test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

featured missions

key2007key2007 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Academy
were do i go to activate them during the event?
Post edited by key2007 on

Comments

• lordfuzunlordfuzun Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You don't activate the FE missions. for the event. The legacy Featured Episodes are "enhanced" during the event. Playing any of the FE missions will give 15 Lobi Crystals per day with an account wide cooldown. Also the limited time rewards the missions give are also available (Ofidian Cane, Org of Possbiilities, etc). So you just need to play or replay the Featured Episodes.
  • key2007key2007 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    You don't activate the FE missions. for the event. The legacy Featured Episodes are "enhanced" during the event. Playing any of the FE missions will give 15 Lobi Crystals per day with an account wide cooldown. Also the limited time rewards the missions give are also available (Ofidian Cane, Org of Possbiilities, etc). So you just need to play or replay the Featured Episodes.

This may sound like a stupid question (because in part it is) but what do I do (in terms of pressing buttons and clicking) to start a FE mission
  • kublahkankublahkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    All your questions are answered here:
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/feature-episodes

Be sure to pick one of the Featured Episodes listed there for the others do not reward Lobi after completion. The last one of each series list rewards the special item/BOff.

Cheers
    "Starship captains are like children. They want everything right now and they want it their way. The secret is to give them what they need, not what they want."
    - Scotty, to La Forge
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I had trouble with this in game also, and all the answers I was given pretty much assumed I had played the episodes before and could just 'replay' them.

So this is what I figured out on my own, it is most likely wrong, and hopefully someone will come in and correct me.

First, hit J to bring up the missions menu. Click on the EPISODES tab, top left-ish. You will see episode series listed down the left side, probably with Klingon War at the top. For me, all the others were greyed out.

As I had already played Klingon War, and some of the featured episodes (Skirmish, Spin the Wheel, Night of the Comet etc) were in that series, I clicked Klingon War, scrolled down, clicked the episode, hit Replay. Okay, that is what everyone told me to do, and it worked.

Next series is I think Wasteland, which I am almost done. The one after that is Romulan Mystery.

Here is the part I am guessing at: it seems each episode/mission opens when you have completed the one before it. All the greyed out series and missions are because I haven't played the prior ones before.

It seems that if I use the SKIP option (in the Episodes mission list) on my current mission (in Romulan Mystery), it will open up the next one, and the next, and so on. I was told that the way to get to the other episodes was just to skip skip skip and play the final mission in each list (for the reward).

Supposedly if I do this, I can still go back and play all the skipped episodes later, and get their rewards.

Seemed a bit drastic, I normally don't like rushing through content - but it is the only way I will get through all the episodes in time.

Gonna give it a try later today when the system is back up, will prob post back here if I learn anything new/different.

Hope that helps,

Force
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, you can skip to the last mission for the reward... but it doesn't give the lobi if you're playing it for the first time. You only get the 15 lobi per day per account if you're replaying a FE mission, so if you've just unlocked it and played it, you'd have to play the mission again to get the 15 Lobi.

And oh, yeah, you can skip to a mission and then go back. I do it a lot to get past the "Spectres" FE series (which I'm not particularly fond of) and on to the Romulan Mystery (Fed) or Breen Invasion (KDF, RRF), then I'll go back and sometimes play Spectres for the Retrofit Phaser Banks and/or the Type 3 Federation Phaser Rifle (Phaser sniper rifle with a 'unique' seconary fire mode, basically).

I actually got one character to max-level with DOffing, Foundry and Star Clusters instead of Storyline missions, so I ended up doing the skipping with them to get to the 2800 and Breen FE series for the equipment sets.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited November 2013
    Yeah, you can skip to the last mission for the reward... but it doesn't give the lobi if you're playing it for the first time. You only get the 15 lobi per day per account if you're replaying a FE mission, so if you've just unlocked it and played it, you'd have to play the mission again to get the 15 Lobi.

And oh, yeah, you can skip to a mission and then go back. I do it a lot to get past the "Spectres" FE series (which I'm not particularly fond of) and on to the Romulan Mystery (Fed) or Breen Invasion (KDF, RRF), then I'll go back and sometimes play Spectres for the Retrofit Phaser Banks and/or the Type 3 Federation Phaser Rifle (Phaser sniper rifle with a 'unique' seconary fire mode, basically).

I actually got one character to max-level with DOffing, Foundry and Star Clusters instead of Storyline missions, so I ended up doing the skipping with them to get to the 2800 and Breen FE series for the equipment sets.

What Exactly is it that you get now that you wouldn't normally get?
    edited November 2013
    key2007 wrote: »
    What Exactly is it that you get now that you wouldn't normally get?

There is a special reward that last mission of the Feastured Series gives out. The rewards are mentioned on the web page given above. There are items which ties into the theme the Series.
    edited November 2013
    lordfuzun wrote: »
    There is a special reward that last mission of the Feastured Series gives out. The rewards are mentioned on the web page given above. There are items which ties into the theme the Series.

are those rewards not available normally?
    edited November 2013
    key2007 wrote: »
    are those rewards not available normally?

The special rewards (Ophidian Cane, Breen tactical BOFF, Orb of Possibilities, Reman Science BOFF) are only available during special rerun periods like now.