test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Plasma Infused Consoles

kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
I wanted to know if this is working properly or not. I have these Romulan Plasma Turrets on my ship, and 3 Plasma Infused consoles on it. I thought that each individual console would add an additional plasma proc to my romulan plasma weapons, giving each 4 plasma procs in total. But it doesn't seem to be working that way. Except they are adding procs to my Quantum Field Focus Phaser - what's up with that?

Is this working as intended? I would like the Romulan Plasma Infused consoles to add something to the romulan weapons, whether it be additional procs, or more plasma burn damage, or something, you know?

The tooltip of my Romulan Plasma Turret:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8098/8575887083_7ec377ab03_b.jpg

The tooltip of my Quantum Field Focus Phaser:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8369/8575887669_d407455ef6_b.jpg

Note that the plasma procs on the turrets have a whole 3 more DPS than the Quantum Field Focus. That's because the turrets have a [dmg] modifier on them, not because of any additional damage from the plasma infused consoles. I think.
Post edited by kamiyama317 on

Comments

• doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Romuloid Plasma Consoles only add Plaz Procs to non-plaz weapons. When used with Plaz weapons, they function as a boost to damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The plasma infused science consoles add the plasma proc to energy weapons that don't have it already, and boost all plasma damage.

The consoles do boost the damage from the proc. However, this will not cause the weapons to have different proc damage, since the boost is applied to the procs on both weapons.

The extra damage on the turret proc is likely caused by [Dmg]. The proc damage is also affected by the weapons mark and rarity, but it looks like those are both purple mk12's.

The multiple copies of the proc on the phaser is a bug. It happens with every non-plasma energy weapon if you have multiple consoles. I don't know if the copies actually do anything.
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I think the plasma consoles should add an extra plasma proc to romulan plasma weapons and not to regular plasma weapons.

You know.. an added little benefit for using romulan stuff.

Aside from that, OP, the description clearly states 'adds plasma proc to NON-plasma weapons' . So currently it will not add plasma proc to a plasma weapon. It does add the damage bonus to plasma listed above it.
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thank you, everyone. I think I will try out some polarized disruptor weapons, with the added plasma procs those might work nice.
  • saegiosaegio Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Now, the question is if the plasma Dot is affected by particle generators or not?
    I know that the general plasma burn which comes from weapons is not affected buy exotic dmg skill BUT since we are talking about since consoles, how does that work out here?
    [SIGPIC]2e0slyf.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thank you, everyone. I think I will try out some polarized disruptor weapons, with the added plasma procs those might work nice.

Just to let you know even if you have multiple consoles there will still only be one plasma proc.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power