test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When the game crashes to the desktop after reaching 75% on the "Cryptic" loading screen, if you wait a moment, a box should pop up telling you that the Client is gathering information and it should have a white box where you can fill in what you were doing when the crash occurred...

Down at the bottom there should be button to the left, button to the right and in between should be an "Error Ticket Id" and then a number.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah I will jack with it.

But where is everyone getting these error codes for their crashes? Is there a log file in my game directory i need to access?

no, cryptic has a crash manager (or monitor) when the game crashes in the cryptic engine a report form pops up on your screen, the error ticket is usually at the bottom
    nerf.jpg]
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When the game crashes to the desktop after reaching 75% on the "Cryptic" loading screen, if you wait a moment, a box should pop up telling you that the Client is gathering information and it should have a white box where you can fill in what you were doing when the crash occurred...

Down at the bottom there should be button to the left, button to the right and in between should be an "Error Ticket Id" and then a number.

Oh that? With the box you type in and click Submit? Yeah that pops up, too. I'll try again and see if it has a number. Any time that box comes up I just ignore it and close it.

EDIT: Nope. Different ticket ID. 14178636. :( Going to unsubscribe from this thread then and go back to drivers., even though NWO, Rift, FF XIV, and all of my other games seem to be working fine. just Season 8 STO is hated by my system :(
    edited November 2013
    Oh that? With the box you type in and click Submit? Yeah that pops up, too. I'll try again and see if it has a number. Any time that box comes up I just ignore it and close it.

EDIT: Nope. Different ticket ID. 14178636. :(

ooo not good

well in one way it could be good, your windows error may not be caused by your driver then,
    it may be in the way the launcher is communicating with your system

fiddling with your nvidia control panel 3d settings while running a 3d graphic may shed some light on that

(purposely try to make it crash)
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    ooo not good

well in one way it could be good, your windows error may not be caused by your driver then,
    it may be in the way the launcher is communicating with your system

I dunno. I thought it was related to the issues here because the symptoms seem to be the same. Error started on Tribble, then followed over to holodeck on release. But the difference is i have a different ticket number than everyone else, I get an error box that pops BEFORE the cryptic error one, and it tells me what is wrong - my graphics card. No one else is getting that. So it is indeed unrelated to this.

I guess I could use it as an excuse to upgrade to a better card :)

Thanks for the help, though. I'll give that driver install program a try.
    edited November 2013
    I dunno. I thought it was related to the issues here because the symptoms seem to be the same. Error started on Tribble, then followed over to holodeck on release. But the difference is i have a different ticket number than everyone else, I get an error box that pops BEFORE the cryptic error one, and it tells me what is wrong - my graphics card. No one else is getting that. So it is indeed unrelated to this.

I guess I could use it as an excuse to upgrade to a better card :)

Thanks for the help, though. I'll give that driver install program a try.

im runing on a puny 512mb radeon x1650pro

your hardwear ain't the problem
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013

your hardwear ain't the problem

ROFL!!! And now Tribble boots for me . . . just can't click anything, but that's because everything is bloody squeezed on only one monitor.

EDIT: Nevermind I fixed the issue with not being able to click on anything. I just had to use a keyboard shortcut to reset the graphics. So Tribble is working.

LOL Why the heck was i getting a different error code than everyone else?
    edited November 2013
    ROFL!!! And now Tribble boots for me . . . just can't click anything, but that's because everything is bloody squeezed on only one monitor.

yep thats likley to happen, if you have properly re-installed your driver, you will likley have to set up your screens as new

as to your error code, havnt got a clue, buut....

YOU'RE IN AND IM NOT!!!!

WAAAAAAAAHHH! (sob, wail, cry) :,(
    nerf.jpg]
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still crashing at the character select window. Error Ticket ID: 25316319
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yep thats likley to happen, if you have properly re-installed your driver, you will have to set up your screens as new

as to your error code, havnt got a clue, buut....

YOU'RE IN AND IM NOT!!!!

WAAAAAAAAHHH! (sob, wail, cry) :,(

There, there don't cry... *proceeds to give captainwh0 a hug* be proud you helped fix someone's issue! That was pretty amazing actually :)...

p.s. i liked the yes we Khhaaaaan! picture better lol
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
    edited November 2013
    There, there don't cry... *proceeds to give captainwh0 a hug* be proud you helped fix someone's issue! That was pretty amazing actually :)...

hehe, well now it's my turn to help, I hope . . . if folks DO get in and get the issue where it seems like their mouse can't click on anything . . . just press ALT + ENTER. it'll reset it and all will be good.
    edited November 2013

it only takes one kind word to make someone's day, thank you!
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Still crashing at the character select window. Error Ticket ID: 25316319

hmm another one i havnt seen. (thinking about making a log)
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013

On yours, does it sometimes crash at the Cryptic Screen and sometimes at Character Select?
    edited November 2013
    On yours, does it sometimes crash at the Cryptic Screen and sometimes at Character Select?

to give more detail, i get the cryptic screen, it fully loads then all goes blank, and for a fleeting second i get a white box on the top left of my screen, then i get dumped back on my desktop and the launcher has closed, then i get the error report box.

same all the way thru all patches, tribble and holodeck
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    to give more detail, i get the cryptic screen, it fully loads then all goes blank, and for a fleeting second i get a white box on the top left of my screen, then i get dumped back on my desktop and the launcher has closed, then i get the error report box.

same all the way thru all patches, tribble and holodeck

Now that you mention it, I was getting that white box also. The odd part is AFTER Tribble was patched it still happened. It did so after my updates and everything. It was just a random re-try to see if I read the error code wrong that it somehow worked, so maybe they are getting it fixed without having to do patch downloads through the process? I'd keep trying Tribble and see if you get in. And if so be prepared for that wierd resolution . . . don;t forget ALT+ENTER when they do fix it for you.

