test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Michael Dorn confirmed for STO.

zipagatzipagat Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Klingon Discussion
Interesting and S8 spoilerish if you don't want to learn about that.

http://www.startrek.com/article/first-look-worf-returns-to-trek-we-talk-to-michael-dorn
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited October 2013
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And before anyone comments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np9Hb9IrhaI

:D:D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is def the biggest announcement so far...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    matixzonmatixzon Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This is awesome, totally going to replay those missions.
    @mawexzon

I like cats :cool:.

UGC Campaign: The Coldblooded Scrolls
  • Options
    frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The picture shows a new character model for Worf that looks more like him. Probably, much of the work was already done for the 25th anniversary of TNG. I hope that the Worf on Qo'noS and the KDF missions have been updated with this new model.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    frtoaster wrote: »
    The picture shows a new character model for Worf that looks more like him. Probably, much of the work was already done for the 25th anniversary of TNG. I hope that the Worf on Qo'noS and the KDF missions have been updated with this new model.

Worf on Qo'noS has been already updated with the new look for a while, there was even a thread about it!

Here it is: >>>The new Worf<<<
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    barondeltabarondelta Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If, while they?re inserting the voicing, they could fix the numerous cases of objective markers being in the wrong place in the early Klingon missions, that would make them a lot more pleasant to replay...
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Qa'pla! Grand news indeed. I look forward to replaying those episodes as well.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I am a huge Klingon fan but never really liked Worf that much just because he seemed to favor the feddys way to often. Martok was real deal great character . but even is Dorn interview he said something I thought was interesting.

Worf has learned he does not need to make a choice, even if the sto writers have him saying otherwise.

so the Actor that made Worf what he is really can even see the problems with sto staff.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    And for some more fun, have Mr. Dorn roll up a character and get in the game as Worf.:D

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    icsairguns wrote: »
    Worf has learned he does not need to make a choice, even if the sto writers have him saying otherwise.

so the Actor that made Worf what he is really can even see the problems with sto staff.

Ummmmmmmmmm..... they have the character in the game, they have him doing things in the script, those actions were choices. The character "made" choices to get to the point he has in the game, like walking away from the Federation.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Qa'pla! Grand news indeed. I look forward to replaying those episodes as well.

Yeah I'll play them too :D

Hopefully they got additional fun for the empire as well :D
  • Options
    omegaphallicomegaphallic Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Wolf never really made that choice, he's always done what he felt was best for both the federation and the Empire, even in the game. Yes he resigned, but that was not a rejection of the federation, it was a rejection of a federation policy which he believed put the federation in danger. Remember the House of Martok and its Allies refuse to particapate in the war against the federation, which is why the Federation is still there and why the Klingon Empire is ultimately making peace, it can win without the support of key houses like Martok, especially when the Chancellor's faction is weakened by the dishonour of his allies in the House of Torog.

Right now only the Orions Syndicate is likely to be pushing for continued war and with the embarrassing set backs and reveals about its business with the Tal Shiar its unlikely they'll protest peace too hard.

So I think worf still believes in the federation.

I do hope they explain worfs feelings about the Orion Sydicate.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    patrickngo wrote: »
    I'm honestly not sure they want to take that risk-at least, not with a Klingon character. I mean, given how well maintained the KDF faction is by the development staff, it might NOT result in a positive experience.

I think Mr. Dorn would be seriously weirded out. And I am sure you are right about the KDF maintenance issues. Hmmm, then again, with all the Klingons out wanting Worf's head, all the Feds wanting Worf to come back, might just vitalize the developers towards KDF development and bring in more KDF players.

Oops. Time for me to wake up. ;)

• Options
    macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited November 2013
    If only they would release a few more ships and other items for the faction. This could be a new start for the Klinks. Come on Cryptic ... make it up to us. You owe us for the dinos with lasers.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Maybe... Maybe there should be a plot to "replace" the current pa'taq that sits in as Chancellor, and put in Worf? :cool:
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Maybe... Maybe there should be a plot to "replace" the current pa'taq that sits in as Chancellor, and put in Worf? :cool:

I dont htink Worf wants to be chancellor, so i doubt he'd challenge for it.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The character of Worf will die a warrior, not as an aging politician steeped in compromise and corruption. Sto'Vo'Kor awaits.