test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Intel IG on an Intel Atom 1.67 Ghz Processor inside of a Toshiba NN550 Netbook.

Used to run STO until the 10/08/13 Crash than between that fix and the Season 8 crash.

intell 2.20 core duo(4.40GHZ), radon x1650pro 4 gig ram win 7 prof +linux mint
    nerf.jpg]
  • holger591973holger591973 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Holodeck crash ticket number: # 18897741

Tribble crash ticket number: # 18897741 gepatcht at 20.11.13 04:33
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    just one question first off what types of graphics cards do you guys have... mine is a different number 25316319... and i have nividia we are getting in well not me yet trying... just a thought that might be what different id's involved mean...(yes they are id tags)...

My number: # 18897741

And my system specs:

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3000+
    1,80 GHz , 2 GB RAM
    ATI Radeon X1600 / X1650 Series
    Windows XP Service Pack 3
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Number 18897741.

Gateway laptop with Windows Vista and an Intel processor with integrated video card and one gb of ram.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the post-"today's Tribble patch" reports, Captains. As noted in the release notes for today's Tribble build, work is continuing on tracking additional crashes involving graphics related issues.

Aside from a few one-off crash numbers, 18897741 is still outstanding per your reports. The team that can work on the issue related to 18897741 (as well as the other one-off numbers still outstanding) will continue to do so. Please watch Tribble patch notes for further updates as they will be noted there. I'll do my best to update this thread at the same time Tribble notes go live but sometimes I am in a meeting and can't do it at the exact same time, so my apologies in advance.

To recap, now that we've tracked down the issue and are making great steps towards a resolution for all that are still crashing with numbers other than what have been fixed, please watch Tribble notes for updates + I will update the thread around the time notes go up, or as soon after as possible.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • aletodisaletodis Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks Brandon!

Guys, here is another giveaway (mirror universe outfits)
    http://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/star-trek-online-free-uniform4?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+freemmogamer+%28MMOBomb.com%29

Maybe with this it's more easy keep waiting :P
    edited November 2013
    aletodis wrote: »
    Thanks Brandon!

Guys, here is another giveaway (mirror universe outfits)
    http://www.mmobomb.com/giveaway/star-trek-online-free-uniform4?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+freemmogamer+%28MMOBomb.com%29

Maybe with this it's more easy keep waiting :P

YEY! (requires registration to mmobomb but...) YEY

PS: thanks for keeping up the communication brandon
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    Just a thought, is there any way to ask brandon if he will ask the devs to make a

"persistent officer" accolade, or perhaps a title that will show on our visible stats?
    nerf.jpg]
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I got Uniforms! *might use them for fun on one or two Bridge Officers*

And thanks Brandon! I would not mind such a title...and also to the Team that worked on this. Make sure D Stahl gives you guys the weekend from Friday to Sunday off.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, after seeing a thread that is up to 180+ pages i thought i was not alone, as my crashes started at the same time. however my CTD since the release of the expansion is completely different from everyone else. mine is unique, so I may have to start reinstalling Windows to cure mine.

Everyone here has error codes. mine is just a windows message.

I hope you all get your issue fixed soon, guys. Off to fix mine with other tactics.
    edited November 2013
    Well, after seeing a thread that is up to 180+ pages i thought i was not alone, as my crashes started at the same time. however my CTD since the release of the expansion is completely different from everyone else. mine is unique, so I may have to start reinstalling Windows to cure mine.

Everyone here has error codes. mine is just a windows message.

http://faelandaea.com/custom_images/Error.jpg

I hope you all get your issue fixed soon, guys. Off to fix mine with other tactics.

DONT re-install windows,

check your registry first, if you dont get results

then remove current graphics card driver, let windows install its defalt, if that dont work then go to the nvidia site and download the offcial driver.

if you want more info, or better instructions, pm me
    nerf.jpg]
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, just got around to updating Tribble to see if it works for me, and no dice.

I think the error code is different, tho, so that is something.

Code# 18897741
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited November 2013
    Well, just got around to updating Tribble to see if it works for me, and no dice.

I think the error code is different, tho, so that is something.

