test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tvaro Mixups

mynameisnommynameisnom Member Posts: 639 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Academy
Ok so I'm going to be getting a t'varo retro and fleet and use the fleety, and im wondering, since they have such excellent turn rates im going to use rom rep plasma turrets& dhcs, i heard the rom rep set adds plasma damage...am i misinformed? My thoguth was again if rom set DOES add palsma damage ill do full rom shields, delfector & engines, with rom plasma weps, fleet embassy palsma damage enhacning sci consoles, standard plasma infuser consoles for tac, and resist eng modules at fleet dil mine. Any suggestions will be welcome BUT I'M STICKING TO PLASMA XD
[SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
stoutes wrote: »
Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
Post edited by mynameisnom on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Sorry for my horrible typing it's late and I'm tired... ^_^ Oh yeah and does the tvaro and tvaro retro set add plasma dmg too?
    [SIGPIC]http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.html[/SIGPIC]
    Those fish are much like their masters, filthy backstabbers... All battlecloaked fish, waiting for the right moment...
    The boss being a gigantic Winter Epohh Researcher. As you lay waste to the Epohh Horde, she can occasionally cry out things like, "Didn't you want an Epohh friend?"
  • Options
    molaighmolaigh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    stowiki.org

^bookmark this.

Romulan shield set helps the survivability of your plasma torps.

Romulan weapon set boost plasma damage.

T'varo console gives you the cool overcharged plasma torpedo.
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    There are two different Romulan sets (and a Reman set too but you arent talking about that).

In order to get the plasma bonus you need at least 2 of the 3 pieces in the Romulan Singularity Harness set. The T'varo does not come with anything that contributes to it. Also the bonus only looks at base weapon damage, so it only works out to around 2% after everything else. You'll want the console anyway, you might be able to convince yourself to put the beam or torpedo launcher on your T'varo, but neither of them is really a good fit for an assault frigate like the T'varo.

The other set is the Romulan Prototype Space Set, which is the engine, shield, and deflector. The set bonuses do not boost plasma damage.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ok, I'll see what happens... :-D
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You'll want the console anyway, you might be able to convince yourself to put the beam or torpedo launcher on your T'varo, but neither of them is really a good fit for an assault frigate like the T'varo.
    The T'varo has an Enhanced Battle Cloak, so there is a point to running the Hyper-Plasma torpedo... not sure if it's a good point, though.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Hrm, ok, and btw 1 more thing do you need a plasma torpedo/ any torpedo to create a mega torp aka unstable torp? or does the torp also come from the console? Oh and 1 more thing, mando do i know you from the D.O. forums...? :D
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hrm, ok, and btw 1 more thing do you need a plasma torpedo/ any torpedo to create a mega torp aka unstable torp? or does the torp also come from the console? Oh and 1 more thing, mando do i know you from the D.O. forums...? :D
    The Big Red Ball'o'Doom comes from the console, so it is kinda like having another weapon slot, albeit one that occasionally blows up in your unshielded face. Against certain enemies I wait as long as possible to fire and then immediately turn 90 and hit evasive maneuvers.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    ensignthrowawayensignthrowaway Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The T'varo has an Enhanced Battle Cloak, so there is a point to running the Hyper-Plasma torpedo... not sure if it's a good point, though.
    On the contrary, the T'varo is beautiful with torpedoes... as long as you go with nothing but. The 2 piece T'varo set bonus encourages it: it offers a flat 20% reduction in torpedo cooldowns and 10% bonus damage to them.

Another fun fact: the Destabilized Plasma Torpedo console is treated as a weapon. Tactical consoles increase its damage as if it were a plasma torpedo and Projectile Weapon Officers reduce its cooldown normally. If you use 3 VR PWOs and combine it with a fast firing torpedo like the Romulan one, you can fire the Destabilized *way* more often than advertised. (Like, under a minute wait per shot, making it a viable weapon instead of a gimmick.)

This also allows you to run at extremely high Aux for heals and crowd control.

You can stick DHCs and turrets on a T'varo and do just fine, same as any small ship with a high turn rate and a lot of tactical console slots, but it's a truly spectacular torpedo boat.
    The Big Red Ball'o'Doom comes from the console, so it is kinda like having another weapon slot, albeit one that occasionally blows up in your unshielded face. Against certain enemies I wait as long as possible to fire and then immediately turn 90 and hit evasive maneuvers.

That works. Another alternative is to hit the Red Ball of Doom as close to a target as possible (I like to skate in at full impulse until about 3 km or so), and hit Singularity Jump as soon as you've fired. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    actually i might stick with torps then... :-) ok 1 more thing, which one has better torp setup, reman or romulan rep mk xii space set, and whhat are both of their 2 and 3-set abilities?
  • Options
    seekeroftechseekeroftech Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2013

If you use 3 VR PWOs and combine it with a fast firing torpedo like the Romulan one, you can fire the Destabilized *way* more often than advertised. (Like, under a minute wait per shot, making it a viable weapon instead of a gimmick.)

This no longer works since the Oct 3 patch:

Release Notes: October 3, 2013
    Duty Officers:

Fast Reload Projectile Officers no longer reduce the recharge time of the Destabilized Plasma Torpedo.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    o_o why oh why....does rom and reman rep set still do something to torps?
  • Options
    seekeroftechseekeroftech Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    o_o why oh why....does rom and reman rep set still do something to torps?

Yes, the set bonuses still work on heavy plasma torps:

Reman / Romulan Prototype sets:

Set 2 bonus:
    Prototype Plasma Projectile

Passive
    +15 Starship Particle Generator
    Enchances your High Yield Plasma torpedos:

Increased Flight Speed
    Increased Defense