test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't edit Foundry projects

dafmeisterdafmeister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
I'm trying to start work on my first Foundry project, but I've been unable to access the editor. I can get to the main Foundry screen, but whenever I select a project and click on 'Edit Project', a box pops up saying that it is waiting for the editing server to start and load updates. This persists for 30-60 minutes, after which I get disconnected from the server. The next time I try, the same thing happens.

Any ideas as to what's going wrong? I tried submitting a helpdesk ticket about this, but they seemed to latch on to the word 'Foundry' and sent back a response saying, in brief, that they can't provide support for playing Foundry episodes. I've submitted a new ticket with a subject line that more explicit states that this is a problem with the editor, not playing an episode, but my confidence in getting a useful reply has taken a bit of a knock.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Well the first part about waiting for the editing server to start is normal. It doesn't usually take that long, but it does usually take a few minutes.

The disconnect however sounds like a lagout. That's the same message you get if you get a lag spike during an STF and lose your connection.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • dafmeisterdafmeister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I thought it looked familiar. I don't know why I'd be getting lag every time I try to use the Foundry, though.
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2013
    Have you turned off On-demand patching? This can be done via Options in the launcher. The on-demand patching function and the Foundry don't play well together.
    STO QA Team
  • pope2143pope2143 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm having the same issue here, and I tried turning off the On-demand patching yet still no dice, any extra tips would be appreciated.
  • dafmeisterdafmeister Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My Foundry is now working. I deleted the existing Foundry character and created a new one, after that I was able to get in fine, so either it was a problem with the old character or a complete coincidence.
  • finaltom5finaltom5 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    pope2143 wrote: »
    I'm having the same issue here, and I tried turning off the On-demand patching yet still no dice, any extra tips would be appreciated.

I am having the same issue as well. I got a return ticket from cryptic telling me to re-install everything and turn off on-demand as well, and none of it worked. Then i had to leave town and lost my ticket from timing out.

I will try the deleteing charecter and starting anew, as soon as we are able to log back into the game from this S8 crash.

I will check back in
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    um, I think editing is still turned off for the auto republish.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.