test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleaning Leaderboards

darthmalendarthmalen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Fleet System and Holdings
I was wondering if there could ever be a way to remove old fleet members leaderboard scores?
Post edited by darthmalen on

Comments

• peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I don't think there is, but as a fleet leader who inherited his fleets from people who no longer play the game, I would very much like this feature.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Want to erase some bad memories? Like a photo of Stalin that gradually has fewer and fewer other people in it?

Sorry, that just doesn't seem like a good idea. What if one of those people returns to the fleet at a later time?
    edited October 2013
    Want to erase some bad memories? Like a photo of Stalin that gradually has fewer and fewer other people in it?

Sorry, that just doesn't seem like a good idea. What if one of those people returns to the fleet at a later time?

In some cases there is a good reason why they won't.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • doffingcomradedoffingcomrade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In many cases, those people are guaranteed to never return because they no longer exist, as I deleted them...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i think any option to erase the record of a past members contribution to the fleet would be disgusting.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have no problem with the past fleet members being listed on the leaaderboard... if they are still at the top.. you lost a good player, and they deserve credit for that they helped accomplish.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    But since we are on the subject... I would really like to be able to see contributions by @handle (account) as well as character.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • misslithanymisslithany Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i think any option to erase the record of a past members contribution to the fleet would be disgusting.

Agreed. It doesn't matter if that character is no longer part of the fleet, that player is no longer playing the game, or no longer with us. As long as the fleet remains so to should their contribution.
    edited October 2013

Meh, matter of opinion.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • rbatalla1977rbatalla1977 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I think the leaderboards should stay how they are now. On the other hand, I would like a better way to track the active members contributions. This would help to be able to reward them for their participation and recognition. Now I have to track this manually, but I hope there is a tool in the future to make this easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Don't erase history, but a toggle for active/all would be nice
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I have no problem with the past fleet members being listed on the leaaderboard... if they are still at the top.. you lost a good player, and they deserve credit for that they helped accomplish.

Absolutely they still helped you get to where you are. Maybe the attitude that their contributions did not matter and do not matter is one of the reasons they are no longer with you.

Solution to this is stop obsessing over the leaderboard and treat your fleet members equally like valued assets and not some sort of fleet credit mule.
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited November 2013
    I think the leaderboards should stay how they are now. On the other hand, I would like a better way to track the active members contributions. This would help to be able to reward them for their participation and recognition. Now I have to track this manually, but I hope there is a tool in the future to make this easy.

How about just getting PWE to implement a proper sort by overall earnings column, right now they don't do it properly, when i choose sort when earning are up, it does not put them in actual ascending/descending order. Or allow leaders to mark levels so we know when a member achieves a threshold deserving of promotion or recognition.:rolleyes:
  • amwolfeamwolfe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Easy to do. Go earn more. Then the names will move down. If you aren't out earning people that aren't even part of your fleet anymore, I'd say that's a failing on your part.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Don't erase history, but a toggle for active/all would be nice
    I suppose that would be useful. Or maybe color coding? have the now departed members shown in grey?
    paulyman wrote: »
    Absolutely they still helped you get to where you are. Maybe the attitude that their contributions did not matter and do not matter is one of the reasons they are no longer with you.

Solution to this is stop obsessing over the leaderboard and treat your fleet members equally like valued assets and not some sort of fleet credit mule.
    Yeah it boggles my mind as to why more than one person who invested so much in their fleet was willing to leave.
    amwolfe wrote: »
    Easy to do. Go earn more. Then the names will move down. If you aren't out earning people that aren't even part of your fleet anymore, I'd say that's a failing on your part.
    Agreed, it's inevitable that they'll go down as other people contribute more.
    rob2485 wrote: »
    In some cases you can't out earn higher players in the leaderboard because they were top contributor now they left the fleet.

in my fleet there are several that were top contributor and now they have left so passing them will take a long time.
    Welll.... better get to work then. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • projectfrontierprojectfrontier Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Too bad for them.
    edited November 2013

Chances are if the fleet leader wanted to remove them from the leader board, then they probably aren't welcome back anyway.

One fleet that I have an alt in has a rule that if you leave for ANY reason you are permanently banned from ever returning.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy