test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's wrong with me?!!

salynraydersalynrayder Member Posts: 139 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Earth Spacedock
Do I smell? Does my toon perform a constant drool emote that I'm not aware of? Are people intimidated by me? I am a Vice Admiral but I'm pretty sure I've seen more of those running around. I'm having a hard time finding a fleet to join, and it's not that I haven't tried. I've posted on recruiting threads for the fleets I'm interested in. No replies. I've posted applications on fleet websites. No answer. I've sent in-game mails to find that peoples' mailboxes are full. I've sent private messages to people at the primary space docks asking if they're recruiting. No answer. The mails that do get answered won't answer my questions. No one will let me in their club!!

I'm 34 years old. I live in the eastern time zone. I play almost every night. I'm a lvl 50 Fed Engineer.

I'm just looking for an active fleet. I don't care how large or small as long as its active and their are enough people to group with. I haven't been in a group yet, and I really want to experience all the content STO has to offer. I don't care if your starbase is Tier 37 and your Dilithium mine gives free lobi crystals and skittles. I don't care if your starbase is held together by duct tape and pine resin. I don't care if your fleet leader is actually Snooki from Jersey Shore as long as its a fun and active fleet.

More about me if your awesome fleet I'm hoping to join thinks its relevant:
I'm a super cool dude. I have a vinyl record collection that is approaching 400+ records. I love Cohen Brothers movies, Alabama football, reading Jack Kerouac, Ken Kesey, playing the mandolin and piano. Highland brewery's Oatmeal Porter is the greatest beer on earth. I even have a girlfriend! A real one!

Like I said, I'm looking for an active fleet. I'd prefer one with a cool Trek related name. That's not that big a deal though. I just don't want to run around with "Stuart McCracken's Noob Destroyers" above my toon's head. TeamSpeak? I'll get it. RP? I'm up for it. Want me to demean myself with one of those new Voth dinosaurs? Negotiable. At this point I'll join the Obamacare fleet as long as there's no website requirements.

If y'all won't let me in your club, I'll start my own! That, or I'm telling my mom.

I'm Salyn@SalynRedoran

Thanks for reading,
Salyn, Baddest Dude in Space
Post edited by salynrayder on

Comments

• Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ill pm you, im @danfiveten and im in battle group maco, one of the top 15 fleets of sto, max tier in everything but the new spire.
  • Options
    chris5626chris5626 Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You mentioned that you want an active group and one that preferably has an authentic Star Trek sounding name.

Besides that are there any other considerations you have? The more information you can give us the more likely you are of being able to find a fleet that is right for you. It does sound that you are very keen to get involved in an active group but you really do have lots of choices so it makes sense to make as informed a decision as possible and to do that you need to be able to really evaluate your options by taking a good look at what they offer.

I'll give you some example questions that might be of use, feel free to use them or not.

What time of days or time of day do you tend to play?
    Are you looking to get involved more in PvE or PvP content (Player vs Environment or Player vs Player?) or a mix of both?
    Do you want a group that supports roleplaying?
    Do you want a group that makes use of voicechat?
    Ideally is there any specific age group you would like to play with?
    Do you want a group that supports players to develop their game play skills?

As I say the more information you can provide the better chance you will have of finding a fleet that is just right for you. I realise that if you have been looking for some time without joy you might be tempted to join one of the first fleets that comes knocking but I really think you should take the time you need to make sure you are making the right choice for you.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I appreciate you taking the time to write all of that. I've actually done everything you suggested about 6 times already, which is why my op sounds over-simplified. I am interested in all content in STO; be it pvp, pve, rp, STF's, etc.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    If you are interested in all aspects of STO then you would probably be best with one of the larger, more established STO fleets.

UFP, 12th Fleet and VKF would probably be worth taking a look at.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We got cookies. :D
  • Options
    sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please consider EDS. We are fun, friendly fleet with active players in different time zones. We prefer to group within fleet first and seek outside channels if necessary.

Please visit our website at:

http://www.stoeds.enjin.com/

Fleet membership will entitle you to access to more areas of the site.

And please send me an in game email or tell. We would be glad to welcome you to our Fleet!

Neye
    @sonulinu
  • Options
    rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Do I smell?

Don't know :P Did you try ESD there are always fleets that need new members there!
  • Options
    grayfoxjamesgrayfoxjames Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey there you should give us a try. We are Liberty Task Force (Fed) and Liberty Honor Guard (KDF) at www.libertytaskforce.com and we might be a perfect fleet for you. We aren't even seven months old yet but already half way to Tier V. We do PvE, PvP, and starting RP with the 26th Fleet and their Open Starbase Project.

We have a very active and lively website and forums, members from all over the world, and TeamSpeak as well. Feel free to give us a look, visit our page and see if you it. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at Info@LibertyTaskForce.com and friend me in-game at Grayfox@GrayfoxJames take care and see you in space!

-Grayfox
    Fleet Admiral Thomas Winston James a.k.a. The Grayfox
    Fleet Leader of:
    Liberty Task Force/Liberty Honor Guard
    Pride of the Federation/Pride of the Empire
    Liberty Guardians
    U.S.S. Liberty, NX-42813-L, T-6 Legendary Odyssey Class

Game Handle: Grayfox@GrayfoxJames
    Armada (STOFA Member Fleet): https://www.libertytaskforce.com/stofa
    Discord: https://discord.gg/bGp9N7z
    Twitter: STOFA@LTFGrayfox
    Email: CSDynamix@Hotmail.com
  • Options
    misternoparmisternopar Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    "Alabama football"

All i can is Roll Tide Roll!!! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It sounds like we may be the fleet for you. We have no rules and nothing is mandatory. We are very relaxed and we are social first.

We have a good mix of people with a lot of experience and newbie's. Lots of areas that you can explore as a fleet if you are interested.

Check out our website at tosfleet.com or click on my signature block... Or check our STO recruitment page.

We have pie.
  • Options
    dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just to update since hes not, i got a response from him in game, he found a fleet. Not ours either lol. So i guess this is closed.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    dan512 wrote: »
    Just to update since hes not, i got a response from him in game, he found a fleet. Not ours either lol. So i guess this is closed.

Very considerate of you dan512.

I hope after all this he found the right home for himself.
    ChristopherHalsey.png
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Yikes! I figured this would be on page 10 by now. My apologies. Yes I have found a fleet. I thank you all for your time and interest, and I mean that sincerely. I wish you all good gaming and fun times among the stars. Peace.
  • Options
    cotp0maurafeycotp0maurafey Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Greetings!

Tides of War is interested in what you have to offer. We are a mature minded fleet, part of a larger multi-gaming club at Tides of War. Don't let that put you off at all, it's a good group of folks. We do have an age limit of 18+, we use TeamSpeak3, and are mostly on during the US/Canadian EST.

We have a cross faction fleet on the KDF side, not as active as our Fed, but we all have alts there, you know the drill. We offer Inter-Fleet PvE/PvP on a regular basis, and are always looking for new fleets to practice with.

If you are interested, contact me in game.
    @cotp0maurafey
    www.tidesofwar.net
    We can talk on our TS3 server when you are ready.
    Also, please see our forum fleet advertisement here:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...ighlight=tides

Regards,

Maurafey
    Tides of War
    Officer / Recuiter.
    tidesofwar.net
    Covenant of the Phoenix - Fed | Covenant of the Phoenix - KDF www.cotp.info

“What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite.” —Bertrand Russell