test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lockboxes need to explode!

capnkirk4capnkirk4 Member Posts: 1,676 Arc User
Anytime your ship enters combat there should be a 75% chance that incoming fire destroys whatever lockboxes you're carrying and showers your inventory with whatever is contained inside. These things multiply worse than tribbles, I swear they're multiplying in my inventory. Or alternatively, make them a reputation grind component. At the very least we need a "Sell all lockboxes at lowest market share" button.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Or just don't pick them up. I seldom do.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Or just don't pick them up. I seldom do.

Normally you pick up with "F" and if there are multiple drops you won't be able to pick them up if you abort everytime a lockbox comes up.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    "DELETE STACK Y/N?"

ddddd
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I usually stack a variety of them in my Bank. Some of them that haven't been "promoted" in awhile fetch a good price on the Exchange.
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I've had so many in the past, I'd like a choice to actually build a ship out of lockboxes.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We need a lockbox torpedo launcher! A PvP only launcher by which your lockboxes can be transfered into your enemy's inventory. Once the inventory is full, shields will drop, the engine will stop working and the crew will launch escape pods.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    it is realy that hard to DISCARD unwanted lock boxes ?
  • aarons9aarons9 Member Posts: 961
    edited October 2013
    they do need to stack more.

there is no reason they cant stack to 999...
    [12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
    [12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Problem is lock boxes drop more than loot now and I for one am really getting sick of it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just sell them on the exchange as 20-packs. Easy money.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hmm, OP gave me an idea. Make Lockboxes destructable objects at the same time they are lootable. :P

At the same time, how about the ability to turn in lockboxes for some kind of cheap reward and actually have a reason to loot them aside from the main intention of opening them for goods.
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2013
    It is Cryptic saying "Give me MOAR money now!"
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • atalossataloss Member Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »
    I've had so many in the past, I'd like a choice to actually build a ship out of lockboxes.

lol..that was funny.
    One day Cryptic will be free from their Perfect World overlord. Until that day comes, they will continue to pamper the whales of this game, and ignore everyone that isn't a whale.
  • kaloriaa4kaloriaa4 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Ship? You can build a starbase out of lockboxes they drop too often and keys to open them cost 500 zen or 3 million EC's if the key is single use that would be 3 million EC's per box. And the boxes get dropped by the mobs way to often. Perhaps redesign the keys to open 10 per key. Or increase the stack size to 1000.
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    starswordc wrote: »
    I just sell them on the exchange as 20-packs. Easy money.

I also sell them on the Exchange. Indeed, they are an easy way to get credits.
  • capnshadow27capnshadow27 Member Posts: 1,731 Arc User
    edited October 2013

So a literal Lockbox ship?
    kaloriaa4 wrote: »
    Ship? You can build a starbase out of lockboxes they drop too often and keys to open them cost 500 zen or 3 million EC's if the key is single use that would be 3 million EC's per box. And the boxes get dropped by the mobs way to often. Perhaps redesign the keys to open 10 per key. Or increase the stack size to 1000.

Flyable DS9?
    Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
    I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kharonsoremankharonsoreman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    aarons9 wrote: »
    they do need to stack more.

there is no reason they cant stack to 999...

Yes there is.
    It's in the Z-store.
    Those bank and inventory slot for sale.

They keep stack sizes stupidly small
    You buy slots
    They profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    A wolf remains a wolf, even if it has not eaten your sheep.
  • foxalpha5foxalpha5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    right click-->delete

DeltaFox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • notapwefannotapwefan Member Posts: 1,138 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    szim wrote: »
    We need a lockbox torpedo launcher! A PvP only launcher by which your lockboxes can be transfered into your enemy's inventory. Once the inventory is full, shields will drop, the engine will stop working and the crew will launch escape pods.

Give that man a cookie :D
    Grinding for MkIV epic gear?
    Ain't Nobody Got Time for That

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    capnkirk4 wrote: »
    Anytime your ship enters combat there should be a 75% chance that incoming fire destroys whatever lockboxes you're carrying and showers your inventory with whatever is contained inside.

cheapest idea i've seen in getting a lockbox item...
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Discarding them or not picking them up is just silly. They're free ECs. They sell quickly. They're as addictive as scratch tickets for some players. An Elachi is worth 20-50 ECs depending on market fluctuation. It's just a stomach cramp having to post 30 of them, one at a time. Like I said, we need a "Sell all at lowest market share" button.

A "their" problem, therefore does not affect me directly nor indirectly. Also, I fear that you may becoming one of them with your "Make Lockboxes Explode" idea. The market share button is highly impractical as it will have to link directly into the exchange not to mention that there will be a delay between you posting it and someone buying it. Furthermore, someone will have to be constantly hounding the market price; which is something I doubt anyone has the time for.
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited October 2013
    The speed at which people gobble them up on the exchange, I'm kind of surprised that Cryptic hasn't progressed to the "lockboxes within a lockbox" premise.

"Beginning Thursday 8:00 am PDT, all Elachi lockboxes shall now contain 10 more Elachi lockboxes! This will give players 10 more chances to win that, much sought after, shiny, new, ship!"

You sir are brilliant tonight. Kudos!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matryoshka_doll
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Anytime your ship enters combat there should be a 75% chance that incoming fire destroys whatever lockboxes you're carrying and showers your inventory with whatever is contained inside. These things multiply worse than tribbles, I swear they're multiplying in my inventory. Or alternatively, make them a reputation grind component. At the very least we need a "Sell all lockboxes at lowest market share" button.

I totally Agree with the first idea.