test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance (November 15, 2013) [Complete!]

Comments

• oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Too bad the issues with the galaxy map, consumables disappearing during use, and Deferi 3 outpost assignments are not being listed as "known issues".
  • atlantraatlantra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

When you need to use Aux-2-Batt because Cruiser damage sucks so hard that you need to squeeze every last second of DPS from your ship. You know this game has gone past the point of no return.

^^^OMG That right there. Just making sure everyone read that. I'm losing faith slightly. :(
    The dress is gold and white. Over 70% people says so. When viewed from a certain screen angle it appears blue and black. The dress displayed on amazon is a blue and black dress, but it's not the same dress in the picture. If you're seeing blue & black you're slightly colored blind. A normal upright screen = white and gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited November 2013
    Maintenance has begun! We expect downtime to last for 2 hours and I will post again once it is complete. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    daboss593 wrote: »
    Some players are experiencing a crash during the loading screen. We are continuing to work on a resolution and will note it in patch notes once one is available.

dsnt seem to be much is getting done on this? and its doing it to uber gaminig rigs. to older rigs. to any and all o/s. obv its not us its you guys. but to date no mmo ever admits its them due to they would have to deal with all the paying people in the game. i myself cant figure out why this, and other companies. feel its ok to put out untested beta garbage. EA, MWO, and now you guys. :mad:

obviously, you don't get that they have a gazillion lines of code to check and find that 1 line that screws it. and maybe it's not PWE/Cryptic, but a commonality between all you guys? some gamesetting, some launcher option...

TBH, the only problem/issue i had since S-8 launch is the stuff with consumables. Otherwise no roubles at all.
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • knucklesstarknucklesstar Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    atlantra wrote: »
    ^^^OMG That right there. Just making sure everyone read that. I'm losing faith slightly. :(

Well I'm sorry, but when an added extra like "doffs" become the mainstay of a persons build and basically the alter the game so that the playing field (global cooldowns) are not even level. Then Cryptic have FAILED as game developers.

Doesn't really help that the game is such a mess, players are always finding a way to exploit it, like Aux-2-Batt.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    On balance, I'm pleased to see this - I've been having some definite problems with freezing up, lagging, and crashing, and it's good that they're getting some bug fixes in quickly.

Admittedly, none of the listed items has bothered me, particularly - but there's often a knock-on effect from any bug fix, and any improvement overall in stability will be heartily welcomed by me.

(DC'ed four times yesterday, once just as the Battlezone event was entering its final phase - insert boilerplate "you owe me VCIs and Dilithium/I am a paying customer/dev team should be beheaded and boiled in oil until their service improves" rant here. Seriously, though, this sort of thing is annoying.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Emergency Power to the Whine Generators!
    EnYn9p9.jpg
    edited November 2013

Better then Aux-2-Drone.

I'm sure that because every MMO is souless, this one should be too then. That's terrible logic.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stoutes wrote: »
    ...sigh...

Exactly my thought....
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Better then Aux-2-Drone.

I'm sure that because every MMO is souless, this one should be too then. That's terrible logic.

I wasn't aware you were an award-winning MMO developer. Please, do share your notion of "soul". Unless you mean James Brown, in which case, yes, I agree he should be in the soundtrack.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zilla75 wrote: »
    Please get it together cryptic. I have to miss hours of gameplay cause some rommies are having issues or other cosmetic TRIBBLE? thanks for breaking the game with LoR too. Its been a fun game up until you went for the big moneygrab and ruined PvP, as well as PvE. Only thing left to do in STO is build patchnote ships, use exploits or just become an RP'er.

Quit acting like a jerk. When it comes to technology, you are going to have issues that need to be fixed. No matter how insignificant they may be.

There are many things that have been broken, or gone haywire, since the second Season Eight patch. And for me, they are annoying as hell and they are a major inconvenience. But the only thing you can do is bring it to the attention of Brandon or the devs, and hope it gets to the right people to be fixed. Such is the nature of MMOs.

Mindless, frustrated rants on the forums don't accomplish anything. Patient vigilance does more for the player in the long run.
    edited November 2013
    I wasn't aware you were an award-winning MMO developer. Please, do share your notion of "soul". Unless you mean James Brown, in which case, yes, I agree he should be in the soundtrack.

I wasn't aware Cryptic were award-winning MMO Developers... Oh wait... their not. What was your point again? Infact, the big decent PC gaming companies like PC Gamer, IGN and several other never scored STO higher then a 6.0. when WoW got an 8.0., EvE got a 9.0. and FF XIV ARR (Recently Released three months ago) got a 8.0 too and singlehandedly saved Square Enix from money problems.

Sorry, did you say bugs? Well all these games seem to fix theirs in a reasonable time-frame instead of letting them linger for years like the cloaking bug.
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Exactly my thought!

Yes - S8 came with some bigger bugs and crashes

YET
    - it's no comparision to LoR
    - you can actually see how dedicated the team is to fix stuff and how they communicate with us. Just take a look at the bug forum. This deserves some serious credit!!!

Everyone will have things they miss in S8 but overall I have to say I'm thrilled. This game has gotten a really new edge with S8, especially as far as ground is concerned. AND I'm also happy with the way I'm being treated as a customer. They are onto things and they let us know.
  • lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    This patch:
    General:

Resolved an issue which was causing maps to crash.
    Some players are experiencing a crash during the loading screen. As this is a separate issue from the above, we will continue to work on a resolution for that and will note it in patch notes once one is available.
    Resolved an issue which was blocking progression for the mission "Coliseum".
    Resolved an issue that was allowing certain Voth Antiproton ground weapons to be fired while under the effects of Stealth Module and other cloaking effects.
    Romulan Intelligence has appeared beside the Dyson Sphere Gateway to debrief captains who have completed the Sphere of Influence.
    Resolved an issue which was causing skirt clipping at the waist for Trill and Caitians.

Yesterday's Patch:
    Resolved an issue which was causing maps to crash such as the Allied and Contested zones.
    Some players are experiencing a crash during the loading screen. As this is a separate issue from the above, we will continue to work on a resolution for that and will note it in patch notes once one is available.
    Resolved an issue where mail could not be deleted.
    Resolved an issue where weapons were incorrectly applying debuffs to their owners when they returned weapon power to their owners.
    The bank, mail, and exchange consoles can now be interacted with by more than 1 player in Dyson Joint Command.
    Allied Zone:
    "Eating Our Mines" Found mission: Resolved an issue where players on other teams could destroy the ships, blocking mission progression.
    Ships can now be re-summoned if destroyed by other players.
    Federation Tutorial:
    Klingons will now spawn for all players in the class specific rooms in the Federation tutorial.
    Federation captains who skip the new tutorial are now rewarded the correct amount of XP.
    Resolved an issue where the Core at the end of the Breach would flicker when being destroyed.
    Resolved the issue where UNTRANSLATED text messages appeared in the Exchange.
    Resolved the issue where skirts were clipping into the waist.
    Resolved an issue where some of Worf's VO was missing from Sphere of Influence.

So, this brings me to a question for Cryptic: Why is it seeming that things just aren't being done as the patch notes state, and even after a thorough read of the patch notes, there are all sorts of stealth changes and nerfs to things as essential as the fleet rosters?
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • esrandaresrandar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd like the no-commendation bug fixed. Besides that, I have encountered no issues with S8 so far, good job on that. On the down side, half of times i wanted to play the server was down. I appreciated the approach to get bugs fixed asap, but unless they are really preventing people from playing, like the crash issue apparently affecting many people, I'd prefer them being added to the weekly patch.
  • hogue1784hogue1784 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Gah! Yet another day that I have been unable to actually log in and play the game due to maintenance.

The third time this week, so far. I've lost 45 Lobi Crystals and haven't been able to run new reputation projects because of this.

Can we, perhaps, stagger consecutive maintenance and patch times so that the same people (whom may only have a limited window to play) don't keep getting the shaft?
  • bombassdmbbombassdmb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I wasn't aware Cryptic were award-winning MMO Developers... Oh wait... their not.

You used the wrong "their" there.:D

I like the content overall. I just wish there were more story missions.
    SRS Fleet Recruiter
    Please feel free to contact me in game (@BombAssDMB) for information on the
    SPECIAL RECONNAISSANCE SQUADRON or visit our website: http://www.srs-fleet.net/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aesirblackaesirblack Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    For some reason my ship position is not showing up on galaxy map, the little dot with an arrow showing where you are and which way you are heading. The individual sectors light up when I enter them, just the arrow is not there. Before anyone says zoom out, the arrow is not there at any zoom level.
  • captainpostcaptainpost Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Has anyone else noticed since season 8 (after they fixed the "Untranslated" parts of the exchange) the price per unit option isn't organizing the items by the correct price anymore?
    "We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." -Gene Roddenberry
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    vocmcp wrote: »
    Exactly my thought!

Yes - S8 came with some bigger bugs and crashes

YET
    - it's no comparision to LoR
    - you can actually see how dedicated the team is to fix stuff and how they communicate with us. Just take a look at the bug forum. This deserves some serious credit!!!

Everyone will have things they miss in S8 but overall I have to say I'm thrilled. This game has gotten a really new edge with S8, especially as far as ground is concerned. AND I'm also happy with the way I'm being treated as a customer. They are onto things and they let us know.

Question. How is season 8 actually a Season? What content is there? LoR, that was a season. Content, a story. S8, all it is, a quick intro to another grind and a new playground. No substance as of yet.

Sorry I don't consider it a season yet.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • themrsmokesalotthemrsmokesalot Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    after reading some comments regarding crashes i thought it was weird since i have none of that...if anything when i started 2 weeks ago i thought it was funny how flexible the game was when it came to minimizing and full screen in an instant and considering that my laptop has a 8600gt and i play on a 40 inch TV with hdmi lead i though how lucky i was.
    i grew up watching TOS and TNG so being able to play this game free and with no annoying bugs and crashes or cheaters is like a wet dream.
    Unfortunately it seems that these down times are always on my golden hours for gaming:(
    Someone mentioned why not wait until a bigger list of fixes is up? have 6-7 hours scheduled downtime one day of the week?

PS: How to clear skills off all trays? drove me insane yesterday...help any1? :D
  • orici1701orici1701 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    LoR wasn't a season - it was an expansion.

lol feeding a troll is never good
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    zilla75 wrote: »
    ... become an RP'er.
    God forbid somebody in a role-playing game should actually insist on role-playing. :rolleyes:
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2013

snip

PS: How to clear skills off all trays? drove me insane yesterday...help any1? :D

Right click and drag the offending skill outside the tray and drop it.

PS. Too bad this doesn't work with some forum posters....
    Are we there yet?
  • ominoushomicideominoushomicide Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hope i can play after this getting sick of missing my free lobi and not being able to play for days
  • themrsmokesalotthemrsmokesalot Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Right click and drag the offending skill outside the tray and drop it.

tried left right both middle looked in options under all tabs twice... drove me insane and rage quit :mad:
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tried left right both middle looked in options under all tabs twice... drove me insane and rage quit :mad:

Check if your tray (skills?) are locked.... :confused:
    Are we there yet?
  • darthjigglypuffdarthjigglypuff Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So every time i try to use my steam wallet to buy Zen it says "Waiting for previous request to finish" and then it times out. I want to buy Zen but it wont let me =( Any ideas on why this is and when it will be fixed? Love everything else!! <3 keep up the good work
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Branflakes bud, how is it that the borked exchange listings ( yes, they're still screwed up ) and the fact that consumables somehow dissapear from my hot bar in space when i use them and must be unequipped and reequipped before they can be reslotted arent known issues?

I mean my aux to bat ships are absolutely hamstringed with this battery bug and the quartermasters that cost me 50 dollars worth of game currency are absolutely worthless.
    I mean id understand (i guess) if they werent fixed yet but they didnt even make the known issues list?

one more week. 'n i'm out. lol.
This discussion has been closed.