test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    kyledewitt wrote: »
    So if your electricity is out do to a storm or something would you be okay with the electric company neglecting to complete it's repairs just because it's a weekend.

this one depends... its saturday or sunday???
    in here if we have a power outage on sunday... only fixed on monday
    if its saturday... its fixed saturday...

welcome to Brazil :cool:

besides this depends wich dev team we are talking about...
    sure that they have some one working today but not a normal staff just an skeleton crew to keep the server running on the weekend...
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • kyledewittkyledewitt Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sch3ff3l wrote: »
    this one depends... its saturday or sunday???
    in here if we have a power outage on sunday... only fixed on monday
    if its saturday... its fixed saturday...

welcome to Brazil :cool:

besides this depends wich dev team we are talking about...
    sure that they have some one working today but not a normal staff just an skeleton crew to keep the server running on the weekend...

Plus take into account the week they knew about the problem. So essentially it's like your out of power for over a week and they refuse to work on the weekend. You're also not given any kind of ETA. You're going to tell me you're okay with this?
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    kyle, I don't know what country you live in, but here in the United States, public utilities like power and water work on the weekend to repair such things. At least, here in Michigan, they do.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • captainpurplecaptainpurple Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Day five and still waiting. Season 8: Watching My Desktop isn't very interesting.
    free jkname
    bergins wrote:
    "General Server Stability" means they are bolting the servers to the floor, right? Wouldn't you be upset if Branflakes were to go stumbling into the server room, knock a rack over, and bring the game down for a DAY? SO, they aren't scrwing it up, they are bolting it down.
  • wanderernotlostwanderernotlost Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So if your electricity is out do to a storm or something would you be okay with the electric company neglecting to complete it's repairs just because it's a weekend.

Kyle buddy is that you? Where have you been? I have not seen or heard from you since the Great Crash of 10/03/13. Other than the crashing of season 8 update, how ya been? A belated welcome to club 18897741 aka the fleet of the damned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SPACE, THE PRISON OF INFINITY, THE LOST FRONTIER
  • captclazoruscaptclazorus Member Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    it simply is not loading the game after the Cryptic screen. It crashes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Star Trek: Rubicon" Season 1, Season 2 A new era, a new time, a new crew, a new ship, a new mission...
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again."- Jean-Luc Picard
    edited November 2013
    kemcha wrote: »
    kyle, I don't know what country you live in, but here in the United States, public utilities like power and water work on the weekend to repair such things. At least, here in Michigan, they do.

I do as well in Arkansas. I'm using it as a comparison, although I know electric companies do in fact work on the weekends (I know this from the ice storm back in 2009). Just think though if they knew there was a problem but decided they wouldn't work on the weekend because it's their time off, despite customers being negatively affected. Cryptic has known about this current issue since before it hit Holodeck, and their taking their sweet, sweet time and even taking their weekends off. This also shows why Obamacare is better, at least they might lie and give constant so called 'updates' even if their not true. Here we haven't gotten anything but "be patient". That shows how much they appreciate their customers when they let a defective update be released to live.
    edited November 2013
    Kyle buddy is that you? Where have you been? I have not seen or heard from you since the Great Crash of 10/03/13. Other than the crashing of season 8 update, how ya been? A belated welcome to club 18897741 aka the fleet of the damned.

I've been doing fine and playing until Cryptic's latest scheme. I was trying to see how long I could last before I decided I couldn't keep my anger caged up any longer.
    edited November 2013
    I've been doing fine and playing until Cryptic's latest scheme. I was trying to see how long I could last before I decided I couldn't keep my anger caged up any longer.

Yeah, me too. Been playing "spider under the table" aka fly on the wall here in the forum. Not posting much. Just watching, and laughing otherwise I'd be crying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited November 2013
    Yeah, me too. Been playing "spider under the table" aka fly on the wall here in the forum. Not posting much. Just watching, and laughing otherwise I'd be crying.

I made one other post prior to today, but I can't remember what page it's on. Hell this has already turned 111 pages old.:eek:
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    for some it may seem pointless, but posting here, no matter how pointless the comment is good for 3 things

1 sanity

2 awareness

3 illustrate size of problem
    nerf.jpg]
  • draconissnoctumdraconissnoctum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    captinwh0 wrote: »
    for some it may seem pointless, but posting here, no matter how pointless the comment is good for 3 things

1 sanity

2 awareness

3 illustrate size of problem

As I'm reading everyone's posts I was thinking, when the next crash happens and lasts more than an hour, and people start WTFing we will all be going "you weren't there for the season 8 crash, back when we had to post on forums and wait for devs. Not to mention walking up hill both ways to school everyday."
    Nonsense I know, but I haven't posted for 80 pages.
    edited November 2013
    As I'm reading everyone's posts I was thinking, when the next crash happens and lasts more than an hour, and people start WTFing we will all be going "you weren't there for the season 8 crash, back when we had to post on forums and wait for devs. Not to mention walking up hill both ways to school everyday."
    Nonsense I know, but I haven't posted for 80 pages.

Been doing that since 10/03/13 Crash. You young whipper snappers get off my lawn....LOL :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• txspartantxspartan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lmao... (that's two today already!).

