test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with costumes?

borg9870borg9870 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I have a FED story where the player needs to kill sqauds of FED officers (there rebels). How can I do this, I tried putting in a MirrorFED squad and changing the costume to FED but then the squad became an ally...?
Post edited by borg9870 on

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hmm sure you didn't accidentally change the squad back to Fed?

When a plot ends up with the Player fighting Feds (as a fed) I normally use Mirror Fed npcs then reskin them.

That said I had a review the other day from someone saying their oddessey somehow got the mirror hull markings (yellow hull material) while playing one of my missions... so.. meh.. might be another bug?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    What thay8472 said. You probably accidentally set them back to Fed. When recostuming you must do it individually per actor
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    You're on the right track, but missing a crucial step. To reskin an NPC group (which you have to do to have feds fight feds) you have to reskin each NPC individually. There's a couple ways to do this.

Start with putting down a mirror fed NPC group just like you did before. Now, either zoom in on the group on the map and click on each red dot, or look at the left side menu, you'll see an arrow next to the NPC group name, which will expand the group so you can select each NPC individually.

Now look at the bottom of the screen, you should see a button that says something with the word "Costume" in it (sorry I'm not looking right at it and I have a bad memory). Click this and select the costume you want that individual NPC to have. Rinse, repeat.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    borg9870borg9870 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It would be much simpler if you just had the option to change the allegiance of NPC groups. I'll give it a go
  • Options
    castsbugccastsbugc Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Simpler, probably, but

1)this was implemented after the design for NPC groupings
    2)its beyond the scope of our ability to change, just to point out continually until someone who can does
    3)the best we have right now, which is more than there was 3 years ago.

by all means though, point it out in the bug forums, the more feedback on things like this, the better chance we have to get things changed to our benefit. Or else the more time we waste yelling into the wind, still on the fence about which is the true point we are at sometimes.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited October 2013
    Take it from a two+ year Foundry vet. Don't get hung up on you wish you could do in the Foundry or features you wish it had. Deal with it as it is right now. You'll be much happier.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable