test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So no Test Weekend then???

jkirk13jkirk13 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
Well the weekend before release of Season 8 is here and not one word of a Tribble Test Weekend. I guess it is not happening this go round, is it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by jkirk13 on

Comments

• Options
    tanadanattanadanat Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jkirk13 wrote: »
    Well the weekend before release of Season 8 is here and not one word of a Tribble Test Weekend. I guess it is not happening this go round, is it?

People ***** about the rewards etc, so more headaches than worth.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Al mentioned in a recent interview that there won't be a test weekend - everyone will get a free tribble, regardless. The reason that was stated is that Test Weekends hurt them economically.
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i wonder why the test weekends hurt then economically, i mean it's not like they have to do anything special, just turn on the monitoring software that is needed to log everyone's online time and dole out tribble unlocks to the qualifying accounts

i would have liked to EARN my Voth or Dyson or Delta Tribble, whatever they were going to call it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There is no official Test weekend, the reward is coming anyway.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    argent007 wrote: »
    i wonder why the test weekends hurt then economically, i mean it's not like they have to do anything special, just turn on the monitoring software that is needed to log everyone's online time and dole out tribble unlocks to the qualifying accounts

i would have liked to EARN my Voth or Dyson or Delta Tribble, whatever they were going to call it

You're thinking why it would cause them to spend money. Think simpler, more obvious. The C-store and lockboxes on tribble aren't connected to real money.
  • Options
    ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think it was more a matter of people playing everything during the test weekend and not being interested in doing it again when it went to live.
  • Options
    ladymyajhaladymyajha Member Posts: 1,427 Arc User
    edited November 2013

I find it amusing that people are complaining about no test weekend, when the build has been available for test for weeks now. Why would you need a test weekend to test the new Season?

Oh yeah, it's because you just want the stuff, and have no desire to actually test the TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ladymyajha wrote: »
    I find it amusing that people are complaining about no test weekend, when the build has been available for test for weeks now. Why would you need a test weekend to test the new Season?

Oh yeah, it's because you just want the stuff, and have no desire to actually test the TRIBBLE.

To be fair, a lot of people were SOL because Tribble is golds and lifers only.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    captinjacksparowcaptinjacksparow Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »

Please stop bringing this up. Why do golds and lifers have to be so bent out of shape about this?? Tribble is a server meant for testing new content for the purpose of working out the bugs before they go to the main server. And FYI, many "freebie" silver members have spent more money on this game than golds and lifers, through C-store and Lockboxes.
  • Options
    juliamateusjuliamateus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ...and also Tribble isn't gold only anymore. Hasn't been for weeks. Do people not read patch notes?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    mimey2 wrote: »

Hasn't been for weeks now. Unless you're talking about the actual tribble (small "t") in which case the last one wasn't gold and lifer only.
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Huh...I really should've paid better attention.

I was focused on the actual testing of stuff...at least until Tribble decided it felt like it wanted to start crashing on me.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    argent007 wrote: »
    I imagine it cost them money because everyone buggered off to Tribble to serve their time, and during that, spent no money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please stop bringing this up. Why do some golds and lifers have to be so bent out of shape about this?? Tribble is a server meant for testing new content for the purpose of working out the bugs before they go to the main server. And FYI, many "freebie" silver members have spent more money on this game than golds and lifers, through C-store and Lockboxes.
    It wouldn't be a good idea to say that all Gold players and Lifetime Players act all bent out of shape.

Also, mimey's incorrect, Tribble's not Gold/LTS only, it's available to everyone.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It wouldn't be a good idea to say that all Gold players and Lifetime Players act all bent out of shape.

Also, mimey's incorrect, Tribble's not Gold/LTS only, it's available to everyone.

But it wasn't for quite a while and has only been open for silvers for the past 2 weeks.

Not only has it pissed off a lot of people who are silver players, who have been doing actual testing and giving feedback, instead of just using it as a sneak preview, but they also prevented LTS/gold players from testing, since with most part of the community locked out, there have been empty queues for most part of the day.
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    But it wasn't for quite a while and has only been open for silvers for the past 2 weeks.

Not only has it pissed off a lot of people who are silver players, who have been doing actual testing and giving feedback, instead of just using it as a sneak preview, but they also prevented LTS/gold players from testing, since with most part of the community locked out, there have been empty queues for most part of the day.

I never was able to get a queen <---queue to pop, even asking in chat. bad timing I guess. I did get up to 3 people queened( I really hate this word :D ) once, was so excited.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

You've had two weeks to test it out. It's funny because I'm a LTS and I had no problems testing out almost all the systems in the new Season that they released during the closed time, and giving my feedback. I've had harder times getting into queues since they've opened it up because everyone was trying out the new battlezones.

So we've had two weeks to test out the stuff if you're silver, three or more if you're gold. That in and of itself is longer then a weekend, at least if I'm doing the math right. Lets me see weekend is 3 days, 2 weeks is 14 days. 3 weeks is 21 days. But if I'm right 14 days is longer then 3 days.

So again why do we need a test weekend to test stuff out for 3 days when everyone has had a chance to test it for 14 days... or more?
  • Options
    milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think the significance of the test weekend is two fold

First people wanted to earn a reward. This has been made irrelevant because of the dev statements that the "voth tribble" will be made available to everyone.

The second, and more significant reason: test weekends enjoy significant traffic in Tribble and permit rapid queue popping and relatively little down time to wait on rooms to fill up.

This might not apply to all, but I really think number 2 impacted silvers more than anything because replays and other issues kept us in holodeck more. While the silvers had weeks, they were during the FE and other Holodeck features that lured people away from Tribble. Therefore they had access to tribble but perhaps not opportunity to try stuff out and contribute to testing and reporting.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.