test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[bit.ly/DOFFS]: DOffTrekker 3.0 OUT NOW!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Duty Officer System and R&D

:D

Public Service Announcement

bit.ly/DOFFS

is proud to present

DOffTrekker
VERSION 3.0

http://bit.ly/DOFFTREKKER3

:D

for quick starters:
I have put together all the Setup information you need in the Read Me (which is the first page you see after clicking on the link).
Just scroll down to the big green box that says SETUP INSTRUCTIONS.

It has been a long Time since the last Version 2 Update.
You will find many Layout changes and some nice new Functions.
Much of the background infrastructure has been updated to run more smoothly.
(the only thing i can't change is the sometimes bad performance of the Googledocs Servers at US peak time...)

Most important for you is probably that all the new Shiny DOff Assignments are now all supported by default.
The Account Overview now displays ALL tracked Missions.

New Missions can be added to the Custom Tracking Drop Down Menu on MY end (Server Side and for Everyone!).
So if you miss a certain assignment, first check in the drop down, it might have been added since the last time you looked in there, but if not just let me know the exact
- Assignment Name
- if it is available for FED and/or KDF?
- Duration and if possible the Cooldown (from mission start) so i can setup the data for the attached Timers.

The new Caitian / Ferasan Chain (currently on Tribble) is already supported, even though it's not even live yet...
but as soon as it goes to Holodeck we will be on it!

I think this will be the last BIG Version Number of the DOffTrekker for now,
at least until Heretic decides to throw more BIG Chains (and i mean colonial chain sized!!!) at us.

Or if the J-Man gets the go ahead from above for his Crafting Update,
i expect heavy DOff involvement in the next incarnation of Crafting, think Children's Toys or Reman Data Logs...
If that happens, then a version 4.0 probably will be happening... we'll see.
(with my luck, now that i've said it, there will be so much DOff stuff involved with Fleetbases that i have to do 4.0 right after the Season Update ;P )

Other than that there should only be small .01 updates if new Special DOffs gets added to the Checklist or another chain gets added here and there.

Any Feedback / Questions you have you can throw at me here.
Thread is Subscribed so i will not miss anything in here.

Join chat channels:
DOFFJOBS for DOff Discussions (and politics, religion, bacon and whatever else Off Topic stuff pops up)
and
DOFFCALLS for clean assignment call outs for the bit.ly/DOFFS Sheet

Get your DOffing ON!

Have Fun and may the Crit Chance be with you!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    All hail CptBANG!!!
  • Options
    omniusexoromniusexor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thank you for the work! This looks very nice! But how does it work?

Step 3 on the Setup instructions tells to scroll down to set the character up, but there is no Account Overview down there! :confused:

what i did:
    -opened bit.ly/DOFFS
    -opened: VIEWSCREEN 3
    -copied the sheet like its described in #1 of the setup instruction (all fields: PINEAPPLE)
    -set the timezone in both fields like its described in #2
    -scrolled the sheed down, cant find the Account Overview section

You didn't explain in your Setup instructions what page to open and copy so i guessed its one of the overview pages, maybe i got the wrong sheet?

Is the "Character Overview" a separate sheet?

In the Manual http://bit.ly/DOFFTREKKER3 is shown a picture of "FED/KDF Character Sheet", where can i find this?
    I tried to click on every link you have on the various sheets but none of them seems to direct me to the Character Sheet. Did i missed a secret hint on the instructions?

Very mysterious ...

---

EDIT:
    OK, found the problem, thx for the help.

It seems that this "Manual looking page" is actual the functional sheet it self! omg :D
    Just copy the page http://bit.ly/DOFFTREKKER3, then the 3 tab labels on the bottom of the browser window is selectable
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    helped him per in-game chat already, but anyway in case somebody reads this.

1 - you are not supposed to go to the "Viewscreen" for this.
    2 - he had not seen the TABS on the bottom of the googledoc, i might make a better hint of that in the Readme later...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    okkam88okkam88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Do I need to be logged in for it to pull my stuff initially or should it be able to pull over the web?
    "Back off man....I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    okkam88 wrote: »
    Do I need to be logged in for it to pull my stuff initially or should it be able to pull over the web?

