test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omega Rep costume unlockes for Boff's

willomallywillomally Member Posts: 90 Arc User
I would like to be able to dress my boff's using the armor costume unlocks I have earned. I was wondering how many us share this sentiment and if it's in cryptic's interest to open these uniform options for our Boff's?
[SIGPIC]

Look at the pretty mushroom grow
Post edited by willomally on

Comments

• johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I know if you equip them with the gear, it shows (at least with Maco)... but isnt customizable.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree with this 100%. If I took the time and effort to equip my away team in Mk XII rep gear I should be able to use the costume editor on them as well.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I share the OP's sentiment.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • packer3434packer3434 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    We used to be able to, I miss that tailor command...
    Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
    Bleed Green and Gold
  • adverberoadverbero Member Posts: 2,045 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah i would love this, I have the Enemy Faction Orion BOFF from diplomacy but they can only wear KDF uniforms

I ended up giving her the Omega gear an setting it visible just show she can fit in better, but would love it to be customisable too
    solar_approach_by_chaos_sandwhich-d74kjft.png

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I wish it were an option too, I see no good reason for it to not be.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • quazar1492quazar1492 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I agree 100% as well. Interestingly I discovered that for some reason I can dress klingon, alien and orion women in the uniforms. I don't know why they are the only ones, or at least they are the only ones I could find. My male boffs don't get the costume unlocks.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    BOffs can still have the look of the STF-gear without customization. Just give them the armor of the set and set "display visuals" via right-click. My favourite tactical officer wears my old MACO MK XI-set and visibly carries the armor.
  • mccarronxldmccarronxld Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This should indeed be fixed.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."
  • mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hell yeah, I am totally for this, since i could "equip", with the old command, just 2 ugly saurians in omega ground sets with optionals until word was spread and the command code was disabled :(
  • redheadguyredheadguy Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    willomally wrote: »
    I would like to be able to dress my boff's using the armor costume unlocks I have earned. I was wondering how many us share this sentiment and if it's in cryptic's interest to open these uniform options for our Boff's?

In a word: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Come on Cryptic! Let me put these costumes on my Boffs! There is no excuse for you not to do this!
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
  • redheadguyredheadguy Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    BOffs can still have the look of the STF-gear without customization. Just give them the armor of the set and set "display visuals" via right-click. My favourite tactical officer wears my old MACO MK XI-set and visibly carries the armor.

Your missing the point friend: we want to customize the look of our Boffs! Right now, all we can do is what you said but that's not enough! We want that option in the costume tailor!
    [SIGPIC]

[/SIGPIC]
  • aveimperatoraveimperator Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    redheadguy wrote: »
    In a word: YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Come on Cryptic! Let me put these costumes on my Boffs! There is no excuse for you not to do this!

Actually, if you want your BOFFs to look like that, you need to grind MORE marks and dilithium to get the Mk XII armors for each one of them. That takes time. Time spent playing the game. And a lot of annoying grind. Just take the shortcut and buy Zen, trade to Dilithium. See? Now everyone's happy!

This is Cryptic/PWE's thinly veiled scheme. That is their excuse.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Actually, if you want your BOFFs to look like that, you need to grind MORE marks and dilithium to get the Mk XII armors for each one of them. That takes time. Time spent playing the game. And a lot of annoying grind. Just take the shortcut and buy Zen, trade to Dilithium. See? Now everyone's happy!

This is Cryptic/PWE's thinly veiled scheme. That is their excuse.
    Except we NEVER unlock the tailor option to use OMEGA/MACO gear for our BOFF. We just use the "default" armor skin, without anything else granted by the tailor unlock.
    And no amount of grind change that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aveimperatoraveimperator Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Yeah, but they don't care. They just want you logging in and spending money. So you'll be happy with your default, grind-earned MK XII BOFFs, damn it!
  • lordagamemnonb5lordagamemnonb5 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Like Klingons with dreadlocks, another dumb design decision by the devs.

To get the costume unlock, you have to grind to unlock a grind to unlock a grind. All that time and all of those resources I should be allowed to do what I want with those costumes.

That includes more color options as well.

Hell, I don't care if my BOFF has Mk VII armor one, I just want the costume for my BOFFS
    How the Devs see Star Trek, apparently:
    Star Trek: The Original Grind
    Star Trek: The Next Grind
    Star Trek: Deep Space Grind
    Star Trek: Voyage to the Grind
  • patrickmckabypatrickmckaby Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Indeed, we should have the option to, I think it's a case of Cryptic don't know how many people want it, so it's probably worth getting a post like this up high and on their RADAR as it were so they know that people want the option to do it.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Here's a quick and dirty Cryptic Decision Tree to give you an idea if something will be Implemented:

1. Can it generate noticeable income?

If YES, then line 2. If NO, the "Working as Intended"

2. Can it be implemented from existing code or assets via copypasta?

If YES, then implement. If NO, then "Working as Intended"

Hopefully this helps. Please reference for future questions. :P