test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Forum Maintenance

dezstravusdezstravus Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 2 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Hello Captains! Over the next 48 hours we will be performing maintenance on the Star Trek Online forums. During this time the forums should remain up, but may go offline for brief periods of time. We will post another update once everything is complete. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is that what the 2391 MB update is for on the launcher?
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is that what the 2391 MB update is for on the launcher?

The launcher has nothing to do with the forum. The patch was for the S8 pre-patch.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Please tell me this is not going to be another 6/20/12 disaster (Archived Post Day).
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    The launcher has nothing to do with the forum. The patch was for the S8 pre-patch.

Sweeeeet. I'd better disable the on-demand patching so I can get it in bulk.

Then wait a full day to play the new Season because there has to be emergency maintenance. Which brings me to this photo.
    Le photo
  • Options
    generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited November 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hello Captains! Over the next 48 hours we will be performing maintenance on the Star Trek Online forums. During this time the forums should remain up, but may go offline for brief periods of time. We will post another update once everything is complete. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

What kind of Maintenance is this your talking about??? :D
  • Options
    f9thaceshighf9thaceshigh Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    Please tell me this is not going to be another 6/20/12 disaster (Archived Post Day).

that happened because the forums were migrated from Cryptic's website to PWE's website. This just sounds like basic maintenance, nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    that happened because the forums were migrated from Cryptic's website to PWE's website. This just sounds like basic maintenance, nothing to worry about.

The last one sounded like 'basic maintenance' too.

PWE has made me paranoid of them.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited November 2013
    Now all we need as an Improbability Drive to make things really interesting.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Oh no...that future forum update Bran mentioned a year ago is going to take affect. BRACE FOR IMPACT!!!
  • Options
    thawitchking3thawitchking3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    my STO exe has deleteme on it and i could not play wtf was this because of it? i fix it now i just delete it lol
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hypl wrote: »
    Oh no...that future forum update Bran mentioned a year ago is going to take affect. BRACE FOR IMPACT!!!

Hey Everyone,

Nothing public-facing should be occurring during this maintenance. As far as I understand it, it's only some network maintenance that might require a few hardware reboots and maybe some cable swaps here and there. Sorry, nothing too exciting or scary. :)
  • Options
    empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey Everyone,

Nothing public-facing should be occurring during this maintenance. As far as I understand it, it's only some network maintenance that might require a few hardware reboots and maybe some cable swaps here and there. Sorry, nothing too exciting or scary. :)

If I am reading this right it means that all of our forums accounts will be deleted and our in game toons will all be erased.... I DEMAND a refund!
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey Everyone,

Yeah, we're doomed. Time to roll up a new account. :D
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey Everyone,

I'm really not joking when I say this reassurance actually scared me a lot...

(checking if I have all important links bookmarked, otherwise saved)
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!