Code# 18897741

thats the common one thats floating around at the mo
    nerf.jpg]
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    thats the common one thats floating around at the mo
    Aye, but I had one that started with a 2 last week. :)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
    edited November 2013
    DONT re-install windows,

check your registry first, if you dont get results

then remove current graphics card driver, let windows install its defalt, if that dont work then go to the nvidia site and download the offcial driver.

if you want more info, or better instructions, pm me

I use CCleaner and Windows 7 Manager to maintain registry cleanliness. I did just now install an updated driver for Nvidia. No dice. Same error. This happened to me only on Tribble, and i was able to play Holodeck just fine. But when the season released live, now no game at all for me.

For me it is corrupt drivers. has to be. Otherwise i would be getting the same error codes this thread is reporting. The only way to clean such files is to format and wipe them. Windows holds on to too much "junk", so there is no such thing as a complete wipe of a driver, unfortunately.
    edited November 2013
    Aye, but I had one that started with a 2 last week. :)

that just means one problem has been fixed, and now you are waiting on another, we are quite fortunate actually because that's the mast common one

that is the one that the most likley to get fixed first

(thats and auful lotta "thats" for one post):D
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013

For me it is corrupt drivers. has to be. Otherwise i would be getting the same error codes this thread is reporting. The only way to clean such files is to format and wipe them. Windows holds on to too much "junk", so there is no such thing as a complete wipe of a driver, unfortunately.

try this

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

its what i use

you can also do it thru device manager, by finding your device and then uninstalling it. windows will reload the defalt.

and nvidia are usually pretty good for driver descovery and updates

oh, and be careful with ccleaner it can sometimes make your pc "forget" it has a dvd/cd rom
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    try this

https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

its what i use

you can also do it thru device manager, by finding your device and then uninstalling it. windows will reload the defalt.

and nvidia are usually pretty good for driver descovery and updates

Nice. I like the look of that program, but from what i am reading it is for updating drivers. Can't roll back with that.

I just wish i knew what is STO's Season 8 triggered an issue with my drivers. And I wish i could tell if maybe it IS similar to what people are experiencing here, and my computer is just reacting differently.

Currently I have updated to 331.82 GeForce R331 Game ready Driver, which is why i am thinking something else is corrupt in my system or maybe the issues in this thread are triggering something odd on my screen.
    edited November 2013
    Nice. I like the look of that program, but from what i am reading it is for updating drivers. Can't roll back with that.

I just wish i knew what is STO's Season 8 triggered an issue with my drivers. And I wish i could tell if maybe it IS similar to what people are experiencing here, and my computer is just reacting differently.

Currently I have updated to 331.82 GeForce R331 Game ready Driver, which is why i am thinking something else is corrupt in my system or maybe the issues in this thread are triggering something odd on my screen.

it also checks for driver stability, you cant install one driver on top of another to make a corrupt entry go away, you need to uninstall (device manager) in windows first, THEN do it.

also you should have the nvidia control panel, fiddle with the 3d settings in there and see if an error pops up,
    then you may have the opportunity to send an error report of to nvidia, and you may be lucky enough to get an automatic fix

im only thinking that if you re-install, you may loose data you forgot about and you would have to re-install the game, i would imagine your patience is already thin, it may not be an idea to stretch it any more.
    you may lose intarest
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    it also checks for driver stability, you cant install one driver on top of another to make a corrupt entry go away, you need to uninstall (device manager) in windows first, THEN do it.

also you should have the nvidia control panel, fiddle with the 3d settings in there and see if an error pops up,
    then you may have the opportunity to send an error report of to nvidia, and you may be lucky enough to get an automatic fix

Yeah I will jack with it.

But where is everyone getting these error codes for their crashes? Is there a log file in my game directory i need to access?
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When the game crashes to the desktop after reaching 75% on the "Cryptic" loading screen, if you wait a moment, a box should pop up telling you that the Client is gathering information and it should have a white box where you can fill in what you were doing when the crash occurred...

Down at the bottom there should be button to the left, button to the right and in between should be an "Error Ticket Id" and then a number.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited November 2013
    Yeah I will jack with it.

