test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nongoth wrote: »
    I got back in

Swapped my radeon graphics card for a nvidea card out of my old pc.

when I started up launcher to try, same old authentication question then click engage.

I had a error window pop up about having an old graphics card with the option to adjust my graphic settings or run default settings, chose default and it worked:D.

Anyone with a spare graphics card should try it.

Unfortunately, that still leaves those of us with laptops - and thus integrated video cards - on the beach with pail and bucket.

Back in October, I actually went down to the local computer shop - great guys, been using them for my computer repairs and such for almost fifteen years or so, actually bought my first computer there, custom job - and got informed that the parts and labor cost to change video cards on a laptop... it's more advantageous just to buy a new one.

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I price checked Best Buy a while back on a new laptop, maybe I should just go see what it would cost to have my local guys build me one...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Unfortunately, that still leaves those of us with laptops - and thus integrated video cards - on the beach with pail and bucket.

Back in October, I actually went down to the local computer shop - great guys, been using them for my computer repairs and such for almost fifteen years or so, actually bought my first computer there, custom job - and got informed that the parts and labor cost to change video cards on a laptop... it's more advantageous just to buy a new one.

You know, now that I'm thinking about it, I price checked Best Buy a while back on a new laptop, maybe I should just go see what it would cost to have my local guys build me one...

its no guarantee that it will work, some of the guys locked out have duel graphics cards and others 1 gb and above. some with our issue got in by downgrading to an old card they had lying around. its all about comparability (unfortunately)
    nerf.jpg]
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Boy... It is almost 6:45 in the morning here and I still haven't slept.

I think I am at this stage where I say that Fishstic should better think about some great offers towards their fanbase as soon as this ridiculous nightmare is over.

Never saw a company like this before that refuses so badly to interact with its customers.
    edited November 2013
    Boy... It is almost 6:45 in the morning here and I still haven't slept.

I think I am at this stage where I say that Fishstic should better think about some great offers towards their fanbase as soon as this ridiculous nightmare is over.

Never saw a company like this before that refuses so badly to interact with its customers.

iv not long woke up!
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    i never knew there were so many late nighters around
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Nicht mit Absicht

Kent schpiek inglish eny mohr
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    iv not long woke up!
    Nicht mit Absicht

Kent schpiek inglish eny mohr

waarom kan je geen Engels spreken niet meer?

kan ik niet goed slapen, dat betekent dat ik ben meestal voordat de zon
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    ja ik ben engels, kan ik niet goed slapen, dat betekent dat ik ben meestal voordat de zon

Funny, i understood almost everything. A lot of the vocabulary in the netherlands and Co has german charcteristics.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dang it! Speak Klingon people!

Anyways, up late myself watching vids before I zonk for work tomorrow.

REason we have not heard anything since Friday is probably because nothing new is known yet. Hopefully we get something tomorrow while I am out and a patch rolled out in Tribble for testing with a quick patch Tuesday for the rest of the 18897741 club.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
    edited November 2013
    It seems that Captin's ancestors were Vikings, thats as good as Klingons if not better.
    edited November 2013
    Funny, i understood almost everything. A lot of the vocabulary in the netherlands and Co has german charcteristics.

i havnt done dutch since school so its probably me
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    It seems that Captin's ancestors were Vikings, thats as good as Klingons if not better.

iv always thought that the klingons should meet norse people. that would be so fun
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    i havnt done dutch since school so its probably me

Dutch in school? Your British through and through?
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Dang it! Speak Klingon people!

Anyways, up late myself watching vids before I zonk for work tomorrow.

REason we have not heard anything since Friday is probably because nothing new is known yet. Hopefully we get something tomorrow while I am out and a patch rolled out in Tribble for testing with a quick patch Tuesday for the rest of the 18897741 club.

'e' yIjatlhqa'
    nerf.jpg]
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    'e' yIjatlhqa'

Thank you.

@Cryptic> See what you have done...we are going insane from boredom! @_@
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
    edited November 2013
    Dutch in school? Your British through and through?

sort of, I'm multi-cultural, i can speak alittle Japanese too. but my bloodline is alascan and geordie
    (which means i have norse blood)
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    iv always thought that the klingons should meet norse people. that would be so fun

Funny that; people always want to talk about "Klingons are like Samurai or Knights" because of the whole 'honor code', I've always seen them as closer to Vikings or Native American warriors.

