test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry reward change?

sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
Foundry spotlights were paying out 2400 dil any old time before season 8 and paid out 2800 if done during bonus hour. I just did mars utopia repair during bonus hour on two alts and the payout was only 2160. Did they nerf foundry without telling us?
Post edited by sonnikku on

Comments

• pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    The Dilithium reward depends on how long the mission is. If I recall correctly, that mission is a bit shorter than some of our other spotlights.

EDIT: Found these old patch notes that speak to the spotlight rewards: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=550321

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wasn't there a recent change that social maps no longer count toward foundry mission times? Could be related to that maybe.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Lower payouts for shorter missions makes sense, except this very foundry mission paid out 2800 dil during bonus hour just a couple weeks ago. The changes linked would seem to suggest mars repair has had this lower rate for the better part of a year.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The payout is calculated this way

1440 Dilithium for the daily spotlight

plus

480-1440 Dilithium for the regular foundry payout.

I'm also pretty sure there is no dilithium bonus for doing Foundry missions during the Officer Reports event so when you got your 2880 reward it was the max possible. Now people have been completing it faster (most likely so they can get the reward as quickly as possible) so the average time has dropped. The social map changes probably affect it as well.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zorbane wrote: »
    I'm also pretty sure there is no dilithium bonus for doing Foundry missions during the Officer Reports event so when you got your 2880 reward it was the max possible. Now people have been completing it faster (most likely so they can get the reward as quickly as possible) so the average time has dropped. The social map changes probably affect it as well.

Incorrect. There has been a (50%) bonus during Officer Reports to any mission since the latest version of foundry rewards went live. It says it right in the description.

There was a big reduction in foundry rewards for all missions (including Spotlights) a couple patches before Season 8 launched, by approx 35%. i.e. a mission I used to run that awarded ~850 now awards 550ish. This happened to all missions, immediately after the patch of, I think it was late September.
    Incorrect. There has been a (50%) bonus during Officer Reports to any mission since the latest version of foundry rewards went live. It says it right in the description.

There was a big reduction in foundry rewards for all missions (including Spotlights) a couple patches before Season 8 launched, by approx 35%. i.e. a mission I used to run that awarded ~850 now awards 550ish. This happened to all missions, immediately after the patch of, I think it was late September.

^^ He's right. Somewhere around september/october the first nerf hit the foundry where even longer foundry spotlight missions gave 2400 (max) instead of the 2880 before (fyi; no social zones).

Now with most spotlight missions back up, instead of rewarding 2400 I only got around 1920.

Bran; we would like to see more people play Foundry missions, not less.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure this is an institutionalized nerf.

More likely, here's what happened:

People played the mission. As they played it more, they read less and got faster at it. People playing faster lowers the reward.

This also happens with combat missions as the overall playerbase's gear and skill improves. Faster completions across the board equals lower payouts for everyone.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Could it be after the republishing of missions post S8 launch that the average time calculation was reset? Meaning the timer is averaging what the completion time has been since S8 launch not the long history prior to S8. Just a thought not sure if this is the case or not but if it's a mission people have played repeatedly, no doubt it's getting done faster now.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
    edited November 2013
    I'm not sure this is an institutionalized nerf.

More likely, here's what happened:

People played the mission. As they played it more, they read less and got faster at it. People playing faster lowers the reward.

This also happens with combat missions as the overall playerbase's gear and skill improves. Faster completions across the board equals lower payouts for everyone.

No. As I stated, this was an *immediate* change, the effect happened right after the servers came up after the patch. There was no time for hundreds of rapid speedplays across all missions to immediately lower the average time played.

I've seen the reward change on popular missions. It happens slowly. At most a downward trend of a few dilly a day. This was an order of magnitude greater, and happened right away, and the reward continued to dwindle afterwards as the average playtime continued to drop - at the same rate that it always has, a few dil a day tops.
    It must be the change where they took out static maps from the calculation then.

Sector Space transit time
    Loading map time
    Social map time
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
  • macready08macready08 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Something changed I had a mission that payed 1440 before patch now only 480 why the change branflakes it just republished so it cant be playtime based.
  • species1977species1977 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    seems to me , every spotlight mission will give you 480 dill from now, even if you qualify your mission one or two hours .
    edited November 2013
    macready08 wrote: »
    Something changed I had a mission that payed 1440 before patch now only 480 why the change branflakes it just republished so it cant be playtime based.

the missions retain their previous play time even after a republish
    seems to me , every spotlight mission will give you 480 dill from now, even if you qualify your mission one or two hours .

If the spotlight only gives 480 then that's wrong. Remember though you only get the Spotlight bonus once per day
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Diminishing returns were bound to happen when they removed the travel time from the rewards. But, they had to do that to counter an exploit that was becoming popular at the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • macready08macready08 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another mission republished first play 56 minutes 480 dillithium payout this is bs any idea branflakes is this a bug or is it intended this is 2 missions now.
  • castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Another mission republished first play 56 minutes 480 dillithium payout this is bs any idea branflakes is this a bug or is it intended this is 2 missions now.

Keep in mind (barring a math change in the background) this is not YOUR playthru time but the average of all playthrus. An interesting question I have had, is when is that average calculated? is it a running total? is it recalculated at certain times?
    edited November 2013

If you use the custom search ni the Foundry UI and filter by average play time. If you want one with max rewards you'd want one that is 1hour or longer.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • lopata77lopata77 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mission gives 480 dill and duration is one hour. The only reason why they stopped republishing in foundry these days wss because of the reward, nothing to do with some problems they had with foundry. This is free to play game and no reason to mess with rewards. If Cryptic doesn't want ppl who play for free then change it to the way it was in the beginning .!.
    edited November 2013
    lopata77 wrote: »
    mission gives 480 dill and duration is one hour. The only reason why they stopped republishing in foundry these days wss because of the reward, nothing to do with some problems they had with foundry. This is free to play game and no reason to mess with rewards. If Cryptic doesn't want ppl who play for free then change it to the way it was in the beginning .!.

Go look at the avg play time in the custom search filter. Or you can believe in your own conspiracy theories if you want, up to you.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
  • sonnikkusonnikku Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just ran mars again and I got 2400 dil. :) It's strange that it's back to paying out 2400 dil without bonus hour today when it was paying out 2100 dil with bonus hour just a day ago. It seems highly improbable that a foundry change made nearly a year ago was responsible for such a huge change in pay out in just a single day, but I suppose it was just bugged and it got fixed.Thanks Bran. :) (and cryptic team)
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, ran a foundry mission today too, same one that had been reduced before, is back up to what it was before that late sept/oct patch. /shrug. Dunno what was going on. Will re-test to confirm tomorrow, but I guess whatever was changed, got changed back lol.
    Well, it seems like everyone is having different results. I run Sword everyday on 6 different characters as part of my dilly farm. A couple of months ago, I noticed the reward go up to 2400, non-bonus hour. It did NOT matter how long it took me to do the mission, whether I blew through it in 7 minutes, or went afk in the middle and took a 1/2 hour, 2400 dilly. Period.

Now, it's down to 1920. Consistantly. Funny how that math works out to exactly 480 dilly missing. I really think this deserves to be looked into by the devs. There is something either a) Wrong, or b) they are not coming clean about.

This game is farmy enough to lose that dilly. That's all my entire game has become. Farm, farm, farm, and it's getting old.
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think it had something to do with the foundry mission mass republishing that had to be done when S8 launched. It's likely that this reset all the average play timers on the spotlight missions and those who played them when they were republished simply sped through them, unintentionally lowering the reward. I could be wrong but it seems plausible for the moment.