test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So I was wondering...

deokkentdeokkent Member Posts: 5,439 Arc User
edited October 2013 in PvP Gameplay
Has anyone tried this?

So suppose you're a scimitar carrying DBBs fore and use the following build: a2b+marion+dem+omega amp. If I'm not mistaken, DBB have a 90 degree firing arc. Let's say you're a good pilot so you position yourself so nothing but your target is in the firing arc. Makes sense? Coolio.

What happens to the target? Good build? Bad build?

Edit: Oh geez, I forgot to say in the 90% arc you do fire at will III and all that good tac stuff.
0)o Slayage mode o(0
anime-anime-gif-Gintama-Sakata-Gintoki-2211455.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Hrmm, would it be able to do enough damage to a target in that limited arc fast enough. The 5x DBBs would do more damage than 5x Arrays - but you're looking at a 90 arc vs. 250 arc.

Kind of an interesting question...something different than the BO DBB + CRF DHCs running with the EWO BO+Pen DOFF(s) for the increased bleed from the DHCs (along with the DEM/etc/etc)...

...could spreadsheet warrior it up, but that would be major theory vs. application - that 90 arc on a Scimitar...hrmmm. Anybody dork around with anything like that on a Kumari?
  • Options
    thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    So anyways when USS asked about testing the overcap with DBB's I did this.

Yes.
  • Options
    dirtyharib0dirtyharib0 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    a few weeks ago the elite pve guys absolutely stomped the ques both cap and hold and arena for a whole evening, (I believe dps recluse a were involved as well). They stomped premades like they were pugs....the next day every body was running ATB with fire at will like it was the new hotness.
    Best builds in this ship build (that I have seen) are by naz, saxfire and mal Reynolds.
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Said PVE guys also tried a DBB Kumari. It hits hard... at least in PVE, lol.

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=dbbkumaripve_0
  • Options
    dirtyharib0dirtyharib0 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well I played a few games with naz and another panda when they were testing this sort of build out, (I was in my skimmy as well, but not this build) and even against what should have been a really tough premade I could barely get a kill in edge ways. If two of these done right unclaok there just arnt enough heals to stem the the bleeding. In terms of pure killage potential I've never seen better. A little squishy but if everything's dead ....
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Already tested in fleet, and the highest spike damage we did, like in a timeframe of 5-6 seconds, was about 120k and more DPS under right cube in CSE...