test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Acetons for Feds

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I will admit this: 45 second CD on a console is pretty damn short compared to 99% of other consoles out there.

But also, at some point, the AA console was hard-capped at a max of 2 per player at a time. Dunno when this happened, though it tends to not make much of a difference since you just need only 45 seconds for a fresh one.

My question is: Why are people wanting the stupid thing in the first place? Is it for most PvE content? If you know what you are doing, you'd be better off not wasting a console with this in the first place; even if you don't know what you are doing, it doesn't make that much of a difference. Is it for NWS? That one I can understand, it tears the hell out of the bioneurals. Is it for PvP? People are always so quick to say how few people PvP, so that can't be the main reason, unless people just want it to teach KDF players 'a lesson' by spamming it against them.

There must be an awfully good, or bad, reason people want it, and I'm curious what it is at this point.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They just want to troll KDF with it in Ker'rat. I'm sure this is the main reason any fed wants it.
    "It's annoying. Let us annoy KDF with it." The feds in Ker'rat outnumbers KDF 95% of the time, that's annoying. Can KDF have some numbers? :rolleyes:

Anyway, I think it's greed. Not good to be greedy. To be honest cryptic should take some cross-faction consoles away. There are zero federation consoles I like, and most are useless. IE: Shockwave torpedo console. Why the long cool down for something so pathetic? 30 seconds wold make it good. 2 minutes for '1300' damage? *sigh* :(

No AA. You feds have nothing to trade anyway.
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Why does this sound so familiar?
    Probably because when you replace AA with Leech, Bioneural Warhead, cloak, carrier, universal slots and battlecruiser we can recreate pretty much all the arguments that have been given since 2010.
    Strangely enough after all those above things were given to the Feds, the "perfect imbalance" was revealed to be something entirely different from what you describe.
    It is actually that Feds got the stuff they wanted while KDF didn't and the exact same people suddenly turned around and said the reason the KDF does not deserve to get anything was not because they were unwilling to share stuff with he Feds but because

-Federation is the main faction
    -the Klingons killed Kirk's son
    -they stink
    -they are evil
    -they are not economically viable
    -they should be glad they are not deleted from the game

And at that point they turn their eyes towards the next item that is totally unfair to have on the KDF side and the cycle begins anew.

Greedy greedy greedy. Gene Roddenberry would be so proud of them.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So the feds need something like AA, then they need something better.

That quite possibly sums up STO.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • terongrayterongray Member Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As I stated, it seems to obviously be that good if it's the only reason to play KDF. Fundamental problems there then, which are actually pretty pathetic when you think about it. I played my KDF characters because they are KDF and different, not for some gimmick. The more depressing truth is, KDF are a footnote in sales. If the AA ended up in a lockbox, irregardless of the grand-prize ship I am sure there would be a spike of Key sales. Really, it's just a matter of time until we see more console trades.

But again, anytime you talk about bringing things to par in any way but the Red way, the hostility and opposition comes out in force. Well, as much force as the dozen or so die hard PvPer Klinks who dominate the KDF forum can manage.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    terongray wrote: »
    As I stated, it seems to obviously be that good if it's the only reason to play KDF. Fundamental problems there then, which are actually pretty pathetic when you think about it. I played my KDF characters because they are KDF and different, not for some gimmick. The more depressing truth is, KDF are a footnote in sales. If the AA ended up in a lockbox, irregardless of the grand-prize ship I am sure there would be a spike of Key sales. Really, it's just a matter of time until we see more console trades.

But again, anytime you talk about bringing things to par in any way but the Red way, the hostility and opposition comes out in force. Well, as much force as the dozen or so die hard PvPer Klinks who dominate the KDF forum can manage.

Define "to par".
    Is it anything beyond "give everything to the Feds and do nothing for the KDF"?

Oh, BTW I don't have the AA and don't care very much for it but I'm tired of hearing the exact same arguments over and over for over 45 months.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Got a nice song for ya':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32UGD0fV45g
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited November 2013
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Define "to par".
    Is it anything beyond "give everything to the Feds and do nothing for the KDF"?

Oh, BTW I don't have the AA and don't care very much for it but I'm tired of hearing the exact same arguments over and over for over 45 months.

If it's been heard for that long, there obviously is a balance issue. :rolleyes: See the link to perfect inbalance. The AA is not an element of that if it's been a source of player contention for all this time. A comparable analog or counter needs to be made available to end it.