It's not really that I'm a comical genius, Steven. We're all just that bored. ;)
    Grand Ayatollah of the Order of Persistence, First Chairman of the Persistent Defence Commission
    Winner of two Second annual (Last 500) and three Third annual (Last 1000) Most Amusing Posts Best Entrance Awards
  • chrisolliecchrisolliec Member Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm quite sure the dev team dedicated to fix the crash issues is still working on the patch today.
    Surely not the whole team, as they deserve some time off. Sometimes helps to get the mind clear and find some new ideas.

And I still read about the devs ignoring the warnings of the players on Tribble. I disagree about that. This issue is something bigger, thus taking longer. But it wouldn't make sense to put all hands on solving this problem, as there are enough other probles in the game to be solved. And who knows - maybe one of these fixes also fixes the crash issue. So keep these little fixes up, guys. I'd like to see the game in good shape when I'm finally able to log in again. :)

I agree that it would be good to keep us posted a little more about what's going on. Wouldn't advise to send a dev here, as they are needed finding the fix. A short daily report from branflakes, just with a little more insight, if possible, would be really nice.

I wouldn't say this would calm down all of us, but at least some would probably sleep a little better. ;)
    "I came from a time long gone, saw many other times...
    But I'm still a mere human."
    Vice Admiral Chris Curtiss, Temporal Ambassador
  • kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm sticking me nose up in the air at Cryptic's STO Launcher ... *take that, BUB*
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
    edited November 2013
    txspartan wrote: »
    It's not really that I'm a comical genius, Steven. We're all just that bored. ;)
    A smile or laugh every once in a while helps to handle our temper probs, I'd say.
    And it doesn't always take a genius for some good laughs. :)
    Go on. ;)

kemcha wrote: »
    I'm sticking me nose up in the air at Cryptic's STO Launcher ... *take that, BUB*
    Feeling better? :)
    edited November 2013
    I'm quite sure the dev team dedicated to fix the crash issues is still working on the patch today.
    Surely not the whole team, as they deserve some time off. Sometimes helps to get the mind clear and find some new ideas.

And I still read about the devs ignoring the warnings of the players on Tribble. I disagree about that. This issue is something bigger, thus taking longer. But it wouldn't make sense to put all hands on solving this problem, as there are enough other probles in the game to be solved. And who knows - maybe one of these fixes also fixes the crash issue. So keep these little fixes up, guys. I'd like to see the game in good shape when I'm finally able to log in again. :)

I agree that it would be good to keep us posted a little more about what's going on. Wouldn't advise to send a dev here, as they are needed finding the fix. A short daily report from branflakes, just with a little more insight, if possible, would be really nice.

I wouldn't say this would calm down all of us, but at least some would probably sleep a little better. ;)

I'm sorry but they had over a week to "find new ideas". They even had over a month to make sure it didn't happen again, so I don't but the excuse for them.
  • tomatosquish42tomatosquish42 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm sorry but they had over a week to "find new ideas". They even had over a month to make sure it didn't happen again, so I don't but the excuse for them.

I have to agree with this. Normally I am fairly lenient on devs when it comes to problems in games because I know running around the forums foaming at the mouth or sending in 2,022 tickets isn't going to help anything.

However, knowing that they had previous knowledge that this could/would happen and that they went ahead with it anyway is nothing short of pure negligence on their part/
    edited November 2013
    Do you know this issue is the same as the other one?
    Even if the results are the same, this doesn't mean that the reason is the same.

Seeing how many different systems are involved, I think it must be a pain in the a** even "only" to reproduce the error(s). Especially as it doesn't involve all systems of that kind.
    Saying that, I think a week is not much time... Given that some devs probably had to visit the medbay to get some treatment for their bruised heads from banging them on the table because that 1500th setup still didn't do what it was expected to. ;)
    And finding new ideas while acually working on the problem isn't always the best course of action.
    No clue if it works for you, but I know I need some time off to get room for new ideas.

One thing I know for sure is that bashing them here only helps you, for a short time, but not the devs. They need support.
    I have to agree with this. Normally I am fairly lenient on devs when it comes to problems in games because I know running around the forums foaming at the mouth or sending in 2,022 tickets isn't going to help anything.

However, knowing that they had previous knowledge that this could/would happen and that they went ahead with it anyway is nothing short of pure negligence on their part/
    I don't think you read my post properly. Given you read it at all. ;)
    Even if the results are the same, this doesn't mean that the reason is the same.
    This means, the problem we have now doesn't have to be the same as with the LoR launch.
    I, for example haven't encountered this issue before about two days prior the launch of The Sphere, as I curiously wanted to take a look at it on Tribble. Back then, I thought it would be a problem with my old computer, thus only feared I might not be able to play after the launch. Even after the launch, it took me some time to find out this is a bigger problem...
  • dartragge1dartragge1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well after getting banned on the forum for flaming craptic too hard with my primary dartdukii account, i remembered that i always make several accounts in case i wanna spam or troll on forums i visit.

