test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Textures/Icons in season 8 *FIX INCOMING See post 608 page 61*

Comments

• dukat1968dukat1968 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am getting more than a little fed up with this. Despite all the issues raised here nothing has been said, much less done about this. Avoiding the sphere completely is a waste of time, as I still get a maximum of 45 minutes till I have to exit the game, regardless of which toon I use. I hate being a naysayer, but the lack of a resolution is now becoming as infuriating as the problem itself. My solution is to vote with my wallet, and I will not spend another penny till this problem is resolved. I have tried to tell myself the powers that be have their hands full with the plethora of problems that have presented, but my patience has reached its limit.
  • dgtlrnn042dgtlrnn042 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One more Captain experiencing this problem, please Fix
  • pozmedley1963pozmedley1963 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am still having the same issues as the original poster and additional issues that are similar if not identical to other people here. For me, it will occur in whatever location I am at after having played for 30 to 45 minutes.

I have never had any issues even similar to this before the S8 update. No changes to my system or card. (Win 7 and ATI video card). I have to agree with others that is frustrating to have to restart the game again and again. I'm confident you'll get it fixed, though. :) The main reason I am posting is that I fear that if this issue isn't causing the game to 'crash', you all aren't getting reports on it and I wanted to show my support and also let you know it's affecting more than just one or two of us.

I have run across smaller issues like the 'Aid the Defari' mission at Defari 3, it doesn't 'cue' until you destroy your first Breen ship and the other 'cues' keep popping up the entire run.

Off topic, in a way...I love this game. I'm just a 50 yo TRIBBLE, with a low end PC, that is on disability and this game (believe it or not) helps to keep me sane as I am homebound. I hate having to mention I have any issues at all. Overall, you guys have been great with this. You all must have some thick skin from some of the comments I have seen over the years. I just want to say I really appreciate the effort you all make to improve the game. The little things like the bridges and hallway updates go a long way for me and I am sure a lot of people. That you think to do those kinds of things and not 'settle' for less is great. Keep it up. ;)

I'm gonna go back and play some more now. Thanks for listening.
  • straengestraenge Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Not sure if this is happening for anyone but besides the graphic issue, I am crashing almost hourly now, usually while in areas where the graphics/whiteout starts getting worse while doing various things. (going to a vendor, talking to an NPC, ect.) It's getting to the point where I might change maps twice and it happens now.
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I found that you could do a "reset". It doesn't always work, but the graphics go back to normal when I go to the Create a New Character screen. However, sometimes it comes back a bit afterwards or it comes back very quickly.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • mirrorshatnermirrorshatner Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Very disappointing that Cryptic takes the time to respond twice to the half-resolution thread but won't acknowledge the 5 threads on this gamebreaking issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harmony420harmony420 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Agreed. I try to be paitent with Cryptic as much as possible, I know their hands are full all the time and MMO players are a loud, whiny lot.

But I'd at least like to see acknowledgement of the issue. Half-resolution and costume bugs are annoying....this one is absolutely game breaking.
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The missing textures are definitely appearing in map transitions, playing through the episodes with a toon and on the same map for a while, all was fine. Went to sector space to do some patrol mission to get some exp and with each map transition the missing textures appeared, they also seem to exponentially grow in errors. This to me points to a memory leak/ curupt loading of textures which then causes errors loading more textures. I'm also getting the 'materials reload' error on each map transition.

Come on devs give us a bone at least let us know you are aware of the problem and are working on it.:confused:
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm experiencing similar issues tonight as well... white images, on character select screen as well as ground maps. Never had them before.
  • kumawakamarukumawakamaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same problem here -_-;
  • birdofprey17birdofprey17 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've also been experiencing this issue for the past couple of days. I've had to log out and log back in to fix the problem. Had it happen yesterday while doing the rich dilithium mining claim. The window for the drilling game never appeared so I only received the minimum 2500 dil instead of the full 5000 because I had to press ESC to cancel it.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've had to cut back on my playtime now. I just can't do the constant logging in and out routine. I log in just enough to get my reps going and a quick FE run for the free Lobi before the graphics start messing up. I'd like to play more, but this is a real buzzkill.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Has anyone of you guys heard of an eta on a fix for this one? Is this scheduled to be fixed in tomorrow's maintenence? Cause it's really becomming tedious, the graphics just glitch out in the middle of what I'm doing out of nowhere. Try doing a STF where suddenly the space around you turns all brightly yellow. :(
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Haven't heard anything more on this unfortunately. I've cut my playtime because of this to be honest. I just can't do the constant logging in and out thing.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • georgedpgeorgedp Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have a 4th step on that! After all of the above, everything goes white, space, ship etc...

Don't know if it works or if it is just a random thing but It seem to get back to normal if I change 1-2 maps... Try it. At least now I dont have to restart the game all the time.

Edit: Seems that changing instances also works, I ll try it couple more times to see if it s random or not and i ll get back to you
    scratch that last one, seems to work only when everything goes white only.
  • russellcarussellca Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh well, nothing of, icon & textures over gameplay time, featured within the 21st Nov patch notes. Even the separate issue, of icon (& items) disappearing from pwr tray on user activation,- which was being team investigated from the day after release,- has only been promoted from obscurity to 'known issues' (i.e. no fix yet).

