test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Kind of Music do you listen to when playing STO ?

taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
Greetings from Vulcan,
\\//_ LL&P

What kind of music do you listen to while plaing STO ?
Any favorite tracks ?
Do you listen to the STO Soundrack (Main theme is quite good for STO) ?

I like listening to "First Contact - Main Theme"
Get's me right into it...

I also cycle through all the main themes from the television shows (except the odd Enterprise Theme - a bit too Rod Stewart for my tastes)

And I also really enjoy listening to "The Inner Light" from TNG Episode "Inner Light" Symphony edition.

So, what about you guys ?... What get's you amped up to play STO ?
[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
Post edited by taylor1701d on

Comments

• haldan1968haldan1968 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Mostly my own music created and written by me. I have a few pulse pounding pieces that get me fired up to tear through some space battles and stuff. Nothing I am comfortable sharing quite just yet, but perhaps after I?ve refined them a little I?ll set them up for free downloads.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lately its been a lot of either Daft Punk (particularly the soundtrack from Tron Legacy), or the soundtrack from the Guilty Gear games.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Actually, I usually have movies and tv shows playing in the background; "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", "Destination Truth", "Mission: Impossible" (The series, not the movies)...

Right now, since I can't play the game for the last two weeks, I'm listening to the cabin fever song from Muppet Treasure Island...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    haldan1968 wrote: »
    Mostly my own music created and written by me. I have a few pulse pounding pieces that get me fired up to tear through some space battles and stuff. Nothing I am comfortable sharing quite just yet, but perhaps after I?ve refined them a little I?ll set them up for free downloads.

Cool, I make some of my own music as well. Been using Cubase, and my midi keyboard/Guitar...Havent thought of creating a playlist for STO ...hmmmmm

And yes if youre comfortable sharing, do it up H'
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Lately its been a lot of either Daft Punk (particularly the soundtrack from Tron Legacy), or the soundtrack from the Guilty Gear games.

Yup, The Tron Soundtrack would fit nicely with STO.
    My friend bought it for me a few years back. Really nice tracks on that disc for video gaming :)
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Here's another I like

Halo 2 - Main Theme
    mmmmmmmmmm
    Cant get enough of that piano midway thru...I used to leave the main screen up, and do my house work :D

Miss the Halo 2 days :)
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When I play nowadays I generally listen to radio stations like BBC Radio 2, my kind of music ranging from the 70's to today.

Used to listen to Doctor Who Official soundtracks
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Enya mostly...

I find it suits the awesomeness of the Sphere (Much more so than the bleedin' Nukara theme anyway :confused:)
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • oldschooldorkoldschooldork Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I usually listen to the heavier stuff...Slayer, Motorhead, Megadeth, Venom, Pantera, Sepultura, stuff like that. When I'm in the mood for something mellow I usually put on Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple. Great tunes for pew-pewing, in my opinion anyway.
    AGpDi8m.gif
    I don't care what the header says, I am not now, nor have I ever been, nor will I ever be, an "ARC user".
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Only whats appropriate and athmospheric immersive fitting as a good member of the Federation (in STO).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys
    occasionally this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIGHCoVzqtk

Otherwise just the ingame Soundtrack.

:P
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I discovered that The Most Relaxing Classical Album In The World.... Ever! make a perfect STO soundtrack the other day, it somehow just seems right.

Ade
  • rheatitanrheatitan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sometimes star trek soundtracks but mostly Mass Effect 2 & 3 soundtracks
  • saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When in the New Areas I usually listen to the New Native Soundtrack as it is really exquisite...

When in the Old Areas or Generic Ones I usually fire up either some Space/Future Ambient or the X Soundtrack :)
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
    edited November 2013
    rheatitan wrote: »
    sometimes star trek soundtracks but mostly Mass Effect 2 & 3 soundtracks

Don't Forget Mass Effect 1
    Had several excellent themes.

ILOS THEME - Going thru the bunker to the ancient computer :D
    Great scene, and the music is so perfect. put a lump in my throat, and sent shivers down my spine.
    Would love to have all the Mass Effect Soundtracks.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I go with my Massive Attack channel on Pandora.
  • sharky445sharky445 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I listen to star trek radio when playing
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I discovered that I had become an old man when I realised that all but a very few select bands that released music after 1996 were $h!t.

Therefore, as you may well have guessed, I listen to most things pre-1996.

(What's that sonny? Well, let me tell YOU about things when I was a mere slip of a lad...)
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, I have some eclectic tastes, so I made an iTunes playlist for playing STO. I'll break it down to genres and give some examples. :D

Rock: Journey, Def Leppard, Fleetwood Mac, Kiss, Led Zeppelin, Queen.

Metal: Rammstien, Dio, Metallica, Dragonforce, Judas Priest, Dethklok.

Dance: Ice MC, DJ Bobo, 2 Unlimited, N-Trance, Technotronic.

Hip-Hop: Run DMC, Afrika Bambaattaa, Sir Mix-a-Lot.

New Wave: New Order, Thomas Dolby, Wall of Voodoo, Adam Ant.

Classical: Richard Strauss, Edvard Grieg.

Movie Soundtracks: Wrath of Kahn, First Contact, Starship Troopers, The Black Hole, Tron: Legacy.

Anime: Gatchaman, Robotech, Project A-ko, Gundam 0083, Power Rangers Theme, Buckethead's "Viva Voltron."

Game: Halo, Final Fantasy, Transformers: War for Cybertron.

I also have to throw in Morris Day & the Time somewhere.:D
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I mostly listen to good instrumental music like Hans Zimmer is a fav. Sound tracks from the following movies:

Patton
    Pacific Rim
    LoTR
    Transformers
    King Arthur
    Crimson Tide

and a few others.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I listen to Death Metal and Black Metal while playing STO.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • kublakhan81kublakhan81 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Led Zeppelin
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I play starship troopers when i do the Ground for the Dyson lately
    GwaoHAD.png
  • zordar01zordar01 Member Posts: 318
    edited November 2013
    BBC Radio 1's Essential Mix. I record the streams if they're worth it. At two hours each, they're some of the best house/trance on the planet.
    Star Trek: Online - Now with 100% more dinosaurs!!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    I listen to a few things.

-Various Command and Conquer soundtracks
    -RWBY soundtrack (I Burn is oddly fitting for my Science Caitian... probably because I use the Physicist kit and BURN things! :rolleyes: Yea... Blaze the Cat is a bit of a Pyro... just wait until she gets her paws on the Plasma Flamer.)
    -Halo Wars soundtrack
    -Battleship soundtrack (The tracks Art of War, Super Battle, and Battle on Land and Sea work pretty well for space battles)
    -Battle: Los Angeles soundtrack
    -Star Trek (2009) soundtrack
    -Star Trek Into Darkness soundtrack
    -Star Trek (Game) soundtrack
    -Legend of Zelda music for when I'm running around New Romulus...

Yea... I be weird at times. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sentinelprime4hsentinelprime4h Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I prefer the soundtrack from the PS1 game "Colony Wars". It's an amazing soundtrack, especially the songs "Opus Beta", "Feeling the Heat of Sol", and "Diomedes", for which one of my ships is named.

SP4H
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Anything "psychedelic" when the "Acid Trip"game glitch occasionally flares up.
  • ari3sholeari3shole Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am listening Irish music XD
    edited November 2013
    Last night I inserted - "Medal of Honor - Main Theme" by Michael Giacchino
    Into my playlist, along with Saving Private Ryan Soundtrack. and BRAVEHEART Soundtrack

Wicked

\\//_
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    don't listen to music tracks these days, after listening to a set of music tracks over a few times it becomes noise in the background. i tend to keep any music off. the closest i have come to music is listening to enemy ships go pop.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.