test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - November 1, 2013

coldsnappedcoldsnapped Member Posts: 520 Cryptic Developer
We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131029a.3

General:
  • Resolved an issue which was causing Worf's VO to be missing in Sphere of Influence.
  • Space Adventure Zone
    • Found Mission - Rescue Research Vessels
      • Moved icon location to be where mission actually was.
    • Neighborhood missions have been adjusted to reward 10 Dyson Marks.
    • Mission randomization is now working again.
Post edited by coldsnapped on

Comments

• fabinoudu73fabinoudu73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And still no fix for us who CTD when launching the game. (Yes, tried everything that was possible to resolve this problem, no need to ask, thanks)
  • thisisthedoctorthisisthedoctor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd just like to politely point out that Romulan Republic characters still cannot use scarves from the last two years of Christmas / holiday events (Q's Winter Wonderland). This affects Romulan Republic characters allied with both the Federation and the KDF. It really needs to be fixed, especially as we're rapidly approaching the holiday / Christmas season again quite soon. The fact that these are already unlockable on Romulan Republic captain's but you can not actually equip them once unlocked is a problem. Please continue to allow them to be unlocked with Romulan Republic characters, but please allow us to actually wear them once they've been unlocked. :)

Many players, myself included, want to be able to wear the existing scarves on our Romulan Republic characters and some of us have already obtained and unlocked the scarves at significant cost from the Exchange. Please fix this very soon! Thank you very much in advance! Most appreciated.
  • satinpondsatinpond Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd just like to politely point out that Romulan Republic characters still cannot use scarves from the last two years of Christmas / holiday events (Q's Winter Wonderland). This affects Romulan Republic characters allied with both the Federation and the KDF. It really needs to be fixed, especially as we're rapidly approaching the holiday / Christmas season again quite soon.

I agree 100%.
  • admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Tribble is up, even though no devs/mods have notified us......
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'd just like to politely point out that Romulan Republic characters still cannot use scarves from the last two years of Christmas / holiday events (Q's Winter Wonderland). This affects Romulan Republic characters allied with both the Federation and the KDF. It really needs to be fixed, especially as we're rapidly approaching the holiday / Christmas season again quite soon. The fact that these are already unlockable on Romulan Republic captain's but you can not actually equip them once unlocked is a problem. Please continue to allow them to be unlocked with Romulan Republic characters, but please allow us to actually wear them once they've been unlocked. :)

Many players, myself included, want to be able to wear the existing scarves on our Romulan Republic characters and some of us have already obtained and unlocked the scarves at significant cost from the Exchange. Please fix this very soon! Thank you very much in advance! Most appreciated.

That will most likely be fixed prior to the winter event this year, if the jackets/scarves return. If they don't fix it there's gonna be a lot of screaming on the forums about it LOL. (The winter event started December 6, 2012 so I'm expecting it to start about the same time this year. That's not too far off from now.) This bug was reported during beta testing for LoR. Another player transferred a character to Tribble with the outfit boxes and mailed them to his/her romulan and found out they couldn't wear them. Just another bug that's gone months without being fixed.
  • richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nope still crash on loading screen
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2013

They could also fix the romulan alien size bug, or at least acknowledge its existence.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    aetam1 wrote: »
    They could also fix the romulan alien size bug, or at least acknowledge its existence.

aliens have always been able to be taller than other species, that being said if you see what looks like a human/romulan etc. that is WAY too tall it's more than likely a alien made to look like that.
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    aliens have always been able to be taller than other species, that being said if you see what looks like a human/romulan etc. that is WAY too tall it's more than likely a alien made to look like that.

Uh if aliens could be tall/small everything would be fine. But romulan aliens have the size restrictions of normal romulans once they choose their faction. Meaning everything is fine at char creation.
    But once you are past lvl 10 you are screwed if you visit a tailor. Once you edit your uniform the system auto corrects your size so you are within the romulan limits. So a romulan alien is stuck with the outfit they created in low lvls or they simply adjust their size to normal romulan limits. That bug has been reported multiple times. I am trying to report it myself since.. 3 months? I tried the forums, I reported it with the ig bug report system.... So far I am still unsure if they are even aware of the issue.

Edit: Might as well add a screenshot. You see the minimum size is 1.68m... as an alien. At char creation it is 1.37m.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • koigi#5311 koigi Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I can't play the mission sphere of influence on tribble. When you go through the portal and you need to unpack some boxes and give people medicines, that works good but when the door opens, everyone dissapear, because of that i cant play the game on tribb and i dont have a holodeck\live character so i cant fly that ship. can you guys please fix that before 5 december?
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    And yet another update with nothing about not being able to complete the tutorial. Spend all the time you want fixing the sphere but if a new player or toon can't get out of the tutorial they ain't gonna be able to play that part...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    We will be bringing down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update: ST.35.20131029a.3

General:
    • Resolved an issue which was causing Worf's VO to be missing in Sphere of Influence.
    • Space Adventure Zone
      • Found Mission - Rescue Research Vessels
        • Moved icon location to be where mission actually was.
      • Neighborhood missions have been adjusted to reward 10 Dyson Marks.
      • Mission randomization is now working again.

and yet nothing about the problem with the crashing who some people are having on tribble... lets hope this dont get to holodeck....
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    sch3ff3l wrote: »
    and yet nothing about the problem with the crashing who some people are having on tribble... lets hope this dont get to holodeck....

