombers?

erraberrab Member Posts: 1,430 Arc User
Greetings All,

I decided to turn my newest Level 50 KDF Science alt into a Stealth Bomber pilot that use the B'rel retro.

I've mostly been running PVE with it but I've been doing ok.

I've been getting mixed singles from players about which types of Torpedo's I should be using in the build.

Some tell me to get a variety of Torps while others suggest getting one type of torp and consoles that boost only that type.

Is there an ideal Torpedo load out for Bombers?

Thanks for your Time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by errab on

Comments

• Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well...

Photons are the fastest loading overall and have great DPS as such. They are also the 'canon' torp of Chang's BoP

Quantums are arguably the hardest hitting in general.

Plasmas can stack plasma fires on stuff.

Chronitons can be good if you focus on other sci fun stuff, but don't do a lot of damage.

Tricobalts aren't as good as they once were.

Transphasics are great if you want to mostly ignore shields, and the Breen Cluster Torp is a great bit of spike damage. A bit weak if they do use their bleed bonus, but still good.

There's a quick look at all of em. Everything except transphasics has low bleedthrough, so just keep that in mind when fighting any enemy with shields.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    foxxblitzfoxxblitz Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd recommend using slower firing torpedoes such as quantums, Hargh'peng's and plasmas. That way you can buff up the damage and hit hard without having to be exposed as often.

I tried the torpedo-boat B'Rel build but I wasn't very impressed by it. It was fun but not effective. Though that was a while ago, I could probably build a better one.
  • Options
    erraberrab Member Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks,

I think I'll stick with all Photons so I can use the new Photon Torp from the Spire Rep.

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Np, you can get a gigantic amount of crit chance for Photon weapons by using the full set.

Also, remember that Torpedo Spread NEVER misses, so CrtH or CrtD on your torpedoes is your best bet.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've got a Wells class that specializes in exotic damage only. I've been toying with the idea of using all harpengs since I'm not buffing any tac abilities at all.

My damage is done mostly thru gravity well 3, eject warp plasma, theta radiation, isometric charge and that new lock box console. Currently I use fleet plasma torps with the Romulan hyper, omega and Breen transphasic

Thoughts?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    ankokunekoankokuneko Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    if you have 3 purple projectile doffs then everything except tricobalts hit global cd on firing (1 second), so quantum would do more damage if you are not using spire set. And for pvp transphasics are the torp of choice (mainly because of breen cluster torp)
    jFriX.png
  • Options
    squitosquito Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd suggest chroniton or plasma.
    Pros:
    Photon is a fast loader which makes it possible to do 2 shots in one ambush.
    Quantum is good for a fast cloak-recloak hit, because it hits big.
    Chroniton is good to make the enemy an easier target for other teammates. If multiple chroniton effects stack it makes an enemy move like a slow slideshow.
    Plasma is good because of its shield ignoring DoT and the heavy torp's damage.
    Cons:
    Photon and quantum does not have a secondary effect.
    Chroniton's DPS and damage/shot is quite weak compared to photon and quantum torps.
    Heavy plasma torp can be shot down and can hit you when you are close enough to the explosion.