Cloaking devices, for example. "Cloaking Devices aren't Klingon! There's no honor in sneaking around and not battling your enemy face-to-face!" some people claim... Personally, however, I seem to recall that there were some Native American tribes where the greatest honor a warrior could gain would be by proving that they could enter an enemy tribe's camp or villiage, take something of value (chief's daughter, for instance) and make their escape - all without being seen and caught.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Thank you.

@Cryptic> See what you have done...we are going insane from boredom! @_@

'IwlIj jachjaj

(let your blood scream)
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Funny that; people always want to talk about "Klingons are like Samurai or Knights" because of the whole 'honor code', I've always seen them as closer to Vikings or Native American warriors.

Cloaking devices, for example. "Cloaking Devices aren't Klingon! There's no honor in sneaking around and not battling your enemy face-to-face!" some people claim... Personally, however, I seem to recall that there were some Native American tribes where the greatest honor a warrior could gain would be by proving that they could enter an enemy tribe's camp or villiage, take something of value (chief's daughter, for instance) and make their escape - all without being seen and caught.

norce people would also use stealth, they would wait for fog, or create smoke.
    and norse had a deep sense of honour, they would tell storys by song like Beowulf, they also had similar spiritual beliefs like Valhalla, and the barge of dammed soals

as for Klingons, its a predatory thing. being able to sneak up to your pray
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    not yap wa' Hol!
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    You should try a PowerNap Captin :P
    edited November 2013
    :) that was Klingon for "one language is never enough"
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    You should try a PowerNap Captin :P

ZZZzzzZZZzz DONE! now, where is the nearest village so i can pillage it!
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013

Ahmmmm ...aren't there some cute little villages near the British Shores? I think I saw some on Little Brittain
    edited November 2013
    Ahmmmm ...aren't there some cute little villages near the British Shores? I think I saw some on Little Brittain

beleve it or not the romans and the norse (vikings) were scared stiff of some of those villages.

the isle of thanet (i used to live there) the romans called it the isle of death

(thano'tos latin for death)

they were afraid because rowboats would row themselves from the mainland to thanet, and back again

and both believed it was the souls of the dead rowing across to hadies/norse hell.

the romans apparently were also scared because it was the one place they couldn't find snakes, so they thought some powerful beast was eating them all
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    beleve it or not the romans and the norse (vikings) were scared stiff of some of those villages.

the isle of thanet (i used to live there) the romans called it the isle of death

(thano'tos latin for death)

they were afraid because rowboats would row themselves from the mainland to thanet, and back again

and both believed it was the souls of the dead rowing across to hadies/norse hell.

the romans apparently were also scared because it was the one place they couldn't find snakes, so they thought some powerful beast was eating them all

I knew that the Romans did have such No-Go places but didn't know it from the Norse.
    To my shame, I actually never cared about Norse mythology :(
    edited November 2013
    I knew that the Romans did have such No-Go places but didn't know it from the Norse.
    To my shame, I actually never cared about Norse mythology :(

you probably know more than you think

for example if you have watched thor you probly know of asguard. also the film beowolf.

alot of the stuff you think is greek is probably norse.

the norse may have been afraid of an place, but that didnt mean that some brave man of legend hasnt been/wont go there
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013

Always remember; It's pillage first, THEN plunder!

(as an aside; the special interiors from the DS9 and TOS bundles, are they bound to work only with the Original Series and Belfast bridges or can you use them with other bridges?)
    edited November 2013
    Always remember; It's pillage first, THEN plunder!

(as an aside; the special interiors from the DS9 and TOS bundles, are they bound to work only with the Original Series and Belfast bridges or can you use them with other bridges?)

who can fathom the mind of the cryptics
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    ...So is that a 'Yes, the bridges and interiors have to be used together"?

Anyway, broke down and tried again to get into the game on my personal laptop, still 18897741...
    You know what? Come Halloween o' Fourteen, forget "Hearts and Minds", forget 'Bonnie-kin'... All anyone'll have to do is just mention that blasted number and we'll be terrified by the reminder of these long, dark days...
This discussion has been closed.