test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Continuity problem on cardassian plot history

captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Romulan Discussion
WARNING!!! SPOILERS AHEAD!

I decided to make my romulan a RP character. I'm currently on the Cardassian plot, and have completed the mission "Crack in the Mirror". For those who don't remember, it is the one where the prophets says you have to switch a Orb with one on the mirror universe and then ends. I know the mission which continues this is "The Other Side" mission. However it is not made available to be played by romulans. I realize not all missions the Federation would handle for a romulan to do. But this one seens like a mission that should have been included for romulans to play, since it is a mission continuing the history. For a RP point of view, Sisko made the request for the player to carry the mission. I think this would heavily weight for the federation letting the romulan player to handle it

So any chance of having the mission "The Other Side" be made available for Romulans to play?
Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
Post edited by captwilhelm on

Comments

• jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    The KDF only get crack in the mirror. How about we get the 'other side ' to
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kevlintallfellowkevlintallfellow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When you speak to the prophet, they tell you that this is not for you to do.

So you don't get the missions because the prophets said so. Isn't that good enough?
  • captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    When you speak to the prophet, they tell you that this is not for you to do.

So you don't get the missions because the prophets said so. Isn't that good enough?

I really thought it was otherwise. I'll replay the mission when I have the time to check if I read wrong, though.

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
  • captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Just replayed the mission with my Romulan allied with the Federation. The prophet clearly stated "The Sisko has convinced us to leave this task to you". So, sorry kevlintallfellow. There is a problem here.
    jmaster29 wrote: »
    The KDF only get crack in the mirror. How about we get the 'other side ' to

I saw on STO wiki the KDF suffers from the same problem. However I've never played this mission as KDF and a simple change on the text like kevin said above can give the excuse for them to remove it. And I suspect this is what happens.

• gurluasgurluas Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I think FED allied Romulans should be allowed to do the Fed exclusive missions.
    I wondered if it was future content since nothing about the Mirror universe was uttered after that mission, I didn't even know it was Fed exclusive.

It makes sense not letting the KDF do it, but Fed Romulans should be able to.