But where is everyone getting these error codes for their crashes? Is there a log file in my game directory i need to access?

no, cryptic has a crash manager (or monitor) when the game crashes in the cryptic engine a report form pops up on your screen, the error ticket is usually at the bottom
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    When the game crashes to the desktop after reaching 75% on the "Cryptic" loading screen, if you wait a moment, a box should pop up telling you that the Client is gathering information and it should have a white box where you can fill in what you were doing when the crash occurred...

Down at the bottom there should be button to the left, button to the right and in between should be an "Error Ticket Id" and then a number.

Oh that? With the box you type in and click Submit? Yeah that pops up, too. I'll try again and see if it has a number. Any time that box comes up I just ignore it and close it.

EDIT: Nope. Different ticket ID. 14178636. :( Going to unsubscribe from this thread then and go back to drivers., even though NWO, Rift, FF XIV, and all of my other games seem to be working fine. just Season 8 STO is hated by my system :(
    edited November 2013
    Oh that? With the box you type in and click Submit? Yeah that pops up, too. I'll try again and see if it has a number. Any time that box comes up I just ignore it and close it.

EDIT: Nope. Different ticket ID. 14178636. :(

ooo not good

well in one way it could be good, your windows error may not be caused by your driver then,
    it may be in the way the launcher is communicating with your system

fiddling with your nvidia control panel 3d settings while running a 3d graphic may shed some light on that

(purposely try to make it crash)
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    ooo not good

well in one way it could be good, your windows error may not be caused by your driver then,
    it may be in the way the launcher is communicating with your system

I dunno. I thought it was related to the issues here because the symptoms seem to be the same. Error started on Tribble, then followed over to holodeck on release. But the difference is i have a different ticket number than everyone else, I get an error box that pops BEFORE the cryptic error one, and it tells me what is wrong - my graphics card. No one else is getting that. So it is indeed unrelated to this.

I guess I could use it as an excuse to upgrade to a better card :)

Thanks for the help, though. I'll give that driver install program a try.
    edited November 2013
    I dunno. I thought it was related to the issues here because the symptoms seem to be the same. Error started on Tribble, then followed over to holodeck on release. But the difference is i have a different ticket number than everyone else, I get an error box that pops BEFORE the cryptic error one, and it tells me what is wrong - my graphics card. No one else is getting that. So it is indeed unrelated to this.

I guess I could use it as an excuse to upgrade to a better card :)

Thanks for the help, though. I'll give that driver install program a try.

im runing on a puny 512mb radeon x1650pro

your hardwear ain't the problem
    nerf.jpg]
    edited November 2013
    im runing on a puny 512mb radeon x1650pro

your hardwear ain't the problem

ROFL!!! And now Tribble boots for me . . . just can't click anything, but that's because everything is bloody squeezed on only one monitor.

EDIT: Nevermind I fixed the issue with not being able to click on anything. I just had to use a keyboard shortcut to reset the graphics. So Tribble is working.

LOL Why the heck was i getting a different error code than everyone else?
    edited November 2013
    ROFL!!! And now Tribble boots for me . . . just can't click anything, but that's because everything is bloody squeezed on only one monitor.

yep thats likley to happen, if you have properly re-installed your driver, you will likley have to set up your screens as new

as to your error code, havnt got a clue, buut....

YOU'RE IN AND IM NOT!!!!

WAAAAAAAAHHH! (sob, wail, cry) :,(
    nerf.jpg]
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Still crashing at the character select window. Error Ticket ID: 25316319
  • halfpint71kyhalfpint71ky Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    yep thats likley to happen, if you have properly re-installed your driver, you will have to set up your screens as new

as to your error code, havnt got a clue, buut....

YOU'RE IN AND IM NOT!!!!

WAAAAAAAAHHH! (sob, wail, cry) :,(

There, there don't cry... *proceeds to give captainwh0 a hug* be proud you helped fix someone's issue! That was pretty amazing actually :)...

p.s. i liked the yes we Khhaaaaan! picture better lol
    Proud Member of the Order of persistence, Chief of Investigations"Persistent Officer"since 11/12/13...:P 600 strong and growing...all phages, vidians, other outcasts welcome, note: all new members BYOC (bring your own chair) please and thank you! Five time winner in 1st and 2nd annual last 500 tied for top 2000 @halfpint71ky
This discussion has been closed.