Hope that helps. You helped me so least I can do is put out what I stumbled across :)

Goodnight and be safe. Time to sleep for work in the morning.
    edited November 2013

no that is an older number... in fact that's my number they had been getting in with only acidy graphics... Yikes... please don't let us go in reverse.... this is so not good... i can get you a log... going back thru for the double check in a few made it up to 100 on my lists :)
    could have been done if i didn't stop to laugh at the humorous posts I find lol

and as to the kind words, you are welcome... you have been a gr8 help to us in this... intelligent and witty to boot... 2 thumbs up!
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
    edited November 2013
    no that is an older number... in fact that's my number they had been getting in with only acidy graphics... Yikes... please don't let us go in reverse.... this is so not good... i can get you a log... going back thru for the double check in a few made it up to 100 on my lists :)
    could have been done if i didn't stop to laugh at the humorous posts I find lol

and as to the kind words, you are welcome... you have been a gr8 help to us in this... intelligent and witty to boot... 2 thumbs up!

oh your allready making a list? so am i how far are you? im making a list and numbering players on here and listing there reported error codes
    nerf.jpg]
  • txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just noticed that.. everyone is getting the same number.. is this a Joke?..

Patience, it will pay off eventually.
    Just a thought, is there any way to ask brandon if he will ask the devs to make a

"persistent officer" accolade, or perhaps a title that will show on our visible stats?

I'm a little taken aback by how my Persistent Officer title idea has taken on with you guys... pretty cool that at least one persistent joke has been thought of as useful. It would be magnificently awesome to meet some of you in game this way.
    aletodis wrote: »
    Guys, here is another giveaway (mirror universe outfits)
    http://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/star-trek-online-free-uniform4?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+freemmogamer+%28MMOBomb.com%29

Maybe with this it's more easy keep waiting :P

I am very grateful for your sharing these with us, aletodis!
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
    edited November 2013
    txspartan wrote: »

I'm a little taken aback by how my Persistent Officer title idea has taken on with you guys... pretty cool that at least one persistent joke has been thought of as useful. It would be magnificently awesome to meet some of you in game this way.

Hey, if you make gold, we are going to want some of it aren't we
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Hey, if you make gold, we are going to want some of it aren't we

You want gold? ;)
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Diverging slightly...

I don't know about those costume links, guys, doesn't that come dangerously close to violating the whole 'third-party' thing in the TOS? I wouldn't want to be banned over a costume, so I don't know if I'd feel safe using them...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • draconissnoctumdraconissnoctum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

your hardware ain't the problem

I wondered about my hardware to begin with also, and i guess i never asked to see if anyone else got a timeout error before the crash to desktop at the cryptic screen?
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    proud member of 18897741 still here
    edited November 2013
    I wondered about my hardware to begin with also, and i guess i never asked to see if anyone else got a timeout error before the crash to desktop at the cryptic screen?

what did the timout error say on the Details drop down?

(no i havnt had that)
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Diverging slightly...

I don't know about those costume links, guys, doesn't that come dangerously close to violating the whole 'third-party' thing in the TOS? I wouldn't want to be banned over a costume, so I don't know if I'd feel safe using them...

?Que?
    Quoi?
    What?
    Wat?
    Was?
    Che?
    что?
    edited November 2013
    Diverging slightly...

not 3d party, they are STO promotions, mine was from STO facebook. they use STO uneque reclaim codes, no worries its safe
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    oh your allready making a list? so am i how far are you? im making a list and numbering players on here and listing there reported error codes

I'm up to page 105... really goes fast.... I plan to alphabetize my list but I am also listing by page on which they entered... if you want we can compare after, and thanks for picking up the numbers, as i might have mentioned, numbers and my brain don't mix... :D
  • draconissnoctumdraconissnoctum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what did the timout error say on the Details drop down?

(no i havnt had that)

I have to check it on a different computer so ill do it in the morning...I did however send that information along with my ticket so hopefully they will figure it out as well...
    edited November 2013
    I'm up to page 105... really goes fast.... I plan to alphabetize my list but I am also listing by page on which they entered... if you want we can compare after, and thanks for picking up the numbers, as i might have mentioned, numbers and my brain don't mix... :D

im autistic and dyslesic (not numbers) im listing ppl in order of posts no repeats

posting error number along with names and putting on sepecial events and days posted.

so we dont undermine each other, i will send my coppy to you when im finished. and we can co-relate data
    nerf.jpg]
This discussion has been closed.