test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boff Space Traits

fbreprimefbreprime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Academy
Before I go investing in the Embassy boffs that you can't customize, I just want to see if my understanding of Space traits is correct on the Fed side. Tell me if I'm wrong on any of this:

Leadership - Improves hull regen a bit and offline power restore rate. Did stack, didn't stack, sounds like it was broke. Last I heard, it does stack.

Efficient - Improves power levels. The lower the level, the better the increase. Doesn't work on powers at or above 75. Stacks, but not very well.

Romulan Operative - Increases crtH and crtD, decreases stealth cooldown, etc.

Subterfuge - Improves stealth and defense and cloak related boosts. Does not stack.

As far as I know, that's the only space traits I can get for boffs on the Fed side. I know there's Veteran out there for those that were around for it, but no such luck for me. I'm guessing I could get a Nausicaan with Pirate through the diplomacy, but I hear that trait is still broken.

For a space crew on an Avenger, I'm thinking:

Cmd Eng - Human with Leadership or Borg with Efficient
LtC Tac - Romulan with Superior Romulan Operative
Lt Tac - Romulan with Superior Romulan Operative
Lt Sci - Romulan with Superior Subterfuge
En Tac - Romulan with Superior Romulan Operative

So I'm basing that off of Operative DOES stack, the others don't or not really worth stacking. What do you think?

Thanks
I am Elachi! All other sentient lifeforms must bow before Elachi! Yo soy Elachi! For those of you who don't "habla Iconoa", Elachi is Iconian for.. The Achi!
Post edited by fbreprime on

Comments

• stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Does SRO only stack to 3? do you not get any benefit from additional SROs or is there a DR?

Also does the boff slot that has SRO matter? does it have to be your tac boffs? or are they usually assigned to tac boffs so that the engineer boffs can get something else like leadership or efficient?
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stonewbie wrote: »
    Does SRO only stack to 3? do you not get any benefit from additional SROs or is there a DR?

Also does the boff slot that has SRO matter? does it have to be your tac boffs? or are they usually assigned to tac boffs so that the engineer boffs can get something else like leadership or efficient?

im pretty sure SRO only stacts with Advanced RO and basic RO, but doesnt stack with itself.
    space abilities: doesnt really matter who has them (remember, BO traits are limited by species, not every species has access to every trait.), ground abilities on the other hand are tied to the officer, meaning you dont want a tac officer that has a trait that improves healing abilities.
  • v12qboronyv12qborony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I heard all romulan operatives even all SRO stack, but Infiltrator doesnt stack on BOs, unless your using the different types like Sup Inf, Inf, and Basic Inf those will stack.

My question though is I have the Superior Subterfuge trait will this stack with Infiltrator, for defense, and will a normal Subterfuge stack with the superior?
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I made some comparisons and here is what i found on my Rom Fed

Keep in mind Romulan Players can trait into Romulan Operative as well. The ship I did the comparisons on was a Tvaro retrofit. Four Romulan boffs, one Reman boff...2 Sci, 2 Tac, 1 eng (the reman is my eng). And of course all my Romulans are SRO/Sub and my 1 Reman is Sub/Sup Infiltrator.

x4 SRO increased my crit by 8% (2% each)
    x4 SRO increased my severity by 20% (5% each)

x5 Subterfuge increased my defense by 12.5% (2.5% each)
    x1 Superior Infiltrator increased my defense by another 3.8%
    Total defense = 16.3% increase

cloak to decloak cooldown = base 18 seconds (would be 20sec if my actual toon didnt have Rom Operative trait)
    +1 SRO/Subterfuge = 16 seconds
    +2 SRO/Subterfuge = 14 seconds
    +3 SRO/Subterfuge = 12 seconds
    +4 SRO/Subterfuge = 12 seconds

Superior Infiltrator increases decloak ambush duration from 5 seconds to 15 seconds

Damage increase after decloaking not affected by boffs. I do get an increase after decloaking and it lasts as long as the ambush duration but i get that bonus whether i have my full boff crew at their stations or the stations are empty. The increase is just from the enhanced battle cloak it looks like. Either the damage from Subterfuge isnt displaying correctly, isnt factored into the displayed weapon damage, or it gets overridden by the romulan battlecloak bonus which is +25% damage after decloaking. Regular subterfuge only shows +20% damage increase after decloaking on the wiki. Regarding whether it stacks, i'm guessing no...because if you add up all the damage increase after decloak traits and ship traits thats 125% damage increase and that seems like a bit much. So thats why i'm guessing it doesnt stack.

The stat info can be found on gamepedia if you search for Romulan Operative, Subterfuge and Infiltrator. My info matches up with theirs, but i just wanted to post it all to let people know what does and doesnt stack.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Pirate has been (apparently) fixed and now shows properly as a space trait. Many KDF players are chuffed by this, I know I am :D
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016