test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A few changes that could help ground PvP a lot. (might as well try again)

buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvP Gameplay
I play as Science. Biochemist Doff (-10 damage resist on all abilities) stacks too high. I think it should only apply on kit powers instead of Captain and kit powers. Also if it could only stack from one source at a time.

I would like to see Biofilter Sweep clear Nanite infection, Borg infection, Biochemist Doff stacks, Cryo immobilizer, etc. It also needs a shorter cooldown, but not too much shorter. And a better choice of kits to be in.

Any others?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• buccaneerdtbbuccaneerdtb Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    deokkent wrote: »
    I think the physicist kit with doff reduction is a little bit too much. I fear this one is the a2b of ground, but without any real counters.

I actually do not like anything that reduces the timers, space or ground. The timers were a means of balance and by reducing them chaos has reigned. With standard timers all the powers could actually be reasonably balanced.
  • onlyslightlybentonlyslightlybent Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think the biggest problem with ground is that people aren't playing it. They need to give better incentives for people to play pvp, especially ground pvp more. Maybe more dilithium?, maybe a pvp event?, or maybe a pvp fleet event?.

Then they need to also make new damn pvp maps.

But it doesn't matter what I think, the devs aren't doing anything with pvp right now, as far as I know. But I've read they plan on doing a pvp overhaul and featuring it as a season and don't want to do pvp "half-assed", by doing little adjustments.

I'm not going to hold my breath because the devs also said they'd be doing other things before, but instead of getting those we get dinosaurs.
  • majortiraomegamajortiraomega Member Posts: 2,214 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I play as Science. Biochemist Doff (-10 damage resist on all abilities) stacks too high. I think it should only apply on kit powers instead of Captain and kit powers. Also if it could only stack from one source at a time.

I would like to see Biofilter Sweep clear Nanite infection, Borg infection, Biochemist Doff stacks, Cryo immobilizer, etc. It also needs a shorter cooldown, but not too much shorter. And a better choice of kits to be in.

Any others?
    Be careful about adding extra cleanses to Biofilter sweep, Season Eight will be adding Biofilter sweep to the Medic kit. Medic Mk XII will have Nanite Health Monitor III, Vascular Regenerator III, Medical Tricorder IV, and Biofilter Sweep II.

The last thing I'd want to see would be medics with the ability to remove Nanite infestation (3 minute cooldown science captian ability) with a short cooldown ability like biofilter sweep. Nanite infestation is one of the few methods left in a 1v1 medic against medic where one medic can kill the other medic.
    I think the physicist kit with doff reduction is a little bit too much. I fear this one is the a2b of ground, but without any real counters.
    The physicist kit abilities are fine on their own, the problem is the biochemist doff, as it allows them to super stack damage resistance. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a minimum cooldown of 10 seconds imposed upon Hyperonic Radiation and Exothermic Induction Field.
    Yeah, timers in ground are pretty skewed. The worst offender in my opinion is the tactical initiative though. I really don't think it should give an AoE cool down reduction buff to everything, with infinite range (as far as I can tell anyway). Can you imagine a premade team with 2 or 3 tacs that rotate tactical initiate? Holy TRIBBLE!

There is nothing wrong with Tactical Initiative, it should be a team wide buff. Tactical ability cooldowns are scaled around the fact that they have tactical initiative. Almost all of their abilities have cooldowns that are 45 or more seconds in duration. One tactical officer is fine for a short while, but once they burn off tactical initiative, they have 40 seconds where they can't do much. Whereas science officer cooldowns are short and can be cycled rapidly. Even with Tactical Initiative up, Science officers do not get much return on the abilities. Engineers usually don't gain much from Tactical initiative either, with the exception of Equipment Diagnostics, as that has a 1 minute 30 second cooldown with a 30 second uptime.
    --->Ground PvP Concerns Directory 4.0
    --->Ground Combat General Bugs Directory
    Real join date: March 2012 / PvP Veteran since May 2012 (Ground and Space)
    edited October 2013
    Be careful about adding extra cleanses to Biofilter sweep, Season Eight will be adding Biofilter sweep to the Medic kit. Medic Mk XII will have Nanite Health Monitor III, Vascular Regenerator III, Medical Tricorder IV, and Biofilter Sweep II.

What? Do they have no idea how to build a kit? A medic can heal through most of that, I wanted a more jack of trades kit with a cleanse. More like this...

Tachyon Harmonic, Biofilter Sweep, Lava (whatsitcalled), Sonic Pulse

I can dream right?
    edited October 2013
    I'm pretty sure if tacs activate the ability every 20 seconds will make some truly scary stuff happen.

That has been the center of ground mechanics for a long time. Are you new? I don't mean that as an insult. I just see you posting about not good at ground and not into ground PVP.
  • nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, I just started using physicist with geologist and biochemist doffs. It is an incredibly powerful build, a team can almost one shot an elite tac borg with the right combo. I haven't used it for pvp, but I see its potential....

