test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The New Voth Scenarios

darthgranicdarthgranic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Academy
I was wondering if someone who has more time to played can give some tips and strategies on the new Voth space scenarios the "breach", "storming the spire", and combating the Both in general.
Post edited by darthgranic on

Comments

• Options
    giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I havnt played the Breach or Storming the Spire to give specifc advice on those but when fighting Voth ships in general it is VERY important that you remember one thing: Do NOT attack any Orange shields that the Voth ships throw up. Just use evasive maneuvers and fly to the other side of the ship. The orange shields on a Voth cruiser makes in Immune to all damage from that direction and Orange shields on anything bigger means the ship is immune to all dmg from that direction AND the shields will reflect ALL damage dealt to it. So you can and will end up killing yourself.
    edited November 2013
    Also, when fighting larger groups of Voth ships, make sure to keep an eye on your power levels, as they are VERY fond of chaining power drains together.
    Vice Admiral Bryan Mitchel Valot
    Commanding officer: Odyssey class U.S.S. Athena
    Admiral of the 1st Assault Fleet
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I was wondering if someone who has more time to played can give some tips and strategies on the new Voth space scenarios the "breach", "storming the spire", and combating the Both in general.

Lets start with the Voth in general. They like to drain your power, and they like to drop Tyken Rifts and Gravity Wells. Be ready to counter this. Their exotic damage likes to do direct hull damage, by passing your shields, and they have a fairly rarely used power that drains your shields as well. Best weapons and skills to use against them is anything that by-passes their shields, as their shields are the hardest thing to bring down.

Storming the Spire:

After start run to the enemy kill them. Next stage, 3 players go and kill the Voth turrets, the other two sit and kill Voth transports. I've seen the ratio flip to 2 turrts and 3 transports. If you have a really communicative team, 2 transports, 2 turrets, and a floater works well.

Next stage two to three ships on the big boss, the other 2 or 3 kill shuttles. This kind of depends on the teams make up. Just as a note, two players can kill the majority of the shuttles if they position themselves right

As far as pugs on this one, it's rather pug friendly, but I've seen some really bad pugs TRIBBLE it up. One pug I was in totally skipped hitting the final boss ship, and we ended up having 5 ships on the shuttles until I realized it and I and another (who had initially been the two killing the transports) ran after the boss ship. I've seen some other PUG messed up thing, but it's really really pug friendly.

The Breach

Stage one: kill things. I didn't realize my first play through, but after clearing the center of the ship, you still have to kill the outside of it. Best thing to do is 2 -3 ships on the center, the other two start on the outside front. The center ships then fly around from the back and hit the outside points

Stage 2: go where the game tells you to go, use any area powers, kill the points.

Stage 3: Lots of Voth ships come at you in waves. You need to close the hangers or they won't stop coming. Generally have a couple ships with high agro draw the waves in, the others close the hangers. Exit is on the back, bottom, left from where you came in at, not the big door in the rear.

Stage 4: Kill big Voth ship. Kill the tractors first and the little ships. Basically point and shoot

Stage 5: Sub-reactor. Thing jumps around alot while you kill Voth ships coming in. Find it, it hides ,find again, until you kill it.

Stage 6: Reactor. Kill it. Watch the electricity coming out of it, and it will randomly hook you and drag you just in front of the electricity from time to time. If you find yourself near or in the electricity, get the heck out of it. Otherwise, kill it when its not covered in a shield. Leave from the opposite direction you came in. If you leave the way you came in, you'll die.
  • Options
    darthgranicdarthgranic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Any preferential team set up or dynamic or is just a shoot 'em up scenario in Storming the Spire? In the Breach I discover the outside hard points too, I when i was fighting the reactor it would hit me causing no damage to hull but took out a section of my shielding.
  • Options
    grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I tried the Storming the Spire and the Breach and let me say it was fun. The first few times I got stuck in a Tykens Rift and a Gravity Well. Not fun the first time wondering why I was dead so fast. I run a Fleet Exclesior retrofit and I have found in order to escape the rift and well, I devised a maneuver that I use Evasive Maneuver III and emergency power to engines I. It moves you out of the way really good and fast. If no Emergency power to engines I, use the Deuterium. When you are moving away hit the Subspace Jump and it clears you away from trouble. Just a fraction of the time you might find yourself in trouble when you jump. I call it the Roraback Bootleg Turn Manuever.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).