As for Shpoks, a link for a link, the way every one of your posts has come across. I won't bother wasting my time writing further responses to you.
  • fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    As an STO player (not a fed, not a kdf, not a Romulan, but rather a normal person playing STO), I am going to just reply with:-

Feds have the wide angle torp. This is a GOOD torp, it lets you fire torps from a beam boat whilst broad siding.

Romulans have the Valdore console. This is a GOOD console, lots of lovely healing every time you do damage.

KDF have the Aceton assimilator. Apparently it's good too.

So, each "faction" has a toy the other factions would love to have. Leaves you a choice really. Share them all, or make the most out of having exclusive access to the nice toy on a single faction.

Me, I don't PvP, I don't want the Aceton on fed characters overly. I would however love the Valdor console on non Romulan characters, and the wide angled torp on my Romulans and KDF characters. I certainly don't NEED them though, and I'm not about to create posts demanding them. lol

Spend more time enjoying what you do have, less posting that you want what you don't is what I say.

Cheers
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rezking wrote: »
    That quite possibly sums up STO.

taking something out of context does not an argument make..
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just thought of something. This whole thread is pointless. Cross-faction consoles are pining for the fjords and for Cryptic to bring them back would be the biggest money grabbing they have ever done so I'm not sure if anyone have done this yet so I will have the honor

Ashes to ashes
    dust to dust

*pours out a bottle of vortaberry wine for the fallen homie* :cool:
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    threads like this one and the orion one make me wish I could draw, I'm fairly sure I could come up with a good 4koma.

on topic now.. I have a idea if you want klingon stuff and don't have one yet make klingon... otherwise I got nothing

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • pokersmith1pokersmith1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tsk tsk, one of those threads. :rolleyes:
    Elite Defense Starfleet
    Elite Defense Stovokor
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This thread is pointless.

Feds will get the Aceton. We know its coming. History has already been written.
    edited November 2013
    This thread is pointless.

Feds will get the Aceton. We know its coming. History has already been written.

History.
    History..
    History...

Are we going to skip over this and the past lockbox consoles or do those not count as "history"?

The Devs did right by making new consoles and now I have to ask why do people want to take a step back?

I hear a lot of cracks about how PWE is ran by Ferengi but most of the time when the word "profit" comes up it is coming out of a Fed.

Section 31, Undine, and maybe The Ferengi Alliance. You guys should think some house cleaning really soon :D
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *Pokes head in*

This thread is still going? Have all the usual accusations of self-righteous this and greedy that been thrown around sufficiently to meet quota? The usual one or two people try to have a reasoned discussion while half a dozen others get aggressive or entitled or smug?

*Goes over the checklist* Looks like everything is accounted for. Do we want to do 'all Klingon ships need battlecloak' next, or 'Romulans need a carrier' ?
  • blackcat#6894 blackcat Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello. I usually just lurk around watching everyone argue.. I mean talk among themthemselves, but this time I figured I would put my 2c in.

I am a FED player through and through. All of the starships in canon that I like are Federation or Romulan, so thats what I have. I did have a KDF once, perhaps I will again.. but I didnt really enjoy it much. I just perfer Feds. Also, on the rare occasions that my console slots arent filled by needed things.. I use a KDF console as a filler. (Or in the case of Isometric Charge, I use it anyway sometimes) Without getting into what is and what isnt OP or unbalanced, I honestly think there are too many KDF/FED consoles being shared as is. Sure, alot of the FED consoles are either useless or so situational they might as well be useless.. and granted, some of the KDF ones are "uber" (IC for example, love it.) I would be happy if they took my IC away and gave it back to the KDF. Then there might be a reason for me to go looking for fights with Klingons!

I love a good fight, especially one that makes me think outside my little Kill Borg box. AA is one of those unique-experience makers. Personally, I find it fun to have stuff unavailable to me. Some things I think should be cross faction (Galaxy X innate cloak, Defiant innate battle cloak as two examples) but I understand why they arent. The KDF has gotten the shaft as far as shiny things more than once, and the FEDs have more shiny stuff than I can shake a Fleet Ship Module at.

So no, let em keep the AA. In fact, I would vote in favor of giving back all of their consoles. (getting ours back too, just so the "unbalanced" people wont have an actual reason to get rialed up.) While we are at giving the KDF things they should already have, how about a handfull of T5 ships and some incentive for people to roll a Klink once in a while.

