What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Winter event SPECULATION THREAD!

Comments

• Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Borg Command Ship, which is also a carrier!
  • Options
    suprcheezesuprcheeze Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If the Season 8 game data is any indication, there will be shenanigans involving gingerbread men (and women, presumably).

Also, an upgraded snow cannon-type thingy that is significantly larger than last year's snow guns.

I also expect all of last year's stuff to return, albeit perhaps in a slightly modified format.

Oh, and there also will be vibrant red & green winter jacket costumes available for your characters to wear. Cryptic could have just let them have a customizable palette, but apparently they want to have you buy each color individually. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Meh, I didn't do the work, I think that was Lt Cmdr Miller? Can't recall now.
    But I also don't make those calls. As much as I might want to see Borgified Santa and his Borgdeer, that doesn't make it so.

its the winter event too, not christmas, no mater how innocent your guy's intentions are about it. focus it on a certain religions holiday and we will get the worst kind of complaining there is from the most offended people yet :rolleyes:
  • Options
    k0pak0pa Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here it s this winter New ship muhahahahaa *turns up the Rebel Fleet Music*

HomeOne.jpg
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    People are getting excited for the winter event an forget it's not a Christmas event thats all, Some other mmos don't even bother about being " universal " in religious beliefs because their ip isn't. Any way I still say three identical looking ships with the three different carers choices should of been made, an engi version thats bigger, sci thats smaller but faster, tac thats small and fast. What ever they give us im greatful that all I will do is run around like an idiot.... yay!
  • Options
    brenatevibrenatevi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    its the winter event too, not christmas, no mater how innocent your guy's intentions are about it. focus it on a certain religions holiday and we will get the worst kind of complaining there is from the most offended people yet :rolleyes:

Wait, what does Santa Klaus have to do with religion? Oh, right. Gods forbid people start worshiping Pagan holidays again. :P
  • Options
    gammadelta2gammadelta2 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So does anyone have that need arising inside of them. no gifts, major rewards, or anything. just that need to destroy snowmen, to pound them into oblivion.:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    colson15colson15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    In a word: Fckyeah!!
  • Options
    jumpingjsjumpingjs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If I was a mod: I would move it to my thread, I STARTED IT!

YOU GUYS SAW ME! (PS: The link is in my SIG)

But answering the question!

YES! DEFINITELY!
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

I hope STO get's better ...
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Some nice ideas guys!!!

I wish the Assimilated Santa came in game.

Science ship? Good idea!

Also, and finally ... SNOWBALL FIGHT! I phaser rifle a good spot! :D:cool:
    Hopefully I'll come back from my break; this break is fun; I play intellectual games.

• Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Personally, really hoping the Chel Grett is up for grabs again. I had internet issues last xmas and missed the entire event :( had to suffer watching people do stuff with that awesome ship all year.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    No... I am looking forward to the racing though.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So does anyone have that need arising inside of them. no gifts, major rewards, or anything. just that need to destroy snowmen, to pound them into oblivion.:D

i miss my snowball launcher..... no point keeping it in my inventory until wintertime.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Soon TM ;)

I'm anxious, because I've been itching to get boots for my Romulans for months now. :D
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Heh, add snow kits. Snowball mortars and turrets, marshmallow/chestnut/snowman roasting exothermic fires, icicle grenades.
  • Options
    corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've been looking with longing at my snowball launchers in my banks recently. Thinking to myself, "soon, my precious...."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    Personally, really hoping the Chel Grett is up for grabs again. I had internet issues last xmas and missed the entire event :( had to suffer watching people do stuff with that awesome ship all year.

If it is makes you feel better, you are honestly not missing much,

If the universal console ... was for ANY ship, then you would have missed the deal of a lifetime. But you did not, and that is goooood! :)

As for the snowballs! LET THEM RAIN DOWN ON THE SNOWLEADER - who should be an assimilated Santa Crytpic!

Ho Q Ho

• Options
    theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jumpingjs wrote: »

As for the snowballs! LET THEM RAIN DOWN ON THE SNOWLEADER - who should be an assimilated Santa Crytpic!

Ho Q Ho

Forget Assimilated Santa. We need a Dr. Who crossover. Great Intelligence-powered Snowmen, anyone?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Forget Assimilated Santa. We need a Dr. Who crossover. Great Intelligence-powered Snowmen, anyone?
    NEVER! Nestene would be better. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Ho Q Ho

"Open your chimneys and surrender your cookies. Prepare for the Holiday Spirit. HO HO HO."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    NO DR WHO CROSSOVERS!

Yes to awesome new / updated Winter event! :D

Anyway, to any DEV:

WHERE THE HELL IS THAT DEV BLOG? :mad:

• Options
    edited November 2013
    What dev blog? Remember people the 29th of this month ( by my calculations ) should see " Q's on his way " blog, then about 6-7 days later the winter event will be here!. Also.... cant wait to save the gingerbread town!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    What dev blog? Remember people the 29th of this month ( by my calculations ) should see " Q's on his way " blog, then about 6-7 days later the winter event will be here!. Also.... cant wait to save the gingerbread town!

Ginerbread town!!!

That would be soooo good.

And the snowmen could be attacking, and you have to save the inhabitants!

Excellent ideas guys!

• Options
    suprcheezesuprcheeze Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ginerbread town!!!

That would be soooo good.

And the snowmen could be attacking, and you have to save the inhabitants!

Excellent ideas guys!

Spoilers: That's pretty much what will happen.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    suprcheeze wrote: »
    Spoilers: That's pretty much what will happen.

Source?

If it that is a joke: LOL!!

Like I have said before, we can wish.

But back to speculating, I honestly think that Crytpic will have put quite a bit of effort in.

Why? If they want LOTs or players, not just a some, to take part, then they need to give them something fresh, or fresher! :)

Like how the summer event was fresh and WOW!

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Priority one podcast 150 branflakes mentions the gingerbread pve event, was mentioned at the beginning of the year ( d stahl ), we will join together and save the gingerbread inhabitants an vanquish the snowmen!! For glory, for honour.... for fun!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Priority one podcast 150 branflakes mentions the gingerbread pve event, was mentioned at the beginning of the year ( d stahl ), we will join together and save the gingerbread inhabitants an vanquish the snowmen!! For glory, for honour.... for fun!!!

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOW

I AM ESTATIC!!!!! THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!

I really hope that is a reality!

• Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And there it is....

Our first Winter Event PVE Q(PUNS!)

Gingerbread Men V Snowmen

Chel Gret available ONE LAST TIME!

And a NEW SHIP TOO!
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    sunseahl wrote: »
    And there it is....

Our first Winter Event PVE Q(PUNS!)

Gingerbread Men V Snowmen

Chel Gret available ONE LAST TIME!

And a NEW SHIP TOO!

LOL!

Someone did actually say that we could get some use for our hover packs.

In a way, I hope not, since that is what made the summer event special.

Does anyone agree with me , though, that they are going to add things to the winter event?