test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why six advanced swarmers?

emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
I appreciate the hidden bonus reward for the featured episode, but... why six of them when we can only use two? And I understand that Cryptic wants us to fly and enjoy the Obelisk, but limiting the swarmers to that ship is just awful. Especially when the 360 antiproton array and Obelisk warp core can be used on any ship. I want swarmers on my other carriers, dammit.
Post edited by emacsheadroom on

Comments

• doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They're just included redundantly in case you find things in the wrong order. You don't actually need all 6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well, first point. You could have stopped picking up more after the first set.
    Second. No, no and no. In general, items, consoles and so on are mostly able to be equipped on all ships. Where others/some are locked for specific reasons.

Why are you not asking for the Tholian and Jem'Hadar pets being enabled as well? Complain about it the right way.

''I want'', are used with little care to what repercussions that would follow. If they gave everything away, you wouldn't have a game to play.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Swarmers for other ships are a reward in the Spire fleet holding.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We don't always get what we want. :(

But if you try sometimes you just might find you get what need.
    <3
  • emacsheadroomemacsheadroom Member Posts: 994 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    dllmmo wrote: »
    Why are you not asking for the Tholian and Jem'Hadar pets being enabled as well? Complain about it the right way.

''I want'', are used with little care to what repercussions that would follow. If they gave everything away, you wouldn't have a game to play.[/COLOR]

You make a very good point! Why can't we have Dominion or Tholian or Caitian fighters available to all carriers? Ships aren't locked out of energy damage types or console sets. I don't need a Recluse or Orb Weaver to use the Tholian space sets, nor do I need a Warbird to use the Romulan or Reman space sets. So why should fighter types be locked to ship types?

And secondly, after the event is over, the only way to get an Obelisk will be via lobi store or exchange or fleet spire for far more energy credits than most players have. So those swarmer rewards become worthless after November 5th to anyone not in a sufficiently advanced fleet who didn't get to participate in the event and who doesn't have piles of credits or $50 to throw away on Zen. And players shouldn't have to pay real cash for lobi or fleet ship modules (or grind EC until their ears bleed) for a ship just to use the hangar pets they were given for running a mission. So we'll end up with a mission reward that will be unusable for many players. That's stupid.

If anything, the elite swarmers from the spire should be Obelisk-only in order to preserve their uniqueness, and the advanced versions from the mission reward should be the ones available to all carriers.
  • erraberrab Member Posts: 1,434 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Thanks all!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Umm well...For me I got 2 of them and in the UI command we can launch up 12 at a time.

And for that I am happy, Cause those damn Advanced Obelisk Swarmers do not last that long in battle.
    When I launch them, 3 of them will be destroyed within seconds or a few minutes.
    Maybe its just me, it is my first time commanding swarmers.

But in the end, The new Obelisk ship with the Advanced swarmers are AMAZING.!.

Quote Owner
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • jarheardjarheard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    opened for use pets is a very very very bad idea

the best example for that is the
    siphon drones ( pre nerfed versions )

and current one it elite interceptors
    that are completely a break pvp kind of pet .

all pets should be ship unique and if u want them u go work for the ship they are attached to .

everytime others get something intended for just one ship in this game it leads to OP combos which people tend to use very very fast in pvp
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited November 2013
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Swarmers for other ships are a reward in the Spire fleet holding.

Makes sense.
    edited November 2013
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I got 2 adv swarmers, dunno what the problem is.

I must be missing something.

How do I get the Adv Swarmers from the FE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    When you get to the part of the mission with the bridges you need to go to every single console and interact with it, even the ones on the dead ends.

Once you've interacted with the last one go back to one of the previous consoles on the dead ends and you will find a secret compartment.

Open it and you'll get the adv swarmers.

Everyone EXCEPT the very last one (the console where you reset the gateway network)
    In short, you should activate the 6 main consoles and 4 side consoles. As soon as you go through the red pathway and activated the last console, go back to one of the other dead end consoles.

If you activate the reset console, you cannot access them until the next play through.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    bumblebush wrote: »
    Umm well...For me I got 2 of them and in the UI command we can launch up 12 at a time.