It only has that potential because it's doing something it's not supposed to be doing, which is stacking w/o limit.
  • mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have already said that we need a random teaming game mode for the casual players who want to just have fun and do not want to face the premades which have made the ground Q barren in the first place.
    edited October 2013
    What? Do they have no idea how to build a kit? A medic can heal through most of that, I wanted a more jack of trades kit with a cleanse. More like this...

Tachyon Harmonic, Biofilter Sweep, Lava (whatsitcalled), Sonic Pulse

I can dream right?

Personally, I would have liked to see them give Medic Mk XII Tachyon Harmonics II, but I have a feeling there would have been an Engineer outrage. Biofilter sweep is very redundant to Vascular Regenerator.

Physicist Mk XII will be getting Tachyon Harmonics II, Operative Mk XII will be getting Smoke Grenade II, Squad Leader Mk XII will be getting Suppression Fire II, Enemy Neutralization will be getting Quantum Mortar II, and Bunker Fabricator Mk XII will be getting Shield Recharge II.
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I pretty much love ground pvp :)

as for fixes my mind immediately goes to "perma-stun/knockback" combo weapons and the double cloaks.

All in all if there's a fix for this then I'd def enjoy the large ground assault maps like othas a lot more :D
    [SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
  • talzerotwotalzerotwo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I have already said that we need a random teaming game mode for the casual players who want to just have fun and do not want to face the premades which have made the ground Q barren in the first place.

+1 to this, most things arent considered broken until its... well not abused, but rather made overeffective to the point it wasnt designed to be. Case in point premade premade vs random tyler durden premade balance

[SIGPIC]http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5[/SIGPIC]
    Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
    Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
    edited October 2013
    talzerotwo wrote: »
    I pretty much love ground pvp :)

as for fixes my mind immediately goes to "perma-stun/knockback" combo weapons and the double cloaks.

All in all if there's a fix for this then I'd def enjoy the large ground assault maps like othas a lot more :D
    Double cloak has been fixed since Season 7. Stun is easy enough to resist with 6 points in willpower, the stubborn trait, and hypos on emergency reserve. Knockback and Cryo Immobilizer Module are still significant problems on the disable side of things.
    How high can you stack the biochemist debuff anyway? I have a hard time believing this thing has no cap.

60, if you have five science officers (12 debuffs each over 5 seconds, up to 20 after 15 seconds), most targets will die after about 5-10 stacks though. It would be difficult to find a target that would stay alive long enough to get it beyond 20. I think the most I've seen stacked upon my science officer is 27, but at the time I had two other science officers stacking Triage III on my character to help counter the problem.

After you get beyond three stacks + tricorder scan, things start to get really stupid. And if you had a team of 20 science officers, you could get 240 duty officer stacks if you really wanted, but why would you need -2400 all damage resistance stacked upon a target anyway? Fortunately as Nulonu has said, a patch is coming and we will be getting a stack limit added.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    In case a dev reads this, the creative trait is not affecting engineering captain and kit abilities. For details, see the thread I created in the Tribble bug forum:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=896211

Also, the in-game profanity filter is too strict: it wouldn't let me submit the bug report on Tribble.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    edited October 2013
    Biofilter sweep is very redundant to Vascular Regenerator.

Yes, but they found a way to get self-healing medics to benefit the team more.
    edited October 2013
    My god... That's extremely broken lol. Basically science can debuff you so much that virtual air could kill you. :eek:

Stack biochemist debuff and kill people with fuse armor enhanced with doffs :D... Easy pizzy kills.

Why do you think teams of Science Captains have been running around? Some people prefer to spam the broken abilities.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Those days of playing legitimately are over long ago, now most of the players use every advantadge that they can get, map designs problems, broken abilities, bugs, etc. Even the premades do that.

And yeah, no one seems to care, even the dev team, after all just a bunch of crazy people play Ground PvP, sadly.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • cbrandtcbrandt Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mrkollins wrote: »
    Those days of playing legitimately are over long ago, now most of the players use every advantadge that they can get, map designs problems, broken abilities, bugs, etc. Even the premades do that.

And yeah, no one seems to care, even the dev team, after all just a bunch of crazy people play Ground PvP, sadly.

I have to agree with you, though I question if "Those days" ever existed. I have been on Otha and PvP a long time... seen fleets rise and fall with the "gun of the month" coming and going.

But I for one keep trying to play fair as I can, no macros, no spacebar does everything or bots. [Note not all the things I mention are "Wrong" just I prefer clicking many buttons to clicking ONE button. But then again I like the old tough games like Megaman.]

To all those who give-up on PvP space or ground or can no longer stand the people in it, remember though few, there are those who play fair as they can. For every fair player its one less exploiter in PvP.

P.S. PLEASE keep in mind, I am not talking about the rule happy [lets just say "mean people."] That isn't very fair either. I am talking those who at the very least only use WHAT THEY DON'T MIND BEING DONE TO THEM. [So if you use type three phaser's that's fine so long as you don't complain that they use them.]

CABrandt and Carmen, spawn guardians.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tip of the Spear
    >