~K

*Goes back to lurking in the far corner, and watches.*
    This post brought to you by the one known as Kay.
    DISCLAIMER!
    This post is not meant to flame, judge, insult, accuse, bash, or an any form offend any who may or may not read it. Unless it is, in which case this disclaimer is invalidated. Cheers!
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    No, the KDF community didn't want these friggin swaps. We've complained every time they happen. Half the swaps have been in exchange for mediocre Fed consoles.

We wanted to keep OUR consoles and keep some faction diversity. We didn't need your impulse capacitance cell or subspace jumper (the only two consoles I can think of that have universal utility).

Keep your grubby, grasping hands off our Aceton Assimilators!

Yeah this ^^ LOL... hey cryptic.. why don't you do a scan and see how many KDF currently have the ionized gas sensor console installed right now. LOL

If Fed get AA, klinks get the nebula console to detect cloak. Oh and cryptic, when and if you give us the nebula console, make sure you don't fix it first, that way, we can detect claoked fed ships out to 20-40 KM... mmmmm'kay?

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tfomega wrote: »
    hey cryptic.. why don't you do a scan and see how many KDF currently have the ionized gas sensor console installed right now. LOL

^^^ROFL This made my day. By reason of faction diversity, AA must stay KDF. If the feds were gonna get it-- they would had it by now. Barrier Generator console and Aceton console must stay exclusive to KDF. Gives players a good reason to try KDF. A unique experience can always help with bring new players to the KDF. I'm glad Cryptic sees this :)
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    tfomega wrote: »
    Yeah this ^^ LOL... hey cryptic.. why don't you do a scan and see how many KDF currently have the ionized gas sensor console installed right now. LOL

My KDF characters posses and utilize it against Fed-Aligned Romulans. It's a real kick in the groin when utilized from the B'rel Retrofit ontop of it. I think part of the problem is, that Klink's in their bitterness refuse to learn how effective the consoles they got from Starfleet can be used.

Though thinking of the Ionized Gas Sensor, an easy solution came to mind. Fine, no AAs for Blue. Update the IGS console so if there are no cloaked ships nearby to prioritize, or if the play has the AA selected when firing, the EMS Torp will then go after the assimilator and hit them for 10x or so their usual payload strength. It would keep AAs unique to KDF, and give Feds a console based counter while increasing the usefulness of one less utilized.
  • timezargtimezarg Member Posts: 1,268
    edited November 2013
    My KDF characters posses and utilize it against Fed-Aligned Romulans. It's a real kick in the groin when utilized from the B'rel Retrofit ontop of it. I think part of the problem is, that Klink's in their bitterness refuse to learn how effective the consoles they got from Starfleet can be used.

Though thinking of the Ionized Gas Sensor, an easy solution came to mind. Fine, no AAs for Blue. Update the IGS console so if there are no cloaked ships nearby to prioritize, or if the play has the AA selected when firing, the EMS Torp will then go after the assimilator and hit them for 10x or so their usual payload strength. It would keep AAs unique to KDF, and give Feds a console based counter while increasing the usefulness of one less utilized.

KDF already has access to the Ionized Gas Sensor. It was in 'exchange' for the Plasmonic Leech, an obviously unfair exchange given the utility of the Plasmonic Leech as opposed to the mediocre IGS. That little bit of BS kinda took the shine out of what gains the KDF got in LoR, as the trade happened about 1-2 weeks before hand.

It's like Cryptic can't do anything for the KDF without spitting on it in the process.
    tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
    edited November 2013
    timezarg wrote: »
    KDF already has access to the Ionized Gas Sensor. It was in 'exchange' for the Plasmonic Leech, an obviously unfair exchange given the utility of the Plasmonic Leech as opposed to the mediocre IGS. That little bit of BS kinda took the shine out of what gains the KDF got in LoR, as the trade happened about 1-2 weeks before hand.

It's like Cryptic can't do anything for the KDF without spitting on it in the process.

You obviously did not actually read the post, instead you just looked at a few key words, and wrote a Red-Rage response. :rolleyes: Please try again.
  • radhadamodarjiradhadamodarji Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, philosophical/religious facts, theories etc.
    Practical Explanation ( For Example ) :- `1st of all can you tell me every single seconds detail from that time when you born ?? ( i need every seconds detail ?? that what- what you have thought and done on every single second )

can you tell me every single detail of your `1 cheapest Minute Or your whole hour, day, week, month, year or your whole life ??

if you are not able to tell me about this life then what proof do you have that you didn't forget your past ? and that you will not forget this present life in the future ?

that is Fact that Supreme Lord Krishna exists but we posses no such intelligence to understand him.
    there is also next life. and i already proved you that no scientist, no politician, no so-called intelligent man in this world is able to understand this Truth. cuz they are imagining. and you cannot imagine what is god, who is god, what is after life etc.
    _______
    for example :Your father existed before your birth. you cannot say that before your birth your father don,t exists.

