test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Player created PVP in foundry?

shanksboyshanksboy Member Posts: 42 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Would it be possible for Cryptic to allow us to make foundry maps for custom PVP.

There not intending to introduce any new PVP maps/content so why cant they allow us to do the work.....Thoughts
Post edited by shanksboy on

Comments

• aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Old idea.

Was given to Cryptic shortly after Foundry went live.

Never went anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • dirtyharib0dirtyharib0 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Shame on you reggy! If we all spent less time QQing on the forums and supported the good ideas like this (and random/balenced/un-teamed ques) then we might actaully have them.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its a wonderful idea.

I wish Cryptic would put a team to work on adding new PvP content.
    But if they are short staffed, then why not let the users create content...

Look at how successful user content is (still is) for Starcraft 1
    and, Star Trek BRIDGE COMMANDER, I know people who still play BC...

Anyway, I agree, its a fantastic idea.

What I'd like to see in PvP;
    - Free for All
    - Team Death Match - Hardcore (No Heals - No Respawns) You get knocked out...you wait
    - Multiple Team Deathmatch (4 teams of 4 - or 8 teams of 2) Hardcore and non Hardcore
    - Starbase Defence (one team of 4 protect a starbase VS 8 - 12 KDF) or Vice Versa

- Also more Ker'Rat type zones.

The PvP also needs monthly tourney's -- Rewards for the winning team could be Dil, Ec or even Zen if Cryptic feels generous.
    Lord knows this would help bring in more PvP'ers, and that exactly what Cryptic needs to do, create more Buzz around PvP...Most ppl in my flees dont even bother, because they feel its "Too Hard" or they get stuck fighting premade teams, who use every emploit in the book.
    NO PREMADES VS RANDOM TEAMS..(This discourages the random players from even trying PvP ever again)
    PREMADE VS PREMADE ONLY

I for one would love to see new PvP content, the only thing this game needs is an update in the PvP department...
    Enough with the new reps already. They are not helping...only making PvP more restrictive.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • wolfexile1wolfexile1 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its a wonderful idea.

I wish Cryptic would put a team to work on adding new PvP content.
    But if they are short staffed, then why not let the users create content...

Look at how successful user content is (still is) for Starcraft 1
    and, Star Trek BRIDGE COMMANDER, I know people who still play BC...

Anyway, I agree, its a fantastic idea.

What I'd like to see in PvP;
    - Free for All
    - Team Death Match - Hardcore (No Heals - No Respawns) You get knocked out...you wait
    - Multiple Team Deathmatch (4 teams of 4 - or 8 teams of 2) Hardcore and non Hardcore
    - Starbase Defence (one team of 4 protect a starbase VS 8 - 12 KDF) or Vice Versa

- Also more Ker'Rat type zones.

The PvP also needs monthly tourney's -- Rewards for the winning team could be Dil, Ec or even Zen if Cryptic feels generous.
    Lord knows this would help bring in more PvP'ers, and that exactly what Cryptic needs to do, create more Buzz around PvP...Most ppl in my flees dont even bother, because they feel its "Too Hard" or they get stuck fighting premade teams, who use every emploit in the book.
    NO PREMADES VS RANDOM TEAMS..(This discourages the random players from even trying PvP ever again)
    PREMADE VS PREMADE ONLY

I for one would love to see new PvP content, the only thing this game needs is an update in the PvP department...
    Enough with the new reps already. They are not helping...only making PvP more restrictive.

No. No more ker'rats.. We don't want to spread the main PvP base even further.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I dont mind Ker'rat, but yes, you make a very good point (hadnt thought of that). It would indeed thin out the PvP queues.
    Probably not a great idea. :P
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Shame on you reggy! If we all spent less time QQing on the forums and supported the good ideas like this (and random/balenced/un-teamed ques) then we might actaully have them.

No we wouldn't.

Back when the DS9 FE was released, there was talk (even a blog post if I remember) of the facility map being made available for PvP. As you can probably tell, nothing came of that.

Earlier than that they experimented with a new open PvP zone. It was an honourable attempt and I take my hats off to the devs for atleast trying (I suspect it was something a dev was trying to put together during his free time). However, nothing came of it.

Right when the game was first released we had another space PvP map/mode. Problem was it was bugged and instead of fixing it, it was removed.

As such I can't see them doing anything with PvP.

Am I annoyed at this? Heck yeah I am, rather bitter infact (as are many a PvPer). However I do understand that as a business they have to prioritize. This is why PvP and the KDF get the shaft so much, they just aren't popular enough with players to be prioritized.

Shame really, since if PvP had been given decent support right from the off it could have been so much more popular.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    Yeah PvP maps in the Foundry is a bit pie in the sky at this time. Geko even said in one of his myriad interviews that it was not on the radar.

However there are some opportunities for what you might call "Non-combat PvP." I know of one particularly good example where an author created a race track. You get 5 of your friends together in the fastest ships you got and race around a tunnel-like figure eight race track. You could also make like a ground maze with multiple paths to a finish line to see who can get there first. Things like that.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • pulserazorpulserazor Member Posts: 590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    First thing I would create would be a map with about 50 km of metreon gas clouds at the ceiling of the map. Now go ahead and bully my team into prolonged respawns by forcing us to spiral to the top.

Then I would create a map in the badlands where at anytime a navigational error could break your ship in half. Lets see you draw the match out to 120 minutes now.