test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• skaas1980skaas1980 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Joining club 18897741.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dave18193 wrote: »
    I figures as much, but it would be nice if a Dev would at least give me the courtesy of an answer given that we've been locked out for over a week with no end in sight for those of us not helped by that last fix.

Seriously, we've all lost a ton because of this and deserve an apology. Especially since it was posted on tribble before s8 launch.

At the very least we deserve a Dev at least explaining why they cant compensate us for the massive inconvenience and loss of lobi opportunity, not to speak of the stress and other resources eg fleet contributions and acces to the ships we paid for.

Also, just tried Holodeck again without success. Crash handler crashed this time too which isn't inspiring confidence.

I think this is one of these "how to talk to Devs" rules that it is not welcome to demand answers from Devs.

This is the same situation like we had in the Icon revamp thread month ago. People complained but nobody cared. Silenced to desth.

But anyway I agree with you
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Welcome aboard Skaas grab a chair.

Oh my support ticket? They have closed it.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First, Bran's event is tomorrow I thought?

Second, an update might be nice to get.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Cryptic: Here's bright funny yellow text to fix your video and graphics problems.

STO Players: Unfortunately, Cryptic, you need to actually get into the game before you can use that.

STO Optimist: Same time, next year, as we're still waiting for a fix to the graphics card problem.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • janovethjanoveth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Patched and everything....but still can't get in the game.
    So,anyone know another good game instead of this?
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    You could be having a separate issue. Make sure you file a ticket, or create your own thread. You never know.
    well the more I look into this the more im confused...my ticket is 14178516..apparently no one has had this ticket except me and people playing neverwinter like 9 months ago. The neverwinter forum said it was a firewall issue stopping the game but shutting it off or setting allowances doesn't seem to help. anyone have any suggestions?
    You could be having a separate issue. Make sure you file a ticket, or create your own thread. You never know.

Good point, how do you crash?
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    I am so honored for the recognition of my work. You know many artist die before their brilliance ever receives acknowledgment. I feel very lucky to obtain mine while I?m still alive, I would like to thank?.

?..Oops?hold on just a second?.whats that?.... well yes I guess you have a point?.but??I??can?t we just?.. Oh Very well?..

It?s been pointed out to me that as a Zombie I am dead?..so bang goes that speech?.

I will say I really needed the uplifting happiness this award has brought me. I have been in a rather low place since learning that energy weapons vaporize people completely. I mean, wow totally caught me off guard, didn?t even think about that. There I was all confident that as a nameless Redshirt I was perfectly safe on away team missions. I mean what could happen, I couldn?t die again! Then I get that whole energy weapon wakeup call?.it just really floored me. Been faking a groin pull ever since to get out of away team mission duties.

***Oh Oh side note for future research: People with groin pulls lurch and stumble around slowly while moaning??Zombies lurch and stumble around slowly while moaning. Hmm I don?t think anyone else has ever figured this out?.another side effect of zombie-ism?groin pulls!! ***

***Skip to an old folks home in the future, bunch of old folk watching some future Walking Dead spin off show?..

Actor A: You shot Bob!! Why in the world did you shot Bob!

Actor B: He was a zombie! I woke up and there he was coming from over there by the bathroom, lurching and stumbling?moaning?.he was totally going to eat my brains!

Actor A: lurching and stumbling?moaning????Man he wasn?t a zombie he pulled his groin loading supplies in the truck yesterday!

Actor B: Oh?my bad?.in my defense he totally looked like a zombie?.

Actor A: rolls his eyes?.

Back to the old folks home where there?s this old guy yapping away about how they have stolen his idea from the STO forums!! As the nurses and orderlies try to calm him and get him to take his meds?..

But I digress?

Hmmm do you smell it??. That?s right!!!!! Compilation Album! ?for just 5 easy payments of $9.99 you can own the sounds of Season 8 Crash!!!....

And dare I dream?.play our cards right? and BAM!! STO Season 8 Crash the Broadway Musical!!!!

Yeah I know what you?re thinking?.Star Trek geek, Online gamer, Inspirer of Broadway Musicals?..yep your right I?ll be beating the hot chicks back with a stick I will?.
    :D

socool:cool:
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    skaas1980 wrote: »
    Joining club 18897741.

welcome, take a seat. you are 290th
    nerf.jpg]
  • djlucas69djlucas69 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    not likely, Brandon will soon be hosting the sphere soon

hope the 3 people there enjoyed it
    edited November 2013
    Is that all there is??? I'm somewhat concerned, that seems like a small number.

there are much more, but they dont post, only watch, or "check in" now and then

70,650 ppl have viewed this thread
    nerf.jpg]
  • trahdahlintrahdahlin Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Surprise, surprise, SURPRISE!!!!!!
    Game STILL crashes in the exact same spot. WOOO HOOOOO!!!!
    Killer tech support. Faith is dwindling day by day......
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Good point, how do you crash?

Well first you get in a car. Get going to about 150 mph or kph if outside the US then aim the car for a tree. Wait a few seconds. and boom you have a crash!

(It doesnt have to be a tree but anything really big will work.)
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • christopher0184christopher0184 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't know if it will mean anything, but I finally got off my rear and looked up what graphics card I have, and I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9300M G
    Strike%2C_S.Rouge%2C_Freedom.png
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    Tertiary ship: I.S.S. Freedom Gundam, Mirror Deep Space Science Vessel
    My YouTube Channel
  • finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    If you have the nividia integrated graphics, the patch didn't work. I still get the same errors and loader crashes.

