test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mine Trap: Did I miss something?

ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
Up to a week or so ago, you could almost guarantee, that it would take maybe a couple of mins at most to get into a round of Mine Trap. Now it takes 5-10 mins easy. Is every one just not bothered by this map anymore?

As far as i'm aware, Its the only map where you can earn around 60 marks (Rommie) in one sitting. It seems like everyone is happier playing the easy games, but the rewards are much smaller, so I'm not sure why everyone is suddenly not playing this map.

Also, I have noticed just this afternoon, that the Salt Vampires have suddenly multiplied. Either that, or they are tired of getting their a**es whooped, and they have called for reinforcements, because there are loads running around now!

Has anyone else noticed the hoard of salt suckers increased?
Post edited by ironmako on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,151 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maybe people have had enough of mind trap? if the silly romulans decide to go back to that colony every time we rescue them.. it's their problem.
    zx2t8tuj4i10.png
    Thank you for the Typhoon!
  • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited June 2013
    Maybe more people are queuing for events that reward Nukara marks instead of queuing for Mine Trap.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • bumblebushbumblebush Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ironmako wrote: »
    Up to a week or so ago, you could almost guarantee, that it would take maybe a couple of mins at most to get into a round of Mine Trap. Now it takes 5-10 mins easy. Is every one just not bothered by this map anymore?

As far as i'm aware, Its the only map where you can earn around 60 marks (Rommie) in one sitting. It seems like everyone is happier playing the easy games, but the rewards are much smaller, so I'm not sure why everyone is suddenly not playing this map.

Also, I have noticed just this afternoon, that the Salt Vampires have suddenly multiplied. Either that, or they are tired of getting their a**es whooped, and they have called for reinforcements, because there are loads running around now!

Has anyone else noticed the hoard of salt suckers increased?

You are not the only one. Be4 the launch of LOR, on my Fed toon i was fighting Salt Vampires in mins. Now after the launch of LOR i havent played Mine Trap at all, and thats because theres just no1 queuing for it? WHY?

I personally like ground combat over space, but still like space and ground overall, and loved playing Mine Trap fighting the Salt Vampires. Not anymore, and especially want to play Mine Trap on my Rom toon cuz i need the Nukara Marks. But i dont mind taking the trip to Nukara Prime and fighting the Tholians for marks.

And i have to say, the Tholians remind me of the aliens in Starship Troopers:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
    Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
    I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
  • ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bumblebush wrote: »
    You are not the only one. Be4 the launch of LOR, on my Fed toon i was fighting Salt Vampires in mins. Now after the launch of LOR i havent played Mine Trap at all, and thats because theres just no1 queuing for it? WHY?

I personally like ground combat over space, but still like space and ground overall, and loved playing Mine Trap fighting the Salt Vampires. Not anymore, and especially want to play Mine Trap on my Rom toon cuz i need the Nukara Marks. But i dont mind taking the trip to Nukara Prime and fighting the Tholians for marks.

And i have to say, the Tholians remind me of the aliens in Starship Troopers:D

Well you hit on a very good point, which is that it is one of those ground combat missions which is being ignored, and this i never like. I'm with you, where I prefer ground combat. Oh dont get me wrong, My T5 B'rel is formidable enough, but doing the ground missions is my fave, and they are not touched on enough.

Problem is, there is no hard difficulty ground mission where you earn 'a choice of marks', not even in space! Even the 'Defend Rhi'hho Station', and the new shuttle event are only easy missions, so they don't give much in the way of marks either.

I think Crytpic should look at increasing the ground combat by making some of the 'choice of marks' missions with elite difficulty, just like the STF's.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol, Breaking the Planet and Big Dig are not popping up at all on the red side..
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    Lol, Breaking the Planet and Big Dig are not popping up at all on the red side..

They never had before LoR, that and the 20 man fleet defense. Most I've seen queuing for any of those maps is 6 people.

As for Minetrap I do get the occasional game in, but for rommie marks I find Tau Dewa sector patrol much better. 75 marks during the bonus event, even more if you bother to do the radiation scans too. It may take a little longer depending on the ship you use, but you'll get plenty of loot drops for spare ec too.
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think the size of teams in missions like this are too big.(20)
    It should be reduced to individual teams of 5,and also that the score you get at the end,should be for a team of 5 and not 20 as a whole.
    Currently getting the maximum score depends on all 20 players succeeding.
    This is unfair,and should be for a team of 5.
    Experienced players should not have to carry beginners,these players will learn as they go along.
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Frankly I didnt even think about this mission, but I started today doing it :) so theres +1 to this mission on a daily basis.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • mickyc2mickyc2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    their are so many fleets that are fleet mark hungary and this gives out 70 fleet marks if u do it right and when u open the box u get another 30 fleet marks so 100 fleet marks and no one bothers to do it for easy fleet marks and so many fleets needs those marks and this is the only stf that rewards good with no cool down
  • eisenw0lfeisenw0lf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    mickyc2 wrote: »
    their are so many fleets that are fleet mark hungary and this gives out 70 fleet marks if u do it right and when u open the box u get another 30 fleet marks so 100 fleet marks and no one bothers to do it for easy fleet marks and so many fleets needs those marks and this is the only stf that rewards good with no cool down

This. Also this mission has for some reason no cooldown. You can play it over and over again. Furthermore, since it is crossfaction (THANK GOD), it is the only 20 player mission which is also playable with a red faction character.
  • philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited October 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Maybe more people are queuing for events that reward Nukara marks instead of queuing for Mine Trap.

Sounds like the Queue Continuum to me.