test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unbearable gameplay

tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
edited December 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Shortly after the release of season 8 I noticed a bunch of highly irritating and detrimental bugs (in addition with some old bugs) that makes the game look kind of laughable at the moment.

I keep seeing players crash from, let's say an STF, much more than before. I often seem to join an STF where there are only 3 players present instead of the regular/avarage 5.

I think the entire stack of space-consumables disappearing after usage of only one consumable from inventory has already been reported. I almost beat Hive onslaught elite with 3 players... almost because the life-saving batteries disappeared from the inventory... and got my behind whooped one too many times to continue. Yes there are work-arounds to this problem right now, but that's not the point.

Also please remove that respawn cooldown from Hive Onslaught, it serves only to aggravate. I'm not talking about the respawn timer, but shortly after you respawn you can't hit full impulse immediately, have to wait a couple of secs first.

Also in example I recently lost a Hive ground STF as well in a very similar fashion because I kept failing to revive my teammates during a heated moment with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation... which is now even more broken after the new season patches. Now considering this problem came since the beginning, how about a christmas surprise soon: just make it simple enough to work on let's say a 2 meter circle radius anywhere near a fallen comrade and you're done.
Post edited by tremere12 on

Comments

• kelryerkelryer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Adding to your post, the menu bars are also broken.

For some unknown reason (probably due to half-assed coding) the 3 bars get stuck and ypu cannot change them. Say for example that you have set your powers and consumables on bars 1 to 3 and slipstream drive and other non essentials on bar #4. Clicking on the arrow to change one of them works well the first try but then, if you need to change them again they get stuck and you cannot access your powers/abilities/consumables until you restart the game.

Also, if you press ctrl + 1,2,... 0 after starting a fight on a mission or whatever the game crashes.

Also, the dilitium store bug (the one that prevented you from buying stuff from the dil store and that was supposedly fixed months ago) is back so some of us cannot buy Jem hangar pets and other stuff.

Way to go Cryptic!

You take one step forward and like five steps backward. You even necrobugged the game (yep, I just made that word to refer to the act of resurrecting dead bugs).

Hope one day these morons coding for the game either fix those issues or die.
  • dragonsbitedragonsbite Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There are so many bugs it's rather scary. Oddly though the game is now more stable for me then it ever was in the past. Win7 64 bit and using the new DX11 option in the video options. I've not had a crash since season 8 was released. Prior to Season 8 it crashed at least once a day if i played several hours straight. Now if they can fix this for everyone they'd be rockin.
    U.S. ARMY CAVALRY SCOUT/DRAGOON DISABLED VETERAN
  • tremere12tremere12 Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Guys... after the recent patch the items still dissappear for me... and I get these cool drug-like graphic glitches every now and then. Here's a screen I just took:

http://nl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=67ts1k&s=5#.Uo5Q6OJq8pE

I know it's all fun and trippy, but can we have some kind of STABILITY already? Thank you.
  • testercztestercz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have too this trippy glitch after latest patch.

Pictures:
    https://plus.google.com/photos/101103642101912814896/albums/5949421392542504465

I hope for quick fix of this problem.

(Sorry for my english)
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Looks like what I get in Garry's Mod when I'm missing the sky for some reason.

Have no idea why that happens, but it's very confusing.
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Since the Season Eight patches....

Galaxy map broken, disappearing consumables, power tray for space being reset on occasion, being kicked from the game more than usual, and the cosmic acid trip graphics glitch are all of the problems I have been seeing on my end.
    edited November 2013
    Some good news is that the graphic glitches now completely stopped after downloading latest driver and turning anti-aliasing off, and then on.

Forgot to mention that some ground consumables also disappear...

PS: Fix the "mine enemy" hidden door bug already...
  • tanina2tanina2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm glad to see I am not the only one having problems with Funky Space as well as missing consumables. Now all we need is Cosmic to look at these posts and do something about it, besides adding more missions to mess up.
    edited November 2013
    Seeing the patch fix a few issues, I'm glad, though it isn't over yet. I'l state also that the exchange search isn't what it used to be... and I'm sure others can relate.

It's like it lost about 30 IQ points with Acute Mental Confusion thrown in due to some severe head trauma.
    edited December 2013
    I still see players (who either have half-assed connection/computers, or cyptic's infamous programming strikes again) crash, freeze, hang, fail to enter query, connect late and so on in stf's like in my initial post before the recent patches - all what seemed to have starded since season 8.

I seriously never crash myself though, and didn't crash before legacy of Romulus either. I'm using a newer ATI Radeon, a legal copy of windows 7 64 and stream from western europe.
This discussion has been closed.