Install Arc
Options

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

Comments

• Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    felderburg wrote: »
    I don't seem to have the belt, the shoulder / collar things, or the Tal Shiar sash, either. Is that intended, or am I supposed to look like one of the Tal Shiar peons rather than one of the commanders?

I kinda have the same thing going on. All characters get the top, pants and boots. However, males get the cowl while females get the belt (exclusively). I don't have an option for the shoulder pads either.
  • Options
    valdescaavaldescaa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In order to help the community get that canon look I developed this guide. I hope you find it useful. Enjoy!

Index:

The Canon Uniforms have been moved to their own page in order to make room for future additions. Click on the Canon Uniforms link in the Index above to go to that page.

Notice that I've labeled these as per the usual positions the colors were used to designate in the shows and movies, not by the generalized Tactical, Engineering and Science careers they are used to designate in game.

Note: Due to limited color choices and lack of certain details, these uniforms may not appear perfectly accurate with canon. However, within the constraints of the game, they are as close as you can possibly get. All uniforms have been tested in various lighting environments in the game in order to insure the most accurate color choices possible.

For those that crave more accuracy, I use a Dell E198WFP Monitor with the Color preset Normal. My Color Profile is sRGB IEC61966-2.1. These are the standard settings for most PCs and Monitors.

Enjoy!

:cool:
    /Vote Sticky and Suscribed Thanks impresive Work nice pics
    Time Zone Spain. GMT +2. I'm not English, so try to understand my texts from the context.Thanks. Acolade Complete: Discontinuing Payment.
  • Options
    millicmillic Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i just figured out the Colors of the Tal Shiar uniform worn by some NPCs, it is not 100% correct, but bette than anything i was able to find: http://i.imgur.com/KJQgeAe.png
    Colors are:
    top - I4/I12/I12/I12
    chest - P18/P18/P18/O1
    lower - H2/H11/H1
    boots - P1/P1/P1/P1
  • Options
    pepper198626pepper198626 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dont know if i missed it but is there any tng season 1 uniform color guide anywere?
  • Options
    gorkkongorkkon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any idea how to get the Tal Shiar/Romulan chest gear piece with the Romulan bird in the middle and the crossed straps? I'm level 50 and can't seem to find them in the clothing options.
  • Options
    oddboyoutoddboyout Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    gorkkon wrote: »
    Any idea how to get the Tal Shiar/Romulan chest gear piece with the Romulan bird in the middle and the crossed straps? I'm level 50 and can't seem to find them in the clothing options.

It's currently only available for male characters.
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dont know if i missed it but is there any tng season 1 uniform color guide anywere?

Here you go my friend. Hope they help: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Guide:_Uniform_colors/Canon_uniforms#TNG_Uniforms_-_Season_1.2B2
  • Options
    malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think I have gotten the palette for the Nemesis/Enterprise era Romulan uniforms using the current Tal Shiar top, but we are missing several key clothing options so there is no exact match as of yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starfleetops1990starfleetops1990 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any idea when we should be getting the colors for Romulan/Reman uniforms?
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any idea when we should be getting the colors for Romulan/Reman uniforms?

There are a few missions where you're undercover with the Tal Shiar, so that's a good place to get those colors when they're not shooting at you. The Republic uniforms have their own default colors, it seems, if you don't go to the advanced tab.

As for Remans... I think the Romulan FE has some on the ground that might be useful?
  • Options
    rickeyredshirtrickeyredshirt Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The problem with the Tal Shiar uniforms right now is that a different palette is displayed depending on the character/boff. On my Rom Eng you cannot use any purples, palette goes from yellow to blue to black. All the 'core' boffs are the same except Veril, who's palette goes from light blue to blue to purple to black. My Lib Borg Tac has that same palette and so do all of his boffs. It's odd that Satra, Hiven, and Tovan Khev have 1 palette on 1 character and a completely different one on another. Females can't wear gloves but males can, makes no sense.

I've tried to recreate the Commander Janek uniform as much as possible as there are many variants of the Tal Shiar uniform displayed in the game. Depending on what palette displays for you, the combo would be G21, H1, H8, H1 for the top and the H1 all the way around for the belt, pants and boots. They come out looking like this. Hopefully more options and the proper palette will be added/fixed in the future.
  • Options
    starfleetops1990starfleetops1990 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm referring to the TOS/TNG and maybe if they will ever be released, the DS9 uniforms
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Any chance of doing something for the Odyssey uniforms?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Y'know, I don't think I've seen any NPCs wearing the Odyssey uniforms. Since they were created for STO specifically, without NPCs to reference there's no "canon" color palette. I would suspect standard blacks / dark grays with the three divisional colors for shoulders would work just fine.
  • Options
    takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    felderburg wrote: »
    Y'know, I don't think I've seen any NPCs wearing the Odyssey uniforms. Since they were created for STO specifically, without NPCs to reference there's no "canon" color palette. I would suspect standard blacks / dark grays with the three divisional colors for shoulders would work just fine.