So you have to ask from mother, "Who is my father?" And if she says, "This gentleman is your father," then it is all right. It is easy.
    Otherwise, if you makes research, "Who is my father?" go on searching for life; you'll never find your father.

( now maybe...maybe you will say that i will search my father from D.N.A, or i will prove it by photo's, or many other thing's which i will get from my mother and prove it that who is my Real father.{ So you have to believe the authority. who is that authority ? she is your mother. you cannot claim of any photo's, D.N.A or many other things without authority ( or ur mother ).

if you will show D.N.A, photo's, and many other proofs from other women then your mother. then what is use of those proofs ??} )

same you have to follow real authority. "Whatever You have spoken, I accept it," Then there is no difficulty. And You are accepted by Devala, Narada, Vyasa, and You are speaking Yourself, and later on, all the acaryas have accepted. Then I'll follow.
    I'll have to follow great personalities. The same reason mother says, this gentleman is my father. That's all. Finish business. Where is the necessity of making research? All authorities accept Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. You accept it; then your searching after God is finished.

Why should you waste your time?
    _______
    all that is you need is to hear from authority ( same like mother ). and i heard this truth from authority " Srila Prabhupada " he is my spiritual master.
    im not talking these all things from my own.

in this world no `1 can be Peace full. this is all along Fact.

cuz we all are suffering in this world 4 Problems which are Disease, Old age, Death, and Birth after Birth.

tell me are you really happy ?? you can,t be happy if you will ignore these 4 main problem. then still you will be Forced by Nature.

if you really want to be happy then follow these 6 Things which are No illicit sex, No gambling, No drugs ( No tea & coffee ), No meat-eating ( No onion & garlic's )

5th thing is whatever you eat `1st offer it to Supreme Lord Krishna. ( if you know it what is Guru parama-para then offer them food not direct Supreme Lord Krishna )

and 6th " Main Thing " is you have to Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare ".
    If your not able to follow these 4 things no illicit sex, no gambling, no drugs, no meat-eating then don,t worry but chanting of this holy name ( Hare Krishna Maha-Mantra ) is very-very and very important.

Chant " hare krishna hare krishna krishna krishna hare hare hare rama hare rama rama rama hare hare " and be happy.

if you still don,t believe on me then chant any other name for 5 Min's and chant this holy name for 5 Min's and you will see effect. i promise you it works And chanting at least 16 rounds ( each round of 108 beads ) of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra daily.
    Here is no Question of Holy Books quotes, Personal Experiences, Faith or Belief. i accept that Sometimes Faith is also Blind. Here is already Practical explanation which already proved that every`1 else in this world is nothing more then Busy Foolish and totally idiot.
    every `1 is already Blind in this world and if you will follow another Blind then you both will fall in hole. so try to follow that person who have Spiritual Eyes who can Guide you on Actual Right Path. ( my Authority & Guide is my Spiritual Master " Srila Prabhupada " )
    read it complete. ( i promise only readers of this book that they { he/she } will get every single answer which they want to know about why im in this material world, who im, what will happen after this life, what is best thing which will make Human Life Perfect, and what is perfection of Human Life. ) purpose of human life is not to live like animal cuz every`1 at present time doing 4 thing which are sleeping, eating, sex & fear. purpose of human life is to become freed from Birth after birth, Old Age, Disease, and Death.
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I agree with this. I'm still somewhat surprised that after a half year of romulans, we still haven't seen that much adaptation of KDF characters to anti-cloaker builds to counter fed roms. I expected that to be the big thing before this FAWDEMDULMUR became all the rage, I even made some hypothetical builds.

Turns out, kdf have very little in the way of anti cloaking tech right now, when compared to the feds long history of having to adapt against it.
  • newromulan1newromulan1 Member Posts: 2,229
    edited November 2013
    I told cryptic well in advance that this lock box would not do well unless they added the aceton - judging by the almost complete lack of ship flybys - the low exchange prices for stuff - this lockbox has been a financial failure.