Hopefully there's been some underlying stability improvements (it still feels like a memory leak) that will help matters. Not every change is big or feature-specific enough, to make it to a featured bullet in the patch notes.
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Apparently we're getting a fix with todays patch, here's to hoping.
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
  • bannon3bannon3 Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    litchy74 wrote: »
    The missing textures are definitely appearing in map transitions, playing through the episodes with a toon and on the same map for a while, all was fine. Went to sector space to do some patrol mission to get some exp and with each map transition the missing textures appeared, they also seem to exponentially grow in errors. This to me points to a memory leak/ curupt loading of textures which then causes errors loading more textures. I'm also getting the 'materials reload' error on each map transition.

Come on devs give us a bone at least let us know you are aware of the problem and are working on it.:confused:

This is what I was going to try to say. It usually starts small with some character textures white or a console, then you return to sector space and you are in a sea of white with square pink stars. Although annoying it doesn't seem to affect gameplay I ran around on grey modeled battleground maps yesterday. Looks like they just imported it from 3ds max without any texturing, it was kinda neat at first now it is getting annoying. Hopefully it's a memory leak as was mentioned and the repair with this patch while not necessarily saying anything about it.
    In Space, Cryptic cant hear you scream!!!
    edited November 2013
    On the other thread about this problem in this section some one has posted that it's been mentioned on the beta mac forum that it's an issue with the micro patching entering map,....

Over 2000 views on this it would be nice if a dev could give us a hint if it's even beening worked on, or even if they feel it's an issue.

World of tanks will be getting some of my money this month rather than STO.

edited November 2013
    < 20 mins was all it took post-21st Nov patch to reproduce as before. Was deliberately seeking it out though. Testing to see if there was any undocumented resolution, through invoking map changes in a mini-sector Tour; Sphere and back to ESD.
    Would normally do tasks at each location for about 45min->1hr game time before onset. So overall it feels about the same occurrence rate as before, once taking into account both rushing through + similar no. of map updates.
    edited November 2013
    Yep, I did some of my own testing just a little while ago to see if anything changed in the patch earlier. Same results as before. After 20-40 mins everything messes up just as it did before.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited November 2013
    Here to confirm the problem is still in after 11/21/13 patch. It seemed to take a bit longer, but it's hard to say since we still can't pin down time vs. number of map changes as the exact culprit.

Is "micropatching issue" related to the Material Files Reloaded thing? That error was supposedly just the message itself, but I've got this nagging feeling it's somehow related.
  • ethoirethoir Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same here. I got directed to this thread from the 11/21/2013 patch graphical bugs thread.

Selective missing textures after a period of time, relogging gives temporary relief. The "use post processing" recommendation only partially helps in the way that I just have to start instance hopping to get it working again (and even then it comes back after a short time).

PWE responded to my ticket saying that I would need to come back to the game later while Cryptic checks this out. Or if I don't want to wait, do this that and the other thing. Most of which I already do as a rule (disable on-demand patching for example).

How many people have to yell about this before it gets addressed and fixed?
    edited November 2013
    I had the unenviable joy of finding a related, additional effect last night. A super-combo if you will, of two of the existing reported effects. Seen in ESD shipyard and various crates at Vlugta mining base.

A regular beat, strobing effect, switching between either: a) total white-out or b) another bright single colour 'neon bloom' (aka smurfs, pastels, tron, ghosts, etc) and a very low-res (barely identifiable) but correct texture.

Hung around in the same location for 5 mins to see if it was still going to stabilise on one, or load a correct resolution texture, but saw no change. There was no progress bar sign of any micro-patching going on at the time.

Between this and logging out from a dark space sector to a texture-missing login screen (that is like starring into the sun) I'm surprised no player has experienced a seizure yet!
    edited November 2013
    Great it's now dropped down to 30 minutes before the game becomes unplayable.

I've got 8 toons which I would play 3-4 hours a day now I'm playing 30-45 minutes, this was broken with the season 8 release, the day before 2 years of fine no problems, season 8 graphics curupt after 30 minutes, I played the day before and the day after, my system didn't change so what the hell have you devs done!!!!

And still no official word from the devs. This could be the straw the stopped my wallet!

All I want is a simple ' the problem is been worked on' not the cold shoulder we have got.

edited November 2013
    Great it's now dropped down to 30 minutes before the game becomes unplayable.

I've got 8 toons which I would play 3-4 hours a day now I'm playing 30-45 minutes, this was broken with the season 8 release, the day before 2 years of fine no problems, season 8 graphics curupt after 30 minutes, I played the day before and the day after, my system didn't change so what the hell have you devs done!!!!

And still no official word from the devs. This could be the straw the stopped my wallet!

All I want is a simple ' the problem is been worked on' not the cold shoulder we have got.

• themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    A QUESTION:

Has anyone tried a comprehensive nuke-and-reinstall?

I'm going to try that if the devs don't fix the game before I finish my beer. (soon)
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same issues. I posted screenshots and info in other graphics thread. It starts to happen after about 20 minutes of playtime. Entire planets are without textures, and it's like some maps were just stripped of textures.

This is Earth in a Foundry mission:

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Purity-VI002.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    A QUESTION:

Has anyone tried a comprehensive nuke-and-reinstall?

I'm going to try that if the devs don't fix the game before I finish my beer. (soon)

I tried that first thing when it started. (Day of season 8 launch.) Problem persisted.
  • seniorkafeiseniorkafei Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm still getting this issue after the patch too, and it seemed to happen much faster. I stopped playing for the night, but if this keeps up, I'm really going to have to consider giving up. The Devs still haven't even responded to say whether or not this is under investigation...

Makes you feel kind of hopeless.