You only need to be logged in to your google account. Open the doc and it will pull the info into the sheet, regardless of your status in game. great for checking to see if that one last chain mission is up anywhere. :)

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    aktarysaktarys Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm back using Dofftrekker since some time but I'm missing something regarding locations.

For example, what is the meaning of all the different DS9 locations? (ie DS9t, DS9g, DS9s...)

I was assuming it was standing for DS9 ground, system but I missed the t and when I see DS9g or DS9s I don't get the haggle missions there for example...

Is there a list of these somewhere?

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aktarys wrote: »
    I'm back using Dofftrekker since some time but I'm missing something regarding locations.

For example, what is the meaning of all the different DS9 locations? (ie DS9t, DS9g, DS9s...)

I was assuming it was standing for DS9 ground, system but I missed the t and when I see DS9g or DS9s I don't get the haggle missions there for example...

DS9t = speak to the Trader on DS9

DS9g = beam down to DS9 and anywhere on the station you will get the mission

DS9s = be in space/orbit aroung DS9, not sector space, to get the mission
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This post should definately be made a sticky. Links to the Doffsheet plus it mentions and explains both Doffjobs and Doffcalls, and therefore combies information about the best ingame rescource for Doffing and Doff-Questions.

While it might be half-a-year old, the information in it still is up to date.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aktarys wrote: »

At the bottom of the spreadsheet, click on the "Glossary" tab. This will list all the abbreviations for you.

btw - DS9t = Deep Space Nine Trader. You are correct on the other two.

"Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At the bottom of the spreadsheet, click on the "Glossary" tab. This will list all the abbreviations for you.
    You know, my copy of the dofftrekker sheet doesn't have that tab. Just the "READ ME or ELSE" tab, "Account Overview" and my character tabs. I had to open up one of the 'viewscreen' sheets to get the glossary. So if the OP is kinda dense like me, that info might be helpful. :)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You know, my copy of the dofftrekker sheet doesn't have that tab. Just the "READ ME or ELSE" tab, "Account Overview" and my character tabs. I had to open up one of the 'viewscreen' sheets to get the glossary. So if the OP is kinda dense like me, that info might be helpful. :)

Very good point! Except about being dense :)

I forgot, I made a copy of the glossary tab from the shared spreadsheet view, and then added it to my personal dofftrekker.

― Sereda Aleta Dailey

• Options
    sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Now, the fun question coming up is how is the Romulan faction going to be implemented into DOFFTrekker?

Just keep it as Fed/KDF and tag some mission chains [if there are any currently] as Romulan? And have the Romulan merchant doffs in a separate list? Or introduce R-FED and R-KDF as separate templates?

Not that I really have an opinion either way, I'm just curious.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just keep it as Fed/KDF and tag some mission chains [if there are any currently] as Romulan? And have the Romulan merchant doffs in a separate list?

So far I haven't seen any unique Romulan doff missions that would be worth noting on the sheet. The important stuff is from the faction they're alligning with, the rest just seem to be renamed, low-yield assignments.
  • Options
    asindar1asindar1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So far the only thing I have seen while testing on Tribble is that Romulans can do 2 General Recruitments and 2 Personal Officer Cadres (Romulan and the Academy for their faction), there isn't a cultural exchange on New Romulus. So possibly adding a General Recruitment - Romulan and Personal Officer Cadre - Romulan to the custom tracking so we could set separate timers on them.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i think i will leave it at FED + KDF templates, but i'm not 100% sure yet, haven't even unlocked DOffing on my Romulan yet, need to get some gametime in, just got through the tutorial so far (need a few more days to get my sensors lined up ;P )

But i think adding the few worthy assignments to the FED/KDF custom lists with a [ROM] tag in front of it should be enough.

the Handcrafted DOffs for Romulans in the Checklist will also be marked as such... depending on how many more there are to come (i know only of 4 so far, thats not a problem) i might decide to add a extra column to the right that FED/KDF Chars can just delete / hide.

Unless there are any ROM only Chains (don't think so, have heard nothing yet) and unless there is a Romulan counterpart for Lt. Ferra / S'taas [the CXP reward DOffs?] it won't have much of an impact on the DOffTrekker or even the DOff Checklist.

....honestly i am kind of disappointed here.
    Huge opportunity to add actual real new DOffing Content wasted... for the 2nd time (the last one was when Tau Dewa and New Romulus were added, but nothing for DOffs beyond a very static Eppoh rasing timer *meh* ...imho that isn't DOffing, that is abusing the DOff UI for crafting purposes and nothing more.)

I really had high hopes to see some more attention to the DOff System with this new Faction and therefore renewed activity and interest in the channels, but doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon....

The best thing for DOffTrekker and DOFFJOBS i can see happening here is renewed activity for the lower Chain Steps on all the old chains thx to all the new Fromulan and Kromulan Characters. Doesn't add much excitement to do the same things all over again, but at least there will be some more activity for a while.

There were very few players left by now that had not completed all the chains,
    so anybody looking for lower steps was pretty much looking around alone for it.
    Now at least for a few weeks there should be new characters able to see and do the lower Steps.

but that really is about it.

...for me it's good because i only have to do a few tweaks to the doc, no need to spend days to add a complete new faction etc.
    but it's bad for the DOffing community if nothing happens for so long.
    DOFFJOBS has pretty much deteriorated to the "where is NADORC?" channel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fcsp1910fcsp1910 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Greetings Z3ROB4NG

Thanks for your efforts on 3.11. Only prob I have is, that the new 'DOFFTREKKER' button (former 'timestamp') doesn't show up at all. Tried to reload, which fixed it in 3.04 most of time, but got no success. I'm using IRON (non spying G**gle Chrome Variant) and tried the latest Firefox - same result.

Edit: 3.04 works for me on both browsers

Any clues?

I'm an editor for some time now and I would love to use the new editor feature on the DOFFTREKKER spreadsheet. Thx in advance...

Lacea
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    yes that button is a bit unreliable sometimes, say thx to google's sometimes (often / regularly) laggy servers.

but i got a little workaround for that:

Tools > Script Manager > OnOpen > Run

that starts the Script that should autorun when you open your DOffTrekker copy,
    it does 2 things, #1 adds the button #2 randomizes the mirror (viewscreen) from which it pulls the data sheet from (nothing you need to worry about ...unless the mirror you're on goes all Pineapple on you, then you just press reload to connect to another random one).

...i guess i could add that info to the read me.

//if that doesn't work for you either i'd like to take a look at your copy (chances are there was some glitch in the copy process if it doesn't show up at all), using Firefox myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Many thanks for your quick reply and your efforts...but that little workaround didn't made the trick for me, I'm afraid. I end up having 'Script Center Menu' (with a 'Read Data' submenu) there instead of 'DOFFTREKKER' :confused: Same results for IRON & Firefox...

Fortunately I've kept my copy of 3.04 alive, so I'll keep going with that one ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    did you try making another copy of the template after the first one?

it is totally possible that google messed something up in the copy process...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Aye, Sir...tried it more than once. Always with a fresh copy of 3.11...

And amazingly, while waiting in the login queue, the next try moments ago was a complete success! No idea what went wrong on my earlier attempts. Ghost in the machine g**gle-wise I guess

Edit: The new feature is brilliant!!!...works like a charm with IRON btw :)

-> http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

Z3ROB4NG, thank you for your support and keep up the good work!

Cheers

Lacea
  • Options
    flynn444flynn444 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When I last played STO, I used v3.02 of DOFFTREKKER. 3.11 is out now and I was curious how to upgrade my current sheet to the latest. Or do I just have to copy my characters' data over by hand?
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNIQUE TO ALL TEMPORAL ACCORD AGENCIES:

The Department of Temporal Investigations has determined that this thread is a temporal anomaly. It should have died after there were no new posts after 30 days or more. DIT agents have acted to correct the anachronism and the proper timeline has been restored.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies or has been inactive for over 30 days before someone replied to it just report it and avoid posting in it per the Temporal Prime Directive.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to start a new timeline -- I mean, thread -- on the topic or to post in an existing active thread.

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.