Dont worry it will be made very clear for the next box that they need the aceton to drive sales. Their new console gimmicks are not that popular. Just compare the prices of the leech to all the others.

Cryptic won't make this mistake again - next box they will most likely want to have a big money maker to compensate for this boxes failure. Expect an op ship and the aceton.

Money money money - lots of money - that's what cryptic will get.
    edited November 2013
    I told cryptic well in advance that this lock box would not do well unless they added the aceton - judging by the almost complete lack of ship flybys - the low exchange prices for stuff - this lockbox has been a financial failure.

Dont worry it will be made very clear for the next box that they need the aceton to drive sales. Their new console gimmicks are not that popular. Just compare the prices of the leech to all the others.

Cryptic won't make this mistake again - next box they will most likely want to have a big money maker to compensate for this boxes failure. Expect an op ship and the aceton.

Money money money - lots of money - that's what cryptic will get.

To be fair, they did it to themselves. Honestly, Plasmonic Leech was the 'peak' so to say. They gave away arguably the best KDF console in the game (for a VERY mediocre one in anything that isn't cloak-heavy PvP). How in the great Zamorak's name could they ever hope to equal that?

Better choice would've just been to wait, do a 'best for last' sort of situation. Don't misunderstand, don't agree with the console swaps of course, but they chose to do it when they did it, irregardless of anything else.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    edited November 2013
    Cross faction consoles sold well to the biggest playerbase I think.

The new consoles sell well to all of the playerbase I think.

You talk about profit. Tell which one sounds like more profit?

We don't why lockbox consoles was changed. Maybe they did want to make the KDF less angry, maybe it was from the kindness of their hearts, maybe it was just good lobes for business. We don't know. But it happen so I ask you not to look back into the past and walk toward a new day. Pretty sure heading off into new frontiers is starfleet's job so grab a cup of coffee black and be starfleet (....and now rip off everything the Klingons do)

PS. We don't know the numbers on lockbox sales.
    edited November 2013
    Cross faction consoles sold well to the biggest playerbase I think.

The new consoles sell well to all of the playerbase I think.

You talk about profit. Tell which one sounds like more profit?

We don't why lockbox consoles was changed. Maybe they did want to make the KDF less angry, maybe it was from the kindness of their hearts, maybe it was just good lobes for business. We don't know. But it happen so I ask you not to look back into the past and walk toward a new day. Pretty sure heading off into new frontiers is starfleet's job so grab a cup of coffee black and be starfleet (....and now rip off everything the Klingons do)

PS. We don't know the numbers on lockbox sales.

True, we don't know the numbers and how many people are using the consoles, etc. But there is a BIG difference between 'let's release a new console in each lockbox' vs 'let us trade consoles between factions'.

Any new consoles they made are a shot in the dark, who knows how good or bad it will actually be (descriptions and front page blogs can only do so much). Thus it's a higher risk for a potential profit.

Console swaps on the other hand, people know ahead of time how good or bad a console is, and thus already people will say 'yay' or 'nay'. Now, if the consoles are both good, then obviously there will be a lot of 'yays', as in, people opening the lockboxes for those consoles, either to use, or sell on the exchange. Perfect example being the Plasmonic leech box. People knew way ahead of time just how good PL is, so of course a ton of folks started using it. If both consoles are 'bad', then fewer people will be interested in buying it and using it.

Now, presuming they don't add more lower tier C-store ships, there are only so many tier 1-4 C-store ships on both Fed and KDF. So eventually they would run out. But on the other hand, they can make as many new consoles as they wish.

Thus, their choice: Limited C-store ship consoles, but a bit more guaranteed numbers (however few or many that is), or a new console, but a total shot in the dark with how many will sell?
    edited November 2013
    Last time I talked about console trades the thread got locked (and part of me wish this one would get locked too).

Cross-faction consoles favored one faction over the other and I don't mean with the power of consoles. I mean in numbers. Starfleet got more consoles to trade with, so the cross-faction consoles are kind of flawed from the get go. KDF gets new ships to trade consoles to starfleet for or and I like this way more, they stick to their guns and keep making new consoles.

Also I think the Elachi console sold well once word of mouth got out for it. It's a nice bit of tech, hate being on the end of one but have to say it is a good tool to have. Note: I don't have it.

I have not seen the new Voth console in action yet but it sometime. You will hear the shouts of "nerf" and know it is as good as the AA