Im against us making a Leper fleet. The way Craptic handles things on here theres the real danger of us actually infecting or damaging something on the servers or the fleet holdings. Ill make a channel on chat named "Voice of the Lepers" (VotL or Vol) as soon as we get in game, which will be somewhere before New Year, but the New Year 2015 . It will be free to join for all the Lepers in here who enjoy the Leprous way of life in a Leprous way.

ADDENDRUM: Welcome to all the new lepers on the colony world of New Leperia. I am leprous to announce that the colony is prospering well and leprous.

LIVE LONG, AND LEPROUS
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Do you know this issue is the same as the other one?

Seeing how many different systems are involved, I think it must be a pain in the a** even "only" to reproduce the error(s). Especially as it doesn't involve all systems of that kind.
    Saying that, I think a week is not much time... Given that some devs probably had to visit the medbay to get some treatment for their bruised heads from banging them on the table because that 1500th setup still didn't do what it was expected to. ;)
    And finding new ideas while acually working on the problem isn't always the best course of action.
    No clue if it works for you, but I know I need some time off to get room for new ideas.

One thing I know for sure is that bashing them here only helps you, for a short time, but not the devs. They need support.

This means, the problem we have now doesn't have to be the same as with the LoR launch.
    I, for example haven't encountered this issue before about two days prior the launch of The Sphere, as I curiously wanted to take a look at it on Tribble. Back then, I thought it would be a problem with my old computer, thus only feared I might not be able to play after the launch. Even after the launch, it took me some time to find out this is a bigger problem...

Thanks for the reminder. ^_^ Programming is such a freaking pain in the aft.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • sleezypaladinsleezypaladin Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    :rolleyes: sigh i have been playing never winter since the great crash war started.now I'm hearing that season 2 of never winter is also doing the same thing on their version test server as season 8 did on tribble. so what ever is causing the great crash may involve more then one game. and if that is the case i look for them to find the fix right away.that's to much money to lose if people cant log in on all the cryptic / PWE games.
  • tomatosquish42tomatosquish42 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013

It is hard to read a post properly before it is made....

That being said you are correct, however again, they knew they had a problem before they rolled it out to the holodeck.
  • mathewprime1mathewprime1 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Could you shut up? we all know this is not gonna be solved any faster by complaining about how long they have had. .they probably didnt know about the crash untill S8 launch for some stupid reason. just be paitent. and if you are paying money to cryptic? then stop that untill they fix the game. plain and simple. dont keep whineing about how long its takeing to fix a bug. this has happened before.. they fixed it. they always will and do.
    Fleet Admiral Mathew Prime.
  • rabiddsaintrabiddsaint Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dear Fellow Leper Fleet Members..

This is your Admiral,

I have today infiltrated the other side. Connected my monitor, keyboard and mouse to the HP ProBook 6540b and disguised myself as a mere normal player. I visited the Dyson Sphere, shot a few ships alas the video is just too much for the laptop.. Too jerky to play.
    Spoke with a fleet member (one of the normal players, non-infected). I took him into secrecy and told of our demise. His reply was 'really? I haven't had any problems' ..
    I must conclude that the thoughts behind the upgrade were if the majority are in, its a successful upgrade.

We are of the minority, however we are slowly building our ranks and we will soon over take this so called normal player universe and make it our own.

My only wish is that we could have a should from the depths of a cubicle where a lone coder was working on our problem, just a word, or a small scentence maybe to give us hope of a cure for our lingering disease.

I'd even be happy with the words 'Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies' ..

Sincerely,

Admiral Rab
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dear Fellow Leper Fleet Members..

This is your Admiral,

I have today infiltrated the other side. Connected my monitor, keyboard and mouse to the HP ProBook 6540b and disguised myself as a mere normal player. I visited the Dyson Sphere, shot a few ships alas the video is just too much for the laptop.. Too jerky to play.
    Spoke with a fleet member (one of the normal players, non-infected). I took him into secrecy and told of our demise. His reply was 'really? I haven't had any problems' ..
    I must conclude that the thoughts behind the upgrade were if the majority are in, its a successful upgrade.

We are of the minority, however we are slowly building our ranks and we will soon over take this so called normal player universe and make it our own.

My only wish is that we could have a should from the depths of a cubicle where a lone coder was working on our problem, just a word, or a small scentence maybe to give us hope of a cure for our lingering disease.

I'd even be happy with the words 'Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies' ..

Sincerely,

Admiral Rab

A friend of mine is noticing the same thing. She is getting in fine and thinks it is just my computer. Wish that it was that simple.

I do wish they could update us over the weekend at least.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • kakerookakeroo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    step on it cryptic, i have a fore and aft load out needing to display heresy against doctrine
  • dartragge1dartragge1 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PRIME UNIVERSE...Tritanium hulls

MIRROR UNIVERSE...Tritanium hulls with Yellow tribals and markings

LEPER UNIVERSE...Where ships grow weird fungus on their hull, and th nacceles fall off...
  • captain2400captain2400 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've just about given up trying to get on the game I've lost track how many times it's crashed on me it does okay it get's to the first loading screen after it is done loading it crashes I'm almost about to give up so sad :(
This discussion has been closed.