Agreed. :)

I also use white for the trim, and a medium gray for the undershirt--otherwise, I use a similar color scheme to my Sierra-1 Uniforms. :cool:
    76561198160276582.png
  • Options
    archanubisarchanubis Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Has anyone seen Blackavaar since LoR went live?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    archanubis wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Blackavaar since LoR went live?

I thought he stop playing the game?

Also, the wrath of khan uniform isn't accurate any more because they changed the colour pallet select to that of Skin and Hair colour instead of Uniform.

Same with the Combadge, there isn't even a proper gold anymore.

In other news, we now have proper rank insignia for the uniform.
  • Options
    milner62milner62 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    I thought he stop playing the game?

Also, the wrath of khan uniform isn't accurate any more because they changed the colour pallet select to that of Skin and Hair colour instead of Uniform.

Same with the Combadge, there isn't even a proper gold anymore.

In other news, we now have proper rank insignia for the uniform.

So its not just me having a hard time trying to create the Wrath of Khan uniform for my crew.

I was wondering why is all the colors not matching up to the codes that they were before and why are there more colors for metallic items such as the badges.
  • Options
    kenshinukkenshinuk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Yeah the pallet for me goes to Q so the codes don't match up. The undershirts now come out as garish neon colours. :eek:

I also have an odd glitch where the belt colour seems to be linked to that of the badge and vice versa.

Hopefully this will be cleared up soon as i'd like my crew to match.
    The rank additions are a nice touch, additional arm sleeve pips would be great too!
  • Options
    exa12exa12 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    kenshinuk wrote: »
    Yeah the pallet for me goes to Q so the codes don't match up. The undershirts now come out as garish neon colours. :eek:

I also have an odd glitch where the belt colour seems to be linked to that of the badge and vice versa.

Hopefully this will be cleared up soon as i'd like my crew to match.
    The rank additions are a nice touch, additional arm sleeve pips would be great too!

the pallet has be changed from the standard Starfleet one to one based on the Off-duty one

the best solution to linked colours is to switch one to a different item that isn't linked while you adjust their colours

for spoiler text use #1b1c1f
  • Options
    rockplant1rockplant1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm still trying to recreate Captain Walker's uniform so far I think the main part is G-18 I just can't figure out what his sleeve is any help would be great. Here is a link I've been using as a guide http://sto.gamepedia.com/File:Walker.png.
  • Options
    hn45hn45 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't know if anyone cares or this has been done before, but I wanted to figure out the default Honour Gaurd colours as seen on the armor item piece when equipped to use in the tailor. I Thought I'd post them here in case they haven't been done so before and anyone wanted to know them.

Helmet: F7, A3
    Upper: A15, A22, A2
    Hands: C9, E22
    Arm Attach, left & right: A2
    Shoulder Pads, left & right: A2, A15
    Shoulder Accessory 2 (Cape): A13, A13, B17, F16
    Collar: A4, A12
    Chest Gear: A20, *A4, A2, F13
    Wrist Attach, left & right: A1
    Back: *A4, *A2, *A4
    Belt: A4
    Lower: A14, B10
    Feet: A4, B21, A2, B17

* The default colours are unobtainable in the tailor and these are recommendations
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu344/Blackavaar/Screen%20Shots/StarTrekOnline/Uniforms/fed_offduty_vorta_eris.png - Now that is cute! However, Eris' hair is more like the one I've got in my char. :)

Omg haha, I stumbled across this on Google. My Eris looks almost exactly like that, but she is in the KDF and wears Klingon ceremonial armor.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I'm referring to the TOS/TNG and maybe if they will ever be released, the DS9 uniforms

I know this post is kind of old now, but here are my TOS colors:

Red (Command):

Upper: C23, A21
    Sash: A21
    Hands: I1, I1, I1 (use padded gloves - optional)

Belt: I24
    Lower: I24, A21 (male) / C23 (female)
    Bare Legs: Stockings
    Feet: I24, I24, I24

Blue:

Helmet: A21, O22 (optional)

Upper: C23, A21
    Sash: G22 (optional)
    Hands: I1, I1, I1 (use padded gloves - optional)

Belt: I24
    Lower: I24, G22
    Feet: I24

You may want to use the pinker side of the red palette, I've tried both and which looks closer to the show really depends on lighting. You can't really do the gloves right, so I suggest not using them. The uniform is way too shiny, but otherwise this looks pretty authentic.

