What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About the feeling of fun and accomplishment

2»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    caldannach wrote: »
    And before anyone says it again, i know they cant make infinite content. However content that takes longer than 2 hours before i become bored would be appreciated. Hence why it needs challenge.
    "Infinite content" was the point behind sector cluster exploration missions. the game generates them at random from a list of redone mission scripts and maps. A few of them are actually kinda cool, most are boring.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • haldan1968haldan1968 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Try, no try, there is only do!

By that what I really mean as long as I am having fun, I will keep playing. I got real life stuff for when I want to feel a true sense of accomplishment.
  • relatavisticbombrelatavisticbomb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    caldannach wrote: »
    Why do people have to be aggressive/condescending in their replies? "Complain all you like"

Actually that was said with a metaphoric shrug, but tone doesn't cary through text so it is understandable if you didn't get that.

I have a lot of love for this game sir. What you mention here - doffing, reps, bases is not content. It is sidelines. Reps = grinding 2 or 3 STF's for tokens? DOFFING????? ARE YOU SERIOUS? Bases = resource gathering.

Sure, it's not "content" in the way that word has come to be used. Which is why I called it "stuff". More to the point, these ARE real things, and there are other games that consist of these things and nothing else. They are not invalid as game modes, and while you may not enjoy them yourself, it's not correct to claim that they are nothing.
    Content would be something that dying in has consequences.

This again is clearly a design decision; much the same one that many, many games have made. Instant respawn means you are never in the position of telling players that they cannot play, which not unreasonably, is something deisgners try to avoid.

Now I will agree that I happen to like games with larger risks and consequences. But that is an aesthetic preference, and STO has made a design decision with a credible basis, and so it really should not be presented as if they are being abusive toward the players.
    Yet, for all this gear and refining of my character, skills, traits and boffs, what do i have to reward my dedication and challenge me? The Spire elite that i can almost solo? Its just not enough. They need to shake up PVE and put some CHALLENGE into it.

If it's REALLY challenge that motivates you, there is an obvious solution: delete your super-vet char and level up again.