test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Season 8] Holodeck crashes on startup (Latest update: Pg. 319, post #3190)

Comments

• macarthur1961macarthur1961 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    "I saw a message that 'Material Files Relocated' at the bottom of the screen before the game launcher crashed for the 3rd time out of 3 tries. Why are you relocating material files? Error Ticket ID: 25316319"

Posting my ticket contents here in the forum, trying to be helpful. I've never seen such a message before so I'm wondering if this isn't connected to the crash problem?

Ditto :cool:
  • cenellcenell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is this issue even being worked on? how many people are affected? are the minority going to be left behind and ignored? I never was able to get on Tribble for this due to the exact same reason. If this was a known issue, why was it overlooked? When can we expect some progress? if i was a FTP account i wouldn't bother much. But i really do not appreciate the delays that can be avoided with a little dilligence. Cryptic has no problem taking my money every month on time, so why not run the game on time.
  • locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    25316319 win xp 32 bit. got the material files reloaded bar as well.
  • maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Error messsage i GET

And more info what was done so far in ticket :

131011-001359
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same situation as the 10/3 patch; 75 - 80% on the Cryptic loading screen, then it crashes to desktop.

Please get this fixed in time for me to claim the Solanae Tribble, please?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • enterprise1701axenterprise1701ax Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Just a quick thought back to you, macarthur1961. I don't believe there is much, if anything, we can do on our end. The problem lies in the game launcher, which is totally the domain of Cryptic. The only features we can adjust happen on the launch screen prior to our clicking the "Engage" button (like the Shard display) and don't affect anything beyond that point, at least nothing that I can think of. I hate to say it but we can do nothing but wait for a series of maintenance shut-downs and guesswork at fixing the problem.
  • viperasekviperasek Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    12x pokus loggin... fail - 18897741
  • davidmichaelsagedavidmichaelsage Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ticket number 18897741
  • revanpikerevanpike Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    that's new: this time it's #25941731
    edited November 2013
    this only started today. but i was experiencing another interesting glitch before this. has anyone else had this happen in the last week or so? when i would shut down the game would try to start again. it would start to patch get a bit into patching and then shut down. also when i brought up arc last night when i got home from work it stated that the last time i played was 15 min prior. which i found strange since i had been gone for over 10 hours. the game loaded ok and as far as i can tell my acct wasnt TRIBBLE and nothing was missing. it was a bit worrisome though.
  • akrilonakrilon Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm also encountering this problem. Since the Season 8 patch this morning, I can log into the launcher, after which, the game loads, showing the Cryptic logo on the screen. When the loading bar fills, the application crashes directly to the desktop.

Connecting via proxys has had no effect. No support ticket in yet.
    faddc0e2956f1903cb9ac9197fb10cd8_large.png
    edited November 2013
    ok im trying again and its verifying the files first. will post crash number if it does it again.
  • dartdukiidartdukii Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this only started today. but i was experiencing another interesting glitch before this. has anyone else had this happen in the last week or so? when i would shut down the game would try to start again. it would start to patch get a bit into patching and then shut down. also when i brought up arc last night when i got home from work it stated that the last time i played was 15 min prior. which i found strange since i had been gone for over 10 hours. the game loaded ok and as far as i can tell my acct wasnt TRIBBLE and nothing was missing. it was a bit worrisome though.

Happened to me as well. For the past week or so. Must be my system, since this game is flawless according to Craptic. Try to restart your computer and the launcher, and ofc update your drivers. That will surely help. Brandon u need to start slapping some hands. No cookies until they fix what they fixed already but ****ed up again at the same way and are trying to fix yet again. After ****ing it up again.

For thos of u who didnt understand. ^^SARCASM
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp-eCwcZcLG2MXd6VmsMC9LE0J42omp2gLSoTWFw_z-0ek2Jn7
    edited November 2013
    ok here is the number this time. 25941731
  • tehburnsteptehburnstep Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Pre-patch data to ease the burdens of today's launch. It is fairly common practice, so not a glitch, expected behavior.

And Mr. Branflakes sir... counseling patience under the circumstances (OBVIOUSLY known issue and all...) is just plain insulting.
    edited November 2013
    ok this time i get as far as the lighting adjustment screen but it crashes before i can adjust it. is there any chance this will be corrected sometime this month?
    edited November 2013
    Pre-patch data to ease the burdens of today's launch. It is fairly common practice, so not a glitch, expected behavior.

And Mr. Branflakes sir... counseling patience under the circumstances (OBVIOUSLY known issue and all...) is just plain insulting.
    what do you mean prepatch?!! this wasn't a prepatch or it would have gone all the way through instead of less than 1 percent and then shut down. this was no prepatch!
  • captainwow87captainwow87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Crashed several times. To be honest I can't be bothered to try again tonight. My one night of this week and this happens.

Ticket Number 26667063
  • maddmaxx1967maddmaxx1967 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Same problem as the rest. Ticket #25316319

I loaded up the Season 8 patch and started it up. It launched, the music started and *crash* back to the desktop and the cryptic error report prompt.
    edited November 2013
    so bran. any insight on what is causing this yet? and what is cryptic going to do for all of us that have had our expectations dashed about being able to play the new content. after waiting all this time for the magic day to arrive. how many used a day off just to experience the new content today?
  • tehburnsteptehburnstep Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what do you mean prepatch?!! this wasn't a prepatch or it would have gone all the way through instead of less than 1 percent and then shut down. this was no prepatch!

Pre-patch, i.e. before the patch. They push non-critical data through and cache it on your machine to ease the burden on the download servers on release day.
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ticket ID: 18897741
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • nithrielnithriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ticket: 18897741

Please fix it! :)
    edited November 2013
    then wouldn't it try to patch when i first start the game and not wait till i shut the game down. it was doing this for at least a week. if it was a pre patch i would think it would be done after 2 or 3 times. this was constant. every time i shut down it would try to start again and then it would shut down after starting to patch. never got to 1 percent. it did the same thing when i would first start and also when i would shut down. this was something i have never encountered before in over a year of playing.
  • dartdukiidartdukii Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    OK i disabled patch on demand, dl'd 3.5 gigs, got a 10-3 slap in the face like a *****, and im still crashing on 75% Craptic loading screen.

At least I got something sweet, i made a choco cake while i was ranting this thread. Cake is awesome, although i used 2 much cofee in it.

Ill cya in a week ingame guys. These ppl are gona do the same **** they did on 10-3. Im hoping to stick long enough to witness the fail of Season 9.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp-eCwcZcLG2MXd6VmsMC9LE0J42omp2gLSoTWFw_z-0ek2Jn7
  • fabinoudu73fabinoudu73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Good job at showing your total incompetence at doing your job, PathetiCryptic
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I've crashed twice in a row, both times from a character select :mad:
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • stardewstardew Member Posts: 3 Arc User
      edited November 2013
      Hi, i just want to add my vote for everyone's problem. I loaded up the Season 8 patch and started it up. It launched and after loading on a second screen crashed back to the desktop and the cryptic error report prompt. Ticket 25941731:(
      edited November 2013
      ok thats the exact ticket number im getting. 25941731. why do we have the same ticket number? are we both having the exact same error?
    This discussion has been closed.