What was your previous error number??
    Mine was 25316319 and i can get into the game. In sector space though the stars are still melting though.
    edited November 2013
    I don't know if it will mean anything, but I finally got off my rear and looked up what graphics card I have, and I have a NVIDIA GeForce 9300M G

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

download and get it to check drivers, update, then try again, (worked for some)
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    I have ATI graphics and it still didn't work, so it is affecting both, same error code as before....18897741.
    What do we have to do to get this issue fixed?????
    edited November 2013
    so u guys know who i am in the game.

i am still captinwh0

my character is Bruser

my ship (until recently) is the U.S.S Enterprize

im usually the guy healing everyone else
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

download and get it to check drivers, update, then try again, (worked for some)

Already did that, and everything is fully up-to-date.
    Primary ship: U.S.S. Lacus Clyne, Dyson Science Destroyer/U.S.S. Fausticorn, Multi-Mission Reconnaissance Explorer
    Secondary ship: U.S.S. Rainbow Dash, Odyssey Tactical Cruiser/I.S.S. Princess Cadance, Mirror Assault Cruiser
    My YouTube Channel
    edited November 2013
    trahdahlin wrote: »
    I have ATI graphics and it still didn't work, so it is affecting both, same error code as before....18897741.
    What do we have to do to get this issue fixed?????

i dont know, this forums suddenly diserted, everyone else is in game i suppose.

(i hope halfpint finishes that list soon or it all will have been a waste)
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Already did that, and everything is fully up-to-date.

do you have an error number? i dont have one on file
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    This is inexcusable at this point. 2 weeks and there are people that STILL cannot play? That is a load of BS. I am just glad that I have my fleet leader is running my acoount for me, I have yet to play season 8 at all.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Postet this in the Gateway section already but anyway:

You are more and more damaging the infrastructure of this game. Me and hundreds of other players are unable to enter the game since Season 8 und you are still not able to hand out any information to us about the problem.

If you are not able to provide a stable game then PWE should hire more experienced graphic Devs to fix your bugs. What good do Devs do when they are ST fans but can't solve problems and tweak and play around with graphic settings.

I am usually not using such tone and I always defended cryptic even during the launch und maintenance period of LoR, but this is just ridiculous.
    edited November 2013
    trahdahlin wrote: »
    This is inexcusable at this point. 2 weeks and there are people that STILL cannot play? That is a load of BS. I am just glad that I have my fleet leader is running my acoount for me, I have yet to play season 8 at all.

im afraid even my patience is wearing thin, to be honest im not sure why im here.

i stayed around when there was lots of ppl to laugh with, and to help.

but they are all gone, and all the warmth with it.:(

i am worried that when i an eventually back in the game, i wont enjoy it. like another posted here

it will feel be hollow. and my soul will say, "insert joy here"
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    do you have an error number? i dont have one on file

No, as soon as I get past the splash screens, the character select screen never appears, because the game just goes into a never-ending "program not responding" status.
    My YouTube Channel
  • gedged2gedged2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For those of you who are still broken, you can try this:
    http://bestgamershouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/swiftshader-30_9.html

This has uncrashed the computer I had that this was disagreeing with, but word of warning: Performance is extremely, extremely bad. To say that you have to run it on low settings would be an understatement. The resulting graphics will look like something that was primitive back in 1980. But you'll be able to play! You'll be completely BLIND, but you'll still be able to doff and claim your tribble and Lobi. Have a friend lead you around. You'll need it.

Remember to modify your StarTr~1/Live/Localdata/Gameprefs.pref settings to set RenderScaleX and Y to a really small value, like, say, "0.03125". Otherwise you will regret it! Slideshow!

OMG this actually works for my mark of the beast 18897741 error!
    Thank you so much doffingcomrade!!!

I used WinRAR to extract the file. The dll needs to be put in the \Star Trek Online\Live directory. (I deleted the \cache\shaderCache.hogg rdrShaderCache.hogg files just in case.)
    You can see that the software dll is running by the Swift Shader logo on the loading screen.
    At the 75% loading point, instead of crashing to the dreaded 18897741 error, it goes to the Legends of Romulus logo. Then had to wait a long time without clicking on anything.
    I was able to claim the Solanae tribble! :D

Miracles do happen LOL
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    im afraid even my patience is wearing thin, to be honest im not sure why im here.

i stayed around when there was lots of ppl to laugh with, and to help.

but they are all gone, and all the warmth with it.:(

i am worried that when i an eventually back in the game, i want enjoy it. like another posted here

it will feel be hollow. and my soul will say, "insert joy here"
    Hey, captainwh0, I'm still here. RL kept me busy, though.

I'm not really surprised to see people fading away... quite a few can get back into the game, others are too busy petting their frustration...

Well, I wonder what they'd be like if they were in my situation...
    I'm sitting here, working with my old computer - that suffered some kind of "acidy" graphic problems before the patch, due to overheating of the GC - while there is a brand new machine sitting in one corner of my room, ready for duty. Still, I can't use it, as I'd need my copy of Win7 to get it running. Said copy is MIA, been combing through the house with a very fine comb - still didn't find it.
    All the other games I could play as well online as offline, suffer from crashes due to the old age of my computer, so all that's left for me is my patience.

On a side note... my @handle ingame is the same as my username here... Chris (see below) is one of my many chars, but not my main char, as I don't really have a main.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Update on those uniform giveaways...

They're out of codes.
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    still here... wandering the fleet, looking for comrades suffering from the mark of the beast...
    edited November 2013
    I should not have to go through all that just to end up having the game STILL not be playable. Graphics look like TRIBBLE = Game is still not playable. Having to change all the settings to make a game play like ****, is just like having a car but you have push it instead of drivve it. WHAT IS THE POINT? If the issues would just get resolved, there wouldn't be anyone "petting their frustrations" in the first place.
This discussion has been closed.