test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Liberated BOFFs: must they all be female?

mcduffie369mcduffie369 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
I just got the Liberated Romulan boff and assumed she was a male to my surprise. It's not a big deal, but I was hoping to have a male. My Liberated federation boff is a female as well. It would be cool if there was a gender option for boffs like them.
Post edited by mcduffie369 on

Comments

• stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Why would you assume the boff was male when the only liberated borg in canon is female? Cryptic is clearly trying to emulate canon, which is why the liberated borg is female and the photonic is male, like the doctor. I am not saying they should not have male version. I am simply addressing your assumption.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yes. Yes they must.

P.S. You need the my little pony theme in your next YT video.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Because all of the male Borg body suits looks like they're wearing *skinny* body suits...skinny jeans on a guy isn't flattering and a whole skinny suit is even worse! :P
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    There's two liberated male boffs, the Reman and the Khitomer STF Borg Sci, though one is locked to Romulan faction and the other is non customizable. So not all female.:)
    female.

It is only natural that by now there would be numerous liberated borg out there. It is quite a while when all the information what crew of U.S.S. Voyager brought back from Delta quadrant and thus, it is only natural progression that the knownledge about how to liberate borg would be widespread and used as much as it can be. This is nothing against canon, more like natural progression of it i would say.
    Captain Hunt, at your service!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    radagast75 wrote: »
    Those original pre-order or was it deluxe ed, dont remember.. Anyhow, those should be made so that you can select a member of your factopm as a race for it and then male or
    female.

It is only natural that by now there would be numerous liberated borg out there. It is quite a while when all the information what crew of U.S.S. Voyager brought back from Delta quadrant and thus, it is only natural progression that the knownledge about how to liberate borg would be widespread and used as much as it can be. This is nothing against canon, more like natural progression of it i would say.
    If I remembor correctly, the borg fled the quadrant shortly after voyager returned. They were gone for 35 years and only just returned at vega. The borg have only been back days/weeks/months, depending on your rank in the game.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just got the Liberated Romulan boff and assumed she was a male to my surprise. It's not a big deal, but I was hoping to have a male. My Liberated federation boff is a female as well. It would be cool if there was a gender option for boffs like them.

Liberated Reman is male.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    doesnt matter HOW LONG borg were in game universe, because literay you can have "milions" of liberated borgs...only to be all females (with few exceptions) - and yes, i will like that crypcic add male versions too. just dont expect them to wear 7 of 9 sexy uniform.
  • tribbleorlfltribbleorlfl Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    stf65 wrote: »
    Why would you assume the boff was male when the only liberated borg in canon is female? Cryptic is clearly trying to emulate canon, which is why the liberated borg is female and the photonic is male, like the doctor. I am not saying they should not have male version. I am simply addressing your assumption.

Hugh, Orum (and all of the other male ex-borg from the Voy episode "Unity") and Icheb say "hi."
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If you want to be technical, the Liberated Borg female on the C-store counts as one, I don't count her as three because it's a female...faction determines race but no matter what faction it's a female.

There is the lobi one, she is female as well. Then we have the Accolade Borg, he is male and then there is the Reman Borg, he is male too...so there you have it...it's two to two.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    edited October 2013
    Hugh, Orum (and all of the other male ex-borg from the Voy episode "Unity") and Icheb say "hi."
    I was addressing the idea of character canon. 7 or 9 is the reason there is a liberated borg boff in the game, just as the Doctor is the reason there is a photonic boff. I would even go so far as to say that Worf is the only reason there are klingon boffs for the fed players. Data being an ops officer was why the original android was an engineering boff. There are conscious, canon, reasons why some of these things were done. It is for emulation rather then practicality. I am not saying they should not be changed. I am just addressing the reasoning behind the original design.
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was addressing the idea of character canon. 7 or 9 is the reason there is a liberated borg boff in the game, just as the Doctor is the reason there is a photonic boff. I would even go so far as to say that Worf is the only reason there are klingon boffs for the fed players. Data being an ops officer was why the original android was an engineering boff. There are conscious, canon, reasons why some of these things were done. It is for emulation rather then practicality. I am not saying they should not be changed. I am just addressing the reasoning behind the original design.
    God forbid anyone with any imagination work at Cryptic, right?
    edited October 2013
    God forbid anyone with any imagination work at Cryptic, right?
    What does imagination have to do with a canon homage? Many people play star trek online because they like star trek and want to emulate that.

I am also certain, based on many of your other posts, the moment cryptic produces something from their own imagination you will be one of the first ones to pop into a thread and say 'god forbid anyone at cryptic cares about canon'. If cryptic can only go right or left you will complain whether they go right or left.
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Simple answer: sex sells. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    That doesn't make sense. There are male Borg(in "canon" no less). They can be liberated. Logic would dictate that there can be male liberated Borg.

And the whole "the only liberated borg in canon is female" thing is nonsense. Picard is a liberated Borg too, don't forget.
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    eulifdavis wrote: »

Yeah, my male Reman borg is so hot.

He's ripped body can't even be contained in a KDF Romulan uniform. ;)
    GwaoHAD.png
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    i hope so i dont want to buy a dude !!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited October 2013
    eulifdavis wrote: »

this says it all !!!!! dudes dont
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    daan2006 wrote: »
    this says it all !!!!! dudes dont

They do if you've got a plan other than using your boffs as a masturbatory aid.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited October 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    They do if you've got a plan other than using your boffs as a masturbatory aid.

are you new to mmos? if not you would have not said that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Is the Best of Both Worlds not canon?
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
    edited October 2013
    Is the Best of Both Worlds not canon?
    I do not consider Picard's 1.25 episodes of being Lucutus to be important enough to matter to the debate; especially since I do not consider him to be a liberated borg, but rather a liberated controlled prisoner.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2013
    Why would you ever play anything but a female toon? Women rule!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • docbones2007docbones2007 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2013

you must hate women or be a sexist
    edited October 2013
    I just got the Liberated Romulan boff and assumed she was a male to my surprise. It's not a big deal, but I was hoping to have a male. My Liberated federation boff is a female as well.

had you looked at the info on the item it tells you it will be a female
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited October 2013

MADNESS!!!

MADNESS!!!

MADNESS!!!

MADNESS..... THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!! sorry saw that and king Leonidas ghost came out :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • the5thchild15the5thchild15 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Liberated BOFFs: must they all be female?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W7c8QghPxk

The Borg seek perfection after all :P