• Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo.

YOU HAVE KILLED THE FORUMS!

WHICH WILL KILL STO!!!!!

:(:(:(

LOL only kidding :)
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited November 2013
    I'm not against 'em. I'm all forum.
  • Options
    quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Regular doom or screaming temporal doom?
    w8xekp.jpg
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    quintaris wrote: »
    Regular doom or screaming temporal doom?

Depends on whether or not Voporak shows up. :D
  • Options
    brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited November 2013
    did you try logging out and back in?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Q: Why are you trying to throw that fallen tree at that window?
    A: This is how I log into windows.
    Q: What do you use for a password?
    A: SMASH!
    Q: What if there's a BSD?
    A: Drat. You mean this window isn't version 7?
    Q: Nope. It's version 95, released in the year M ... but at least it isn't the millenium edition.
    A: Thank God for small mercies.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yer very, Very late to the party...

But what the hell... Break out the champagne!!

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *smashes champagne bottle against the prow of the thread*

"I dub thee ... the Redundant Doom Thread!"
    "Um. Id Software would like to speak with you."
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Depends on whether or not Voporak shows up. :D

Did someone say my name? :rolleyes:

Screaming temporal doooom!
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Did ANYBODY click on his link to see what this fresh load of DOOM is all about?

I did, and I for one am scared this might really be the end. (for this thread.)

Oh, well, might as well make it fun while it lasts.

Let's get this DOOM party started
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Is doom palpable? Tangible? Or is it one with the winds of yesteryear? Philosophically speaking, it could be another tragic casualty of a lack of depressing unwillingness to avoid the future. Even a cup of hemlock couldn't change the outcome. Doom is the voice of conformism telling us that if we don't fit in, if we don't look, sound, think, and speak like everyone around us, we're doomed. Doom is the essence of insubstantial failure. I can envision it being something that will lurk, like a burglar wearing wooden shoes, hiding under your bed, having arguments with the monster there, and then there's your closet of insecurities. That's a subject for another discussion.

Milo...

No, no, Binkley. We can't look behind us anymore. It puts a crick in our necks. We must look forward. Even if we trip and fall and injure ourselves as we do so.

Wouldn't it make more sense if we opened our eyes first? Then we at least wouldn't stumble over Opus when he falls asleep at the top of the stairs.

It isn't my fault. I had a late night snack and fell asleep before I got back to bed.

And the female penguin in the freezer?

Just a friend. I met her at the bar. She'll be gone in the morning. Migrating to Antarctica.

With a layover in Iowa?

She got lost. It could happen to anyone. I got lost once.

On the way from your bedroom to the bathroom.

See? Like I said. It could happen to anyone. She's really quite nice. Even Ms. Harlow didn't mind her too much.

She opened the freezer, stared, and screamed.

Am I doomed, then?

At least for the time being.

(with apologies to Berke Breathed's "Bloom County")
  • Options
    brewtolomusbrewtolomus Member Posts: 277
    edited November 2013
    Is doom palpable? Tangible? Or is it one with the winds of yesteryear? Philosophically speaking, it could be another tragic casualty of a lack of depressing unwillingness to avoid the future. Even a cup of hemlock couldn't change the outcome. Doom is the voice of conformism telling us that if we don't fit in, if we don't look, sound, think, and speak like everyone around us, we're doomed. Doom is the essence of insubstantial failure. I can envision it being something that will lurk, like a burglar wearing wooden shoes, hiding under your bed, having arguments with the monster there, and then there's your closet of insecurities. That's a subject for another discussion.

Milo...

No, no, Binkley. We can't look behind us anymore. It puts a crick in our necks. We must look forward. Even if we trip and fall and injure ourselves as we do so.

Wouldn't it make more sense if we opened our eyes first? Then we at least wouldn't stumble over Opus when he falls asleep at the top of the stairs.

It isn't my fault. I had a late night snack and fell asleep before I got back to bed.

Just a friend. I met her at the bar. She'll be gone in the morning. Migrating to Antarctica.

With a layover in Iowa?

See? Like I said. It could happen to anyone. She's really quite nice. Even Ms. Harlow didn't mind her too much.

Am I doomed, then?

That was awesome. I tried to link the "slow clap" gif. But...yeah...it didn't work.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Milo...

With a layover in Iowa?

Am I doomed, then?

It's nice to see a few people remember that. :D
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Glad you liked it. I miss "Bloom County" of the early 1980s. When it was still rebellious and didn't seem to have any interest in being popular. Before "political correctness" reared its ugly head. If a reader took "Bloom County" seriously, they entirely missed the point of it. I'll try to think of another pseudo-Bloom-County bit to write about. The burglar part is from an ad (one of the better ones) at YouTube. Being a nonconformist, it's easy to write about the dangers of being overly conforming. Maybe I missed my calling and should've been a comic strip writer (and have someone else do the drawing; I'm a lousy artist).

Remember that night, Binkley? When Mrs. Grundy came out in lingerie and bedroom slippers.

No. When was that, Milo?

She was so beautiful. Such sharp, smiling teeth. Such acidic drool burning into the carpet. The smoke rising.

You make her sound like a corrosive vampire.

And the smile when she watched "The Shining" for the hundredth time. Such unalloyed pleasure.

I'm not listening to this, Milo. You can't tell me she's a Kubrick fan.

But she is, Binkley. When David Bowman turned into an old man in the hotel room in "2001", she went up to the TV screen, and screamed, "It's Maude, it's Maude!"

I imagine that Bea Arthur wasn't too pleased.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Glad you liked it. I miss "Bloom County" of the early 1980s. When it was still rebellious and didn't seem to have any interest in being popular. Before "political correctness" reared its ugly head.

To this day, "Hairy Fishnuts" still leaves me in stitches. :D