And for that I am happy, Cause those damn Advanced Obelisk Swarmers do not last that long in battle.
    When I launch them, 3 of them will be destroyed within seconds or a few minutes.
    Maybe its just me, it is my first time commanding swarmers.

But in the end, The new Obelisk ship with the Advanced swarmers are AMAZING.!.

Quote Owner

you can get more swarmers out in 15 second ticks. so really you are not likely to run out of extra dps fodder any time soon.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »

Yes it's a very nice song :D
  • geforceultimategeforceultimate Banned Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We don't always get what we want
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,467 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I appreciate the hidden bonus reward for the featured episode, but... why six of them when we can only use two? And I understand that Cryptic wants us to fly and enjoy the Obelisk, but limiting the swarmers to that ship is just awful. Especially when the 360 antiproton array and Obelisk warp core can be used on any ship. I want swarmers on my other carriers, dammit.

2 for FE Obelisk, 2 for Lobi Obelisk, 2 for future fleet version (:p) and perhaps some can be exchanged in the future Voth reputation for Elite Swarmers.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • freedumb4evafreedumb4eva Member Posts: 269
    edited November 2013

You will be able to have swarmers for your other ships once your fleet unlocks them in the Spire Holding.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,467 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Now that makes sense.

When i doubt, follow the money :P
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited November 2013
    I simply forgot about the Lobi version. (And I bought one off the damn exchange for my Caitain. Derp!)

Wait maybe I'll give it to my Feresan. My Caitain has access to the Atrox.

The price for the advanced version of the Carrier is starting to fall in line with likes of the Recluse and the Jem Dread.

I picked up one for my Federation Engineer for 80 million EC and then kicked myself in the backside when not more than an hour later they were going for 75 million.

I'm curious has to what the fleet version of the carrier will offer over the advanced version.

Oh well at the very least I now know where to find all the advanced swarmer that I'll need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited November 2013
    twg042370 wrote: »

Doctor #11: "You never sent me where I wanted to go."
    Idris/TARDIS: "No. I always sent you where you needed to go."
  • fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    We don't "need" to have race specific carrier pets available to every race. It's a matter of personal preferences and everyone's preferences are different.

While I'm not personally against the idea I realize that even if the devs were willing to allow it, it's still going to get vetoed by CBS.

Lol. I don't really care for the Stones either...think you missed that.
  • fidelstixfidelstix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Rofl. I don't know where in your butt you pulled that conclusion from since you...

A. Weren't the person I was responding to, and

B. You hadn't even posted a comment in the thread before I made that post.

1. emacsheadroom
    2. doffingcomrade
    3. dllmmo
    4. sopwithsnipe
    5. assimilatedktar
    6. twg042370
    7. emacsheadroom
    8. sopwithsnipe - My post you quoted

In fact the first time you posted in this thread was at #28 where you made this claim I overlooked that you don't care for the stones.

So since I'm not a psychic, I can't possibly have missed something you never said before in this thread.

Nice try tho. :rolleyes:

Or are you telling us you use two accounts to account hop and post on the forums to confuse people as to your true forum identity and get around possible forum moderation?

Medication needs adjustment perhaps? I don't even know why I'm bothering, but just in case I prevent someone from snapping over nothing. OK, here we go:

In post #4 you wrote: "we don't always get what we want"

followed by member twg042370 quoting you and responding with: "But if you try sometimes you just might find you get what need."

Both your line and twg042370's line are direct quotes from a Rolling Stones song. It appeared to me that you had missed this clear homage to a well known song because perhaps you are not a fan of the Rolling Stones, neither am I. I however did catch the reference, that's all.

How that led to you getting all freaked out and panties twisted is beyond comprehension. But there's the explanation so you can chill and resume your normal routine.

And please, for the love of God, take the cat OUT of the microwave.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    i generally found beyond a silly yellow liquid slashing match that the adv swarmers last long enough. there was this one mission where some reached 5 stars and survived at least a few minutes. they can survive you just need to get involved in the orders once in a while.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    errab wrote: »
    I'm curious has to what the fleet version of the carrier will offer over the advanced version.

AFAIK, the Fleet version is what the FE version is.....currently its free as the FE, but once its done the only way to get it is the exchange, lobi, or the fleet spire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p