test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A random teamed game mode option would help pvp interest

mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
edited November 2013 in PvP Gameplay
If there were a random teaming mode in which teams could not Q interest in pvp by the general community would sky rocket. It could even mix KDF and Federation players on a team to make it more active.
Post edited by mcduffie369 on

Comments

• Options
    aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Yep, it would totally help.

It and many other good ideas have been thought of and discussed at length these last few years already. And they never even get read or replied too.

Oh well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • Options
    talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would agree with both posts. Yes that sort of system would be a good idea. Yes it has been brought up before several times but nothing from the devs yet.
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • Options
    dirtyharib0dirtyharib0 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    this would just kill the ques... The existing ones. Personally think this would have more impact on the interest in pvp than anything else. Sure there could be unbalanced matches, but its not like that doesn't happen now more often than not.

That being said I think having mixed faction teams is a bad idea, at least as far as theme/fluff/cannon goes. But then maybe it could give the KDF faction a new lease of life in pvp. I don't have a KDF toon as I hear the ques are slow.... So yeah.
  • Options
    dirtyharib0dirtyharib0 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I know next to nothing about programming but you would imagine it would be simplicity itself to duplicate the ques we have and then make you unable to que if your in a team. I mean would it really take that much dev time?
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    One Arena que, One CnH que, random teaming with no faction versus faction ques.

let the private ques be for teams and tourneys.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The best place (the only places, imho) to find the actual KDF v. Fed War is in one of two places:

1) Early PvE missions where it exists (it soon disappears as both sides work together).
    2) DOFFing.

As for the queues, to me, it's rather pointless that they're still separated. With the Roms and all the lockbox ships, well - yeah, canon - where? Same will happen with any other faction they add...will make the separation just that much more silly.

If somebody actually wants some canon warfare, they already have to do a private match where they set up the rules for the various sides...etc, etc, etc.

So...RvB it and remove the factions. It's RvB when it's KvK (lol, I don't know why I even typed that) and RvB when it's FvF. So extend those wargames and RvB it so it's KFRvKFR. Down the road when they're Cardassians, Liberated Borg, whatever and the neighbor's dog - it just makes sense, no?

You'd really want to do something like that before splitting the queues or adding more queues for any reason. Why?

Currently there are:

KvK Ground Arena
    KvK Space Arena
    KvK Ground Assault
    KvK Space Capture and Hold
    KvF Ground Arena
    KvF Space Arena
    KvF Ground Assault
    KvF Space Capture and Hold
    FvF Ground Arena
    FvF Space Arena
    FvF Ground Assault
    FvF Space Capture and Hold

That's 12 queues, where you can queue for 3 at a time (with that 3 including all the various PvE queues).

If you split those queues between PUGs and Premades...you're looking at 24 queues. Yeah, good luck with that.

RvB it first, and you've got 4 queues:

Ground Arena
    Space Arena
    Ground Assault
    Space Capture and Hold

Then if you add a game type, well - now you're adding 2 queues (Ground/Space) instead of adding 6 queues (Ground/Space...KvK, KvF, FvF). If you decide to split based on teams or gear or ranking or whatever, you're at 8 queues instead of 24 queues as previously mentioned.

RvB gives room to play...

Speaking of game types, mind you - there's also the possibility of branching out on Arena and Scenario (Assault/CnH) without having to add new queues for them. Different types of Arenas or Scenarios could randomly come up (like maps do for Arenas) from queuing for a type. So there would still be those 4 base queues allowing for other divisions.