test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So laaaaaaaaame *resolved*

deokkentdeokkent Member Posts: 5,439 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvP Gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCjISu6rMig

Are you kidding? New season came in and people have to take advantage of bugs already? People should be banned for this.
0)o Slayage mode o(0
anime-anime-gif-Gintama-Sakata-Gintoki-2211455.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    What you don't see is me at the beginning of the map tell people that this is going to be recorded to show the bug, both side were doing it. In this video I was against the recording players, but in the same fleet. We have found that the best way to get things fixed is to make them public.

So please don't go judge people for things you don't fully understand. I know you did not se the comment in the beginning of the match, but the fix is in Fridays release notes.
    320x240.jpg
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCjISu6rMig

Are you kidding? New season came in and people have to take advantage of bugs already? People should be banned for this.

It's Federation Emergency Services and Hammer Squadron. Exploiting bugs is nothing new. Everyone knew about this bug as soon as the weapons hit holodeck, no test was needed. Even the Voth Spec Ops NPCs exploit this bug in the ground battlezone.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • sammy98745362sammy98745362 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    thanks for the video d42 it always help know who is using exploit
    edited November 2013
    I did not know about this bug and I played on tribble. We thought we found something and made a video of how f up this was. I think Cryptic needs to make a check list, it seems that the elachi hand cannon made it through they should not of made the same mistake twice. Now I know they are busy but it seems like they do this all the time. It might be something different.
    320x240.jpg
  • antoniosalieriantoniosalieri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If the goal was to create a video that showed a bug... would a private challange map not work better. I call bs.

Its not shocking to see that though... exploiters exist in every game and Cryptic makes it super easy for them to stick around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
  • scurry5scurry5 Member Posts: 1,554 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They're already fixing it:
    Resolved an issue that was allowing certain Voth Antiproton ground weapons to be fired while under the effects of Stealth Module and other cloaking effects.

It's in the November 15th patch notes.
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If the goal was to create a video that showed a bug... would a private challange map not work better. I call bs.

Its not shocking to see that though... exploiters exist in every game and Cryptic makes it super easy for them to stick around.

I'd have to agree. Instead of showcasing the Bug in a PUBLIC QUEUE, you should have done it Privately. Same message would have gotten across, less grief would have been caused, and you would also have shown maturity and professionalism...

Oh well, Griefers will be Griefers. And people wonder why its still LOL@ground? :rolleyes:
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013

While this is the most considerate action, and probably the way it should of worked we wanted to show the community. This got everyone reporting the bug, hopefully. It is amazing that the people who complain about it never posted anything in the bug forums location. I have one there about this issue and no one has responded. So I ask you who is the bigger exploiter the people reporting it and making the community aware or the people that just let it go and not do anything to get it fixed.
    320x240.jpg
    edited November 2013
    I have reported enough bugs that I can tell you it doesn't make any difference how many people report it how often and for how long.

99% of the time the Cryptic people know they exist before you do....

99% of the time they won't fix it until it comes up on there schedule of things to do that day.

90% of the time all you do is invite everyone to join in and run the same BS there by ruining a game type you enjoy for a few weeks at the min. Trust me the people that matter at Cryptic could care less if the PvP ques are full of BS exploiting for a few weeks until a patch is done.

I think anyone that has done a good amount of space pvp over the last 4 years will agree with me. Strapping it on and running the ques with it... just leads to the flavor of the month for awhile until it gets fixed... at which point someone will call it a nerf and blame you for being an evil min maxer or something.

Granted this one is clearly a super bug... still I can think of 4 or 5 space bugs off the top of my head... that people still say where nerfed instead of fixed.

Glad you bug reported it... but space guys that report it don't get any slack when they run it in a public que so neither should you. :) Really considering how much smaller the ground pop is I would think guys that love that game type would really not want to intro exploit style bugs to the masses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2013
    You act like we have been steam rolling the queues with this big. We played one match educated people and most of us will not queue until it is fixed. I can't vouch for everyone. There are the exploiters out there that are just going to try to run it.

If you think I was singling you out about bug reporting it was not my attempt. There are 90% of players that never report anything. This is of course a guess. But there are few that care about the game and want it to get better. Most people that post in the forums fall in the 10%. Sorry you did not like the way we showed it off. But we got our bug fixed. Not saying that we are the sole reason, but it is supposed to be fixed tomorrow. Then the queue will be active.
    320x240.jpg
    edited November 2013
    All I was saying was it would have gotten its fix tommorow no matter what... cause it was already done... cause they already knew about it. Nothing happens in one day at Cryptic, they knew about it when they launched S8 likely. All running something in the ques does is ensure everyone that wasn't aware will be and will either not que or que with it... either way the que is screwed until the fix does get done.

Your right though this one is fixed right away thankfully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what is that cloaking ability? is it PVP specific or can i use it in PVE? i have never seen a ground cloak that was not temporary before
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    imadude3 wrote: »
    what is that cloaking ability? is it PVP specific or can i use it in PVE? i have never seen a ground cloak that was not temporary before

It's called Stealth Module, usable by any tactical officer while the Operative kit is equip on the character. It is the equivalent of the space ability Battle Cloak, except only tactical officers may use stealth module. Naturally players aren't supposed to be firing from cloak, imagine if bird of prey could fire alpha strikes without dropping stealth any time they desire. That's what is happening on ground right now.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's called Stealth Module, usable by any tactical officer while the Operative kit is equip on the character. It is the equivalent of the space ability Battle Cloak, except only tactical officers may use stealth module. Naturally players aren't supposed to be firing from cloak, imagine if bird of prey could fire alpha strikes without dropping stealth any time they desire. That's what is happening on ground right now.

OUCH!!! well, thanks anyways, now i know what to replace my grenade sachel with :)
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    PVP ground fleet exploiting the system to abuse of the pugs??? Not something new really..

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,148 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I see storm was inspired by my video I made back in April.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7hSkXPK9Qw
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • tron4eternitytron4eternity Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    imadude3 wrote: »
    OUCH!!! well, thanks anyways, now i know what to replace my grenade sachel with :)

Just be careful if you pvp with operative on. If you ever come at me with operative on be prepared to hate life ;)
  • tron4eternitytron4eternity Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    simeion1 wrote: »
    You act like we have been steam rolling the queues with this big. We played one match educated people and most of us will not queue until it is fixed. I can't vouch for everyone. There are the exploiters out there that are just going to try to run it.

If you think I was singling you out about bug reporting it was not my attempt. There are 90% of players that never report anything. This is of course a guess. But there are few that care about the game and want it to get better. Most people that post in the forums fall in the 10%. Sorry you did not like the way we showed it off. But we got our bug fixed. Not saying that we are the sole reason, but it is supposed to be fixed tomorrow. Then the queue will be active.

Just like my video with Kollins on ambush doff awhile back got the ball rolling on those fixes. I also chose to use those in the public q's back then to create QQ filled reports.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Let's just abuse the new exploit in public ques for no reason, YAY!.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
This discussion has been closed.