There's no reason to be passive-aggressive because one specific bug wasn't fixed before several other, presumably easier to figure out bugs were. There's even less reason to assume such a bug will go live to Tribble.

It's almost like this is a test server for new code or something, and they're working on it while people test it.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,360 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I just hope that one gets fixed in the next round. Well, that and the fact that I can't turn off half-graphics - that jagged blurry look is starting to give me a headache.

On the other tentacle, at least now someone beams down to Vega Colony with me, just before the game crashes...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    rob2485 wrote: »
    I really doubt some of the stuff you guys complain about will get fixed very fast. I ahve been reporting with tickets and in the forum that the Integral Remodulator, Part of the M.A.C.O. Ground set is not working.

Its been at least 3 months and I am still waiting on a fix. Plus auto Refine upon login is still not working. Works on Tribble but not on Holodeck. A feature of being a gold member. This is why im so mad about it because I actually paid for the feature. It is not that I am too lazy to click refine but its that I am paying for something that is not working. I will not assume they are not working on a fix but a paid feature needs a little more urgent attention.

Not sure if it was you or one of the other posts about the auto-refine. The way it currently works on Holodeck is that it will autorefine the previous days dilithum but not todays allowance. Its easy for you to test this, built up well over 8k ore on a character then log them out for a couple of days. When you log that character back in the ore will refine at that time.

It does not assume that you want to refine any ore you have for todays limit but it makes sure that you don't miss any refining capacity you have for days you miss. You can even test it with a smaller amount of ore. Aquire some ore on a character and log out when them for a couple of days. When you log in with them you will see the refine message in the system message when you log that character in once more.

If you are gold you will never miss a days worth of refining if you have the ore to be refined.
  • battykoda0battykoda0 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Can you fix the minimap soon? It is rather important since you get nothing but a "someone else killed a boss in the park while you and one other person ran back to get the last zone to spawn the bosses and the two of you could not kill the one in the city in time because everyone else was camped in the park and killed theirs in less than 2 minutes white yours was eating all the gamma" message. You need to be able to finish near where the most people are camping a boss OR you need to make it so if you participated in X captures of strategic points and had to run to a dead boss that you get rewarded for it. It's hard to do when you have to run around aimlessly looking for a red marker in the sky because they aren't on the maps.
    Wow. There is a new KDF Science ship. I'll be!
  • mynamesthedoctormynamesthedoctor Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Also please fix the problem where fleet uniforms can't be previewed in the fleet uniform tab. Thank you :)
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nope still crash on loading screen

I hate to be a bummer, friend, but you are the only one posting this issue, over and over. Something makes me think it's an issue on your client install, not an issue with the patches.
  • sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2013
    jaturnley wrote: »
    I hate to be a bummer, friend, but you are the only one posting this issue, over and over. Something makes me think it's an issue on your client install, not an issue with the patches.
    if you can go see other threads on the bug fix section... there is about of 7 pages of replies with people getting crashed on tribble...and only on tribble...and its already a 3 weeks problem there isnt even on the know issues section of the maintance threads...
    and if im not wrong there is gold players with this problem to... not just silvers...
    not trying to be the passive-agressive as the one up there said... im just concerned...
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • ikuruyoikuruyo Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    battykoda0 wrote: »
    Can you fix the minimap soon? It is rather important since you get nothing but a "someone else killed a boss in the park while you and one other person ran back to get the last zone to spawn the bosses and the two of you could not kill the one in the city in time because everyone else was camped in the park and killed theirs in less than 2 minutes white yours was eating all the gamma" message. You need to be able to finish near where the most people are camping a boss OR you need to make it so if you participated in X captures of strategic points and had to run to a dead boss that you get rewarded for it. It's hard to do when you have to run around aimlessly looking for a red marker in the sky because they aren't on the maps.

If you look at the map you can see where the silos are without the overlay. They are a circle with a box in it, there are a lot of circles on the map but only 1 in each area has a box in it.

If you don't have enough people to take on the V-Rex, don't. Just focus on killing the guys that drain the particles until the V-Rex hunting party is done where they are and move to the next one. As long as you can keep the drainers dead you can take your time killing the V-Rex. You can even sneak over using the edges of the room and kill them with a sniper rifle without ever engaging the V-Rex.