test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Voth Antiproton Beam vs Standard Antiproton Beam

iulian28iulian28 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Hello everyone !

I need to ask just plain and simple . Do you think is there any difference between these two types of antiproton beam , regarding anything , of course ? (damage , accuracy etc )

In my point of view , there doesn't exist the smallest difference , except the fact that the Voth Antiproton Beam looks bad . The firepower of those 2 is the same , the only disconection is that the voth antiproton beam is an very rare item , while the other variant is from Mk X the minimum .

Are there any ideas ?
Post edited by iulian28 on

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Voth weapons seem to lower a target's damage output sometimes.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • iulian28iulian28 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Voth weapons seem to lower a target's damage output sometimes.

Sometimes ??
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    iulian28 wrote: »
    Sometimes ??

I haven't looked at the mod really so I didn't know if it was always or rarely.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • iulian28iulian28 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I've already read that . My point is ... is it worth to exchange a standard Antiproton Beam with a Voth Antiproton Beam ? I mean , is it really neccesary ? Which one of them is more powerfull ?
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    standard AP beams offer a 20% crit severity, using FAW it could be useful if a crit hit, but that is waiting for it to trigger. where as you have a 5% more chance at lower enemy damage at the expense of a possible heavy damage bonus from the severity. you have a chance to rob some trash mobs their full attack with faw and voth AP. could be useful in a support role for sure.

the wiki is still incomplete on the info and is not clear if it does both critical hit and a debuff on an enemy ship or if it does a critical hit that does no more significant damage then most other hits but debuffs the enemy ship instead.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • undyingzeroundyingzero Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    iulian28 wrote: »
    I've already read that . My point is ... is it worth to exchange a standard Antiproton Beam with a Voth Antiproton Beam ? I mean , is it really neccesary ? Which one of them is more powerfull ?
    IMO? The standard Antiproton beam. 20% Critical Severity will always be more damaging than a 2.5% chance of lowering attack damage by a small %.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The difference is:
    Regular antiproton beams are solid red.
    Voth antiproton beams have dashes in them.
    w8xekp.jpg