test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If you read the title of this forum, you sir are in the wrong forum. Hence the title "Game crashes upon launch" not graphics are poor, And all the error tickets posted regarding launch. So mind the attitude, tempers are already short enough without pouring gasoline on the fire.
    Well... "Holodeck crashes on startup"... hm.

That doesn't seem a launcher issue to me, because the launcher doesn't crash.
    See my post #2404.

Sorry if I'm a bit picky about that.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • valdepessumirevaldepessumire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had been fine with S8 launch, but update on the 21st Nov (yesterday) has now left the Cryptic Launcher AutoUpdater cycling with an eventual pop-up saying is cant connect to patch server.

This is odd, as
    1. It was fine before the update
    2. I had actually downloaded and installed the update yesterday evening when it had been released.
    3. Tracert comes back fine, with no missed connections etc...
    4. DNS has been flushed
    5. AV and Firewall disabled when trying to connect
    6. Fibre line is fine and running over 40mbps.

I appreciate everyone's frustrations. It seems that since 'Arc' has been introduced, it has caused alot more problems than has made it worthwhile.

Also, for those curious, pamdo media booster is an OPTIONAL addition, it will work for some and not for others (likely more beneficial for those with a poorer internet connection and older machine). Personally im an Alienware user on windows 7 and it causes lag for me. It is however worth trying.
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    revanpike wrote: »
    when this all started (with s8 and before on tribble) both my desktop and laptop got the 25.... errortickets. well. I reinstalled sto on the laptop (including arc) and finally got the 188... yesterday I deinstalled sto and reinstalled it with the first installsteup (without arc) but instead of the "old" 25... error I still get the 188... with a little luck my desktop will soon be back from repair. maybe the patch will work on it.

yep the formatted vesion reflects that
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    I thought I'd try to keep up the camaraderie a little for those who have managed to get in and those who have not.
    Battlecrows (FED fleet) and 18 Percent (KDF fleet) are small fleets who will open their doors to anyone needing a tier 2 fed or tier 1 (nearly tier 2) KDF invite for fleet stores and welcomes any "leprous ones" who do not already have a fleet.
    I'm fleet leader in both and my handle is my forum name with @ in front. Romulans, Remans, Aliens and Vidiians are all welcome.

For giggles, I thought I'd post some links to graphics issues those of you STILL not in-game have to look forward to when you finally get through the gates of Sto-vo-kor.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/326/5/a/screenhunter_12_nov__20_14_19_by_drowrulesupreme-d6v5g1y.jpg
    http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/326/2/b/screenhunter_11_nov__20_14_13_by_drowrulesupreme-d6v5fzz.jpg
    http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/326/0/1/screenhunter_11_nov__20_14_07_by_drowrulesupreme-d6v5fy0.jpg
    http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/326/2/7/screenhunter_11_nov__20_14_03_by_drowrulesupreme-d6v5fvx.jpg

:D cool, iv got a vid somewhere of my bridge officer who likes to live halfway between floors
    nerf.jpg]
  • tehburnsteptehburnstep Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    celticjedi wrote: »
    I have had more than my fair share of bugs and glitches and its really hard to stay positive and optimistic when the pattern just keeps on repeating, tribble is there for a reason so use it, no more fix this/break that.

This line x infinity. I am on record in several places in this thread as to what I think about the situation, and the exact question I want answered so there is no reason to reiterate. Will I ever get an answer? Hell no, but that is no longer even the point.

At this stage of things I'm not even certain I care whether this is fixed or not. I've done precious little in the game (aside form the week I took leveling my token Reman) except DOff missions since the "Valentine's Day Massacre" patch earlier this year. It is to the point now where I will demote myself to Chief Information Officer, turn day to day OPs over to my co-lead and just run the fleet website and voice comm channels all the while not caring whether I ever log in again. That is a sad state of affairs is it not?
    edited November 2013
    Another day, same crash. 2653 1885
    Le sigh. Bleh, I need to get some work done on my novel anyway.

yep got ur number, aaah looks like we have other reje....(ahem) numbers in here!
    nerf.jpg]
  • freak4muzicfreak4muzic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still here and waiting... I read through the last 20 pgs I missed now what do I do?
    00000011 00110001 00111000 00111000 00111001 00110111 00110111 00110100 00110001

Proud Member of the Order of Persistence
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Irregardless of launcher/graphics issue, Error Ticket: 18897741
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
    edited November 2013
    janeway102 wrote: »
    For the record I am a 18897741. I hope they fix this problem before the tribble leaves us.

welcome number 293
    nerf.jpg]
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    chrisolliec is a forum troll who's trying to provoke other members into responding. He really needs chill out and stop complaining.