I bought the TNG uniforms yesterday since they were on sale and played around with them a bit, but I don't really have any colors accurate enough to post yet. (For one thing, the bluish gray available to the free Romulan stuff is missing from the C-store uniforms for some reason. The "camo" uniform should use this color, but it's not possible :rolleyes:)
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Alright, here are my TNG Romulan attempts. I doubt these are anywhere near as good as someone like Blackavaar could've gotten them, so I'm definitely open to suggestions on improving them.

Padded Camo

Upper: I20, I23, I20

Lower: I22
    Feet: I23, I23, I23

I mentioned above that the correct color has more of a blue tint to it, but that color isn't available in the palette for these uniforms. I did my best with the grays we do have available, since it seems unlikely that the palette will be updated given the track record with this stuff. :(

In season 1, the undershirt and pants were black instead of dark gray, so use I24 for those and a sash + sash belt instead of a harness if you want to recreate the earlier look. You can't get the collar, though.

Padded Checker

Upper: B12, I21, I21

Lower: I21
    Feet: I22, I22, I22

Half the checks on this uniform have a noticeably orange tint to them in close up shots, B12 seems to be the best color for recreating this in-game. Because of the material, it will become significantly darker looking when viewed at a distance than up close.

I matched this based on a camera close to the player, I doubt it's possible to make it look right at a distance considering I'm already using the lightest shade of orange available.

Personally, though, I prefer to just do this in two shades of gray. It looks closer to how it did in shots from farther away. The orange contrasts too much at a distance.

Padded Tile

Upper: I22, I23, I23

Lower: I23
    Feet: I24, I24, I24

The "tiles" on this are way too big compared to the show and you can't adjust their color, making it even more garish than it should be.

Accessories

Sash:

Sash: A1, I24, I24, I24
    Belt: I24, I24, I24, I1

The sash was only used in one episode, and only appeared on the "camo" uniform. Lower ranking crew didn't have sashes and the harnesses weren't in use yet.

The sash seems to be black with a barely noticeable red tint to it. Even in HD captures, it's really impossible to judge the color correctly. I put the first color down as A1 to try to simulate this, but you wouldn't be wrong if you went for all black instead IMO.

Bronze Harness:

Chest Gear: A19, A18, A17, A17
    Belt: A19, A18, A17, A17

Gray Harness:

Chest Gear: A24, A23, A22, A22
    Belt: A24, A23, A22, A22

In addition to normal and "no loop", there appear to be two variants of the harness: A bronze-colored one, and a gray one. I did my best to recreate these, but it's not really possible to get the colors correct.

Like the uniforms themselves, there doesn't seem to be much consistency to how these were used. If there's some divisional/rank difference between them, I certainly can't figure it out.
  • Options
    llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Are the proper colours for the ARC Khan outfit in this thread someplace? I'm colourblind and doing the Khan outfit right is a killer for me.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    llywarch wrote: »
    Are the proper colours for the ARC Khan outfit in this thread someplace? I'm colourblind and doing the Khan outfit right is a killer for me.
    I'm not at my gaming computer, but happen to have my uniform checklist handy and these are the colors I used:

Off Duty Bare Chest: O3 / O6 / P8 / A12
    Khan's Gloves: A1 (P1) / A4
    Khan's Pendant: P8 / O2 / A1 / P1
    Khan's Wristband: A8 / P24 / N8
    Weathered (Under)Shirt: P12 / P18
    Khan's Belt: O24 / A22 / B1
    Khan's Pants: O24
    Khan's Boots: P18 / O19 / O19 / P18 (O3 / O3 / P20 / P17)
    Helmets and Wraps: H10 / A10 / P1 / P1

I can't remember why I have some numbers in parentheses, but I think those were for either KDF or Romulans who had a different pallet.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    llywarchllywarch Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Thanks! Looks Great!
  • Options
    hoodlum19hoodlum19 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I don't suppose you know a way to remake (the closest possible) the Romulan Nemesis uniform, right?
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello.

I was wondering if anyone has worked out the correct colours for the uniforms worn by the Enterprise-F senior crew?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
This discussion has been closed.