Install Arc

carriers can still afk....

indarys70indarys70 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
fix plsssssssss
Post edited by indarys70 on

Comments

• neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    How about an explanation , Fix what you said nothing.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • indarys70indarys70 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    How about an explanation , Fix what you said nothing.

use your brain, they're launching fighters then just sitting there doing nothing
    edited November 2013
    They have to keep replacing destroyed fighters and even if that's all they do that requires participation.

fighters don't even get destroyed on maps like fleet alert LMAO

also LMAO @ calling "replacing fighters" "participation"
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    indarys70 wrote: »
    use your brain, they're launching fighters then just sitting there doing nothing

How about a little basic courtesy dude? You gave no info at all in your post, and when someone asks for details you are downright rude to them.

I kinda hope your problem (whatever it actually is) doesn't get sorted.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    edited November 2013
    How about a little basic courtesy dude? You gave no info at all in your post, and when someone asks for details you are downright rude to them.

I kinda hope your problem (whatever it actually is) doesn't get sorted.

Hmm...what is it about carriers that allows them to afk while still dpsing...hmmm....so hard to figure out...
    edited November 2013
    Soooo in other words you're pulling things out your rear, and have no evidence got it.
    GwaoHAD.png
    edited November 2013
    Soooo in other words you're pulling things out your rear, and have no evidence got it.
    No evidence? EVERY fleet alert I go into some carrier just spawns fighters them sits there like a lemon, no firing, just afk from spawn
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    carriers Fighters is the maine DPS for a carrier if your doing it right any ways
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited November 2013
    No evidence? EVERY fleet alert I go into some carrier just spawns fighters them sits there like a lemon, no firing, just afk from spawn

Link or it didn't happen
    GwaoHAD.png
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

So what proof do you have that their not directing their fighter spawn???
    edited November 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    carriers Fighters is the maine DPS for a carrier if your doing it right any ways

ok so its ok for a player to afk but only if he's a carrier got it
  • lordlalolordlalo Member Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    fix plsssssssss

No they can't. I've seen 2 so far that tried pet afking (sending pets in to fight while they afk) get 0 loot.
    Said NO to Arc. Gets punished by not being given a free outfit, free lobi, and free shuttle. Now forced to use Arc's site when trying to get to STO site. Still not rewards for beta testing the Arc website by force. Bravo Cryptic.
  • peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So basically the OP has no clue what he is talking about?

This makes me happy.:P
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Despite some people not liking the OP's attitude its fairly obvious something like this would work and can be a problem.

Carrier pets can do dps, but it requires participation of the carrier, doing debuffs, relaunching pets, fire support.Even with 2 tac consoles and 6 weapons it still is a fair chunk of the damage, especially since your debuff procs like from leech or apb aren't helping, you aren't clearing enemy pet spam that can kill your pets and not relaunching, and aren't grabbing aggro from your pets and team.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited November 2013
    I have tested it myself with a JHDC with JHAS pets
    '
    spawned them all at start of match, went afk, got all fleet marks and no penalty at the end
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    also LMAO @ calling "replacing fighters" "participation"

Use your brain: if you have to stay present to launch fighters, then you can't AFK. The whole point of AFK-ing is, you know, to be Away From Keyboard. :P If you have to stay behind your keyboard to send off pets, the whole idea of you AFK-ing has been thwarted!

So, LMAO @ you not understanding 'participation' in the above scenario.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited November 2013
    I have tested it myself with a JHDC with JHAS pets
    '
    spawned them all at start of match, went afk, got all fleet marks and no penalty at the end

Link or it didn't happen
    GwaoHAD.png
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Use your brain: if you have to stay present to launch fighters, then you can't AFK. The whole point of AFK-ing is, you know, to be Away From Keyboard. :P If you have to stay behind your keyboard to send off pets, the whole idea of you AFK-ing has been thwarted!

So, LMAO @ you not understanding 'participation' in the above scenario.

seeing as it only takes button presses to launch pets and no cursor movement, it can be very easy to AFK and relaunch pets through use of a macro or special keyboard.

Regardless of that, someone only launching pets and not helping at all with their ship is still a useless leech.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
    edited November 2013
    Link or it didn't happen

why don't you try it yourself lmao

god you're insufferable
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My scimitars elite romulan drones do over 4000 DPS in a parse sometimes.

That is higher than many pug players ive been with.

If I sat and just launched those, have I not done more than they did?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
    edited November 2013
    My scimitars elite romulan drones do over 4000 DPS in a parse sometimes.

That is higher than many pug players ive been with.

If I sat and just launched those, have I not done more than they did?

"it's ok for peole to afk, but only if they're rich"

lmao ok dude
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    "it's ok for peole to afk, but only if they're rich"

lmao ok dude

uwotm8?

1. I never said it was ok for people to afk, in fact i absolutely detest it.

2. Carrier pets are the primary way a carrier does damage. They are most certainly not doing so with their weapons. (the scimitar is a gross exception to this, that same 4000 DPS my pets may do, is dwarfed by the 20k DPS the ship may do, most other carriers are science based and dont have the options the scim does)

3. Ad hominem about my personal wealth does not an argument make. Elite drone ships are not cheap by any means, but then again they cost about as much as the mk 12 borg set out of rep.

4. There is one instance where I will not move and will gladly accept any complaining anyone makes because in the end I was right and they were wrong. Elachi alert is best done by capping and not even bothering to shoot anything. By the time the science teams reach the point, youre already at 80 percent or more if everyone just caps with maybe 1 person defending them so they dont die and cost a mark at the end. But here I am just spamming F the whole time... am I really afking it?

So you were saying?
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    words
    They're not afking, they're commanding their troops!

That's still contributing!

=D
  • hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm sorry but I can't see anyone putting that much effort into being lazy.

I can understand afking, you enter a game and go do other things while other people earn your marks but I can't understand why anyone would sit there launch fighters every now and then and point them at enemies. It would be a lot quicker to just do the mission as intended.

Maybe I'm just underestimating the capacity of laziness of some people lol.
  • verline1verline1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    uwotm8?

1. I never said it was ok for people to afk, in fact i absolutely detest it.

2. Carrier pets are the primary way a carrier does damage. They are most certainly not doing so with their weapons. (the scimitar is a gross exception to this, that same 4000 DPS my pets may do, is dwarfed by the 20k DPS the ship may do, most other carriers are science based and dont have the options the scim does)

3. Ad hominem about my personal wealth does not an argument make. Elite drone ships are not cheap by any means, but then again they cost about as much as the mk 12 borg set out of rep.

4. There is one instance where I will not move and will gladly accept any complaining anyone makes because in the end I was right and they were wrong. Elachi alert is best done by capping and not even bothering to shoot anything. By the time the science teams reach the point, youre already at 80 percent or more if everyone just caps with maybe 1 person defending them so they dont die and cost a mark at the end. But here I am just spamming F the whole time... am I really afking it?

So you were saying?

Or engineering heavy carrier like the new Obelisk, which well, dosnt have a lot of sci abilities to throw around, amost no tac, and massive amounts of engineering that isn't really needed in most cases. in most cases their better off spamming EMPW 2-3 with the set bonus in if they have the lobi store Obe, and buffing the swarmer's damage even more.