BTW: STO LAUNCHER CRASHES UPON LAUNCHING.

TRIBBLE, I need some bran flakes. LOLS :D
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    Dude, you need to take a chill pill. This topic is being as an 'all-in-one' discussion topic relating to the launcher and the graphics issue and this is because the moderators have merged all of these topics into one.

yep, not only is this a complaints, and catologing center, its also a balm for the wounded:)
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    I had been fine with S8 launch, but update on the 21st Nov (yesterday) has now left the Cryptic Launcher AutoUpdater cycling with an eventual pop-up saying is cant connect to patch server.

This is odd, as
    1. It was fine before the update
    2. I had actually downloaded and installed the update yesterday evening when it had been released.
    3. Tracert comes back fine, with no missed connections etc...
    4. DNS has been flushed
    5. AV and Firewall disabled when trying to connect
    6. Fibre line is fine and running over 40mbps.

I appreciate everyone's frustrations. It seems that since 'Arc' has been introduced, it has caused alot more problems than has made it worthwhile.

Also, for those curious, pamdo media booster is an OPTIONAL addition, it will work for some and not for others (likely more beneficial for those with a poorer internet connection and older machine). Personally im an Alienware user on windows 7 and it causes lag for me. It is however worth trying.

ahh another fish just flopped up on deck, may i plz have your number prisoner
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    ahh another fish kist flopped up on deck, may i plz have your number prisoner

My ticket reference # is 131122-001065

Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but launcher updater stuck still, so cant even re-download game files :(
  • freak4muzicfreak4muzic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Welcome! Pull up a chair.
    00000011 00110001 00111000 00111000 00111001 00110111 00110111 00110100 00110001

Proud Member of the Order of Persistence
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    chrisolliec is a forum troll who's trying to provoke other members into responding. He really needs chill out and stop complaining.

BTW: STO LAUNCHER CRASHES UPON LAUNCHING.

TRIBBLE, I need some bran flakes. LOLS :D

just to jump in, i have read every post from every member, and have only come across 1 troll, and it wasnt chrisolliec, upset, yes, troll....no. he also likes to keep things in category (perhaps to avoid confusion?)

if you think chrisolliec was bad, you should have been here when we had a rampaging klingon
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Welcome! Pull up a chair.

Haha thanks.
    Personally, i understand alot can go wrong with patching, not just installing but the creation of it.

BUT

At work, if i have an issue all i do is tell everyone to log off, or disable the network functions, then roll it back to the last know decent(ish) configuration.

If they dont have that save, people deserve to be fired.

Why O Why cant they just test stuff properly?!?!?!
    edited November 2013
    Haha thanks.
    Personally, i understand alot can go wrong with patching, not just installing but the creation of it.

BUT

At work, if i have an issue all i do is tell everyone to log off, or disable the network functions, then roll it back to the last know decent(ish) configuration.

Valid points.( chair crashes to floor as the crowd gives standing ovation.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2013
    My ticket reference # is 131122-001065

Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but launcher updater stuck still, so cant even re-download game files :(

ok to keep you new ones in the loop.

the following OS platforms have been attempted

xp, SP2,SP3, home, pro, ult
    vista SP1 home
    win 7 SP2 home, pro
    win8
    linux mint
    linux ubuntu
    dirver updates and rolling back, also re-install have been successful for some

software re-installs have not produced results

some can play on safe mode

most can play on tribble

18897741s are doomed
    nerf.jpg]
  • venarravenarra Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    fcaptkmton wrote: »
    Just as it did for many of us on Tribble, Holodeck is crashing upon load up. Let's start at the beginning.

I loaded up the Season 8 patch and started it up. Since the server wasn't up I expected that it would close the shard and send me back to the log-in prompt. It launched, the music started and *crash* back to the desktop and the cryptic error report prompt.

Ticket #25992675

If it was crashing on players in Tribble, why the hell was Season 8 even released?

Explain that one to me. Really, Branflakes, explain it. I want an explanation as to why you released a load **** that didn't work.
    edited November 2013
    Haha thanks.

BUT

ahh the infamus roll back, cant work here, we are the minority and for most, s8 was a success
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Haha thanks.

BUT

Well, the testing is quite difficult, given the amount of possible hardware configurations the users of this game could (and surely do) have.

And a rollback would have been an option if the game had crashed on a majority of players, which wasn't the case.

Besides, I don't think you'll have to deal with miliions of co-workers, do you? ;)
    venarra wrote: »
    If it was crashing on players in Tribble, why the hell was Season 8 even released?

Explain that one to me. Really, Branflakes, explain it. I want an explanation as to why you released a load **** that didn't work.
    I think I can explain that, using an image frome the game. Remeber the chatter at the beginning of the "Sphere of influence" mission? Especially the part, where you talk with the cjief engineer. He's talking about having some doubts, too, but "We're on a deadline."
    Same problem here. The tests on Tribble showed them there were some problems, but as they only stroke a minority, they decided to set it on go while trying to get behind these issues that were reported, ASAP.
    Probably the team that was able to work on these issues wasn't directly available, but even if, especially this 18897741 issue seems to be something more complicated, as we can see by the SwiftShader solution that was brought up earlier. Even this doesn't work properly for all of the 18897741s. Some get in and have better performance than ever, some get in and play it retro style, some get in and may be able to do some DOFFing, some get in and get crashes and some still might not get in.
    And, as I mentioned earlier, for the majority of the players, the game just worked fine - mostly, at least.
    As far as I've heard, most problems had with the s8 launch were graphics issues of some kind - just as the issues discussed here, not just as severe.
    edited November 2013
    Well, the testing is quite difficult, given the amount of possible hardware configurations the users of this game could (and surely do) have.

And a rollback would have been an option if the game had crashed on a majority of players, which wasn't the case.

Besides, I don't think you'll have to deal with miliions of co-workers, do you? ;)

My apologies, to this poster. I am tired, worked graveyard shift and suffering (like many of us) withdrawal. While your intent is to calmly share info and your opinion, in my current state I find your tone/inflection condescending. Just me, but I doubt Cryptic has millions of employees/co-workers. Again, I mean no offense. And apologies if I offended you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2013
    OK, becouse some of you are having problem with the list, halfpint and i will re-format it
    so ppl without the programs can read it.
    and if you dont have a .rar opener, just pm me or halfpint your e-mail.

we will send you the files unpasworded and un-packaged,
    also since we are updating, you may get some extra info

Dont forget halfpint71ky wants your ingame @handles (gamename)

for password issues there is a space between words and most misspell the first word, put "e" where you think "a" goes
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    My apologies, to this poster. I am tired, worked graveyard shift and suffering (like many of us) withdrawal. While your intent is to calmly share info and your opinion, in my current state I find your tone/inflection condescending. Just me, but I doubt Cryptic has millions of employees/co-workers. Again, I mean no offense. And apologies if I offended you.

see this is why i like this thread (nice ppl):)
    nerf.jpg]
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys its me again. Well just went to tribble trying to use what I did yesterday and guess what? It no longer works. Something new did happen though.

I got a new ERROR ID!!!!! 27498616
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
    edited November 2013
    Hi guys its me again. Well just went to tribble trying to use what I did yesterday and guess what? It no longer works. Something new did happen though.

not only is it new but it is unique
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013

Congrats on new error code. Same old code 18897741 here. Sigh, I want a new error code, Cryptic like you better than me....pout...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2013
    They don't have that much co-workers, that's right. But they have millons of players to handle.
    I was referring to the amount of people/computers to handle, not the people as such.

Sorry if my way of speaking offends you in any way. That isn't my intention.
    I feel with you about being tired and such, been there, too. Still suffering from it, even years later.
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    ok to keep you new ones in the loop.

the following OS platforms have been attempted

xp, SP2,SP3, home, pro, ult
    vista SP1 home
    win 7 SP2 home, pro
    win8
    linux mint
    linux ubuntu
    dirver updates and rolling back, also re-install have been successful for some

software re-installs have not produced results

some can play on safe mode

most can play on tribble

18897741s are doomed

You forgot Win 7 Ult... (SP 1, as SP 2 isn't up, yet...) ;)
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Congrats on new error code. Same old code 18897741 here. Sigh, I want a new error code, Cryptic like you better than me....pout...

After winning that new ticket I thought it was an admission slip to holodeck. Went there and they took it away from me and gave me back 18897741.

:rolleyes:
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
This discussion has been closed.