test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Change your Foundry character's appearance and ship

blackrewblackrew Member Posts: 32 Arc User
Is there a way to change how your Foundry character looks (hair, face, body, etc) and his ship?
Post edited by blackrew on

Comments

• drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited November 2013
    When you're previewing a map, hit the warp out button by the mini map. That'll take you out to sector space where you can go to ESD or First City and hit the tailors/shipyard there.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • blackrewblackrew Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    When you're previewing a map, hit the warp out button by the mini map. That'll take you out to sector space where you can go to ESD or First City and hit the tailors/shipyard there.

Thanks! I've been wondering how to do this for a while.
  • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    blackrew wrote: »
    Thanks! I've been wondering how to do this for a while.

Of course, your Foundry toon will need its own ECs to do this. Alas, your Foundry toon does not have any access to your regular toons' account bank (or at least didn't the last time I tried accessing it), so there's no way to transfer ECs or anything else to your Foundry toon.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    You can also do it if you're using Cryptic maps in your story. I turned my Foundry char's Miranda into a wicked-looking black ShiKahr that way.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well.... my foundry char flies the VA version of the Ambassador. Soooo... yeah, do what Drogyn said.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited November 2013
    Sure you do need money, but you do get the normal one-time free ship/character customizations that you do on a live character. You can also claim any C-store ships you've bought that your character is high enough to use. Mine is flying an NX Class. It's actually kinda nice. Normally you blow right through those on your way up the ladder, but I get to use my NX forever and ever and ever...

I do recommend warping out of your test map and doing the Azura freighter rescue mission cause you get two free boffs with it.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • pendra8080pendra8080 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I made a map filled with cubes and then killed them with the kill button. They dropped plenty of loot to sell off at vendors. This results lots of EC at the end.
  • nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I do recommend warping out of your test map and doing the Azura freighter rescue mission cause you get two free boffs with it.

Unfortunately, while you used to be able to play missions as your Foundry character, but the last time I tried it, I found that I could no longer do so. Whenever I tried to enter a mission it just reset me back to sector space.

It's a real shame, in my opinion. If there's not going to be a way to customize your Foundry character, then we really should have the ability to play missions to level up in-game.
    edited November 2013
    I played the Azura rescue mission just a few days ago.
    edited November 2013
    Well.... I mentioned that my char has an Ambassador. So she did manage to somehow complete the mission associated(Temporal Ambassador).

I have noticed issues with cutscenes in some missions not playing. Also, sometimes if a cutscene fails to play the mission will glitch and become uncompletable.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited November 2013

That's strange. I'm not sure what could explain my experiences then. It could be that only some missions work, or maybe the server was having troubles at the time, or my character is bugged.
    edited November 2013
    nagorak wrote: »
    That's strange. I'm not sure what could explain my experiences then. It could be that only some missions work, or maybe the server was having troubles at the time, or my character is bugged.
    certain transfers don't seem to work. Like beaming out of